Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Still super hot here. Got up to 99F, heat index at 106F. Tomorrow more of the same.

Something is wrong with our AC. Won't cool. Luckily we have a stucco house so the heat hasn't seeped in. Have an AC guy coming over tomorrow AM to see what's wrong. (Ca-ching)

This afternoon we just sat around conserving what cool there is in here. I read "Rattlesnake Crossing" by by J. A. Jance. I just love her books. Don't let the fact that she's a gray-haired grandma fool you. She writes some pretty gritty stuff.

Right now we're catching Below Deck while eating cold salads.

This weekend it's supposed to be mid-70s. Go figure.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Right now we're catching Below Deck while eating cold salads.

I'm watching too. This has been a good end to the season. Hopefully, the last 25 minutes doesn't screw it up.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Heard that  there was a trailer. Did it air? I normally record and watch on Fridays for our “cruisin for cocktails.”

It was maybe a 30 second, at most, spot. It really gave no insight into the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well it’s my turn.  Andy was working on the siding around the new bedroom window when the ladder tipped and he fell.  Thankfully he landed on the grass but he put his hand out to break the fall.  It looks exactly like Owens. He was also having some back pain so I called a rescue.  We’re at the hospital now, he just went for a cat scan & X-rays but they’re saying he will likely need surgery on the wrist.   I’m just thankful I was home. 

Oh no, sorry to hear this.   Thankful his fall wasn't worse.   Please keep us posted.   🙏 he comes home soon and heals quickly.

28 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not a fan of hers either.  I am not sure if she just decided she didn't want to be on the show anymore or if she is still recovering.  She had a pretty bad scooter accident.

She actually left because of all the nasty scuttlebutt she got when she turned Hannah in for those drugs. (So I've read.)

I think she was on Down Under but I may be wrong. I don't get that here unless I pay extra.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot do anything mechanical even though I was able to make things in high school shop classes.

I still change my own oil and brakes on my car.   I taught Eric how to do this years ago.   Back in the day (sorry for using that) I could do tuneups, change out starters, alternators, carburetors, belts, radiators, etc etc.   Changed engines and tranny's with Dad and Brother when restoring cars.  Even body work as a beginner.   I miss those days hanging out in garage with my Dad.

• Like 7

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I still change my own oil and brakes on my car.   I taught Eric how to do this years ago.   Back in the day (sorry for using that) I could do tuneups, change out starters, alternators, carburetors, belts, radiators, etc etc.   Changed engines and tranny's with Dad and Brother when restoring cars.  Even body work as a beginner.   I miss those days hanging out in garage with my Dad.

I never changed oil and never filled a gas tank.I drove 31 years and never drove in a tunnel and over a bridge only once.I wonder how many other people can say that ?

• Like 1

Kids break a lot of things. In Junior high/high school, many students had a cast or crutches at some point. Sports, skateboards, roller skates, dirt bikes, bicycles, skiing/snowboards, and just general falls. Mine was on my horse, riding. He didn't like a turn, bucked and I went flying and dislocated and fractured my elbow. I was bareback. That was fun walking home, with the reins over my shoulder and clutched under my armpit and trying to hold my wrist with the other hand. (not)

I'm sorry to hear about Andy and Owen. Especially for Andy and Bonnie, these things are much more difficult and slower to heal when you get older. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never changed oil and never filled a gas tank.I drove 31 years and never drove in a tunnel and over a bridge only once.I wonder how many other people can say that ?

Why would they? That is not exactly a sterling accomplishment Len. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

She actually left because of all the nasty scuttlebutt she got when she turned Hannah in for those drugs. (So I've read.)

I think she was on Down Under but I may be wrong. I don't get that here unless I pay extra.

It was the accident that left her sidelined. She is not on Below Deck Down Under but former alum Aiesha Scott is the chief stew. Others have said they don’t like down under but I like it. I frankly like all the Below deck franchises.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never changed oil but my husband does for all the vehicles.  I have pumped gas since I was 16.  I don't know how many tunnels and bridges I have driven through/over.  On the news tonight they were showing a car on fire in the Mobile tunnel and the resulting back up - glad I missed that.  I dislike the bridge across the Mississippi in Baton Rouge.  It always is backed up.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

I have never changed oil but my husband does for all the vehicles.  I have pumped gas since I was 16.  I don't know how many tunnels and bridges I have driven through/over.  On the news tonight they were showing a car on fire in the Mobile tunnel and the resulting back up - glad I missed that.  I dislike the bridge across the Mississippi in Baton Rouge.  It always is backed up.  

I loved driving .My co-workers challenged me to find ways to get to destinations without taking bridges,tunnels or highways.The only time I drove over a bridge or on a highway was when I was taking driving lessons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen was just tagging first base after his hit and run down the baseline.  Fractions of a second later the first baseman t-boned Owen, on his blind side as he tried to tag first base. He was later than Owen and Owen was hit perpendicular to the direction he was running an had no idea the kid was there.  

He didn’t try to tag Owen with his glove, he just ran into him. Owen flew 5’ at about 4’ off the ground.  Owen landed on his wrist breaking and dislocated it. He has bruises on the front of both shoulders too. Owen was called safe because he got there first, even he was laying on the ground crying out loud.

Meanwhile the first base coach was questioning if Owen should’ve been safe or not. He was debating that while Owen was still laying on the ground and Lisa was standing 2 feet away from him.  This was two or three minutes after it happened, when the coaches called her to come over.

On the other team there was a mom who is a paramedic, and she came to assist after Owen was helped off the diamond.  Owen was so gray faced she had him lay down, and determined it was either a broke wrist or dislocation. She said we could either call the ambulance or take him ourselves. It took 20 minutes before we had him loaded

Their kid was kicked out of the game and Owen is out to at least early August. We are disgusted by the coaches actions and not very pleased with the kid either. It was the top of the second inning and Owen was first at bat and we were leading 1/0.  This didn’t need to happen.

If it had been the MLB it would have been a dugout clearing brawl and their next batter would have been nailed by the pitcher. 

Not that it matters so much now.....so it was a ground ball to the first basement and it was just a race to the first base bag..........Sounds like the fielder just thought he could beat Owen to the bag and the fielder got there late and just collided right into Owen. 

I assume the 1st basement is built much larger then Owen?

On a play like that the pitcher is suppose to cover  1st base. Guess he never got over  to cover the bag, if he had this may have never happened.

Darn Pitcher not being where he was suppose to be. !

You don't think the 1st basement purposely tried to hurt Owen do you?

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wishing and praying for a complete recovery for you,Bonnie.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Bonnie,   here is a photo of beach today.   Another great day.   I hope this gives you happy dreams tonight😍

20220619_102100.thumb.jpg.0527686c301e8f9c7ffda92fcd552914.jpg

So very beautiful and tranquil.  Thank you!

• Like 3