Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I read temps will go up, if they have already, to 119!!  Hope the weather breaks soon.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply.  What rhetorical question do you mean?

By rhetorical I mean I don’t expect a reply . I don’t expect Mimi to divulge any personal information.  This is in contrast to a literal question which is to be taken at face value. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

To Graham and everyone else who resides in the UK this is a very sorrowful day .I cannot imagine what is going on there today.

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

@grapau27 Sorry for the loss of your Queen.  

Thank you Lenny and @molly361for your kind words.

We have just heard the devastating news.

Graham.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@sgmn@grapau27

So much of the world mourns with the people of Great Britain. 
It’s a great loss.
Her Majesty gave her entire life to her country and set an example for all of us. 

A very sad day. And a new beginning. 

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

To all of our friends here from the UK and other countries of the Commonwealth, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of the Queen.  She was a great monarch and an even better lady.  She will be dearly missed.

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We mourn with the people of Great Britain on the loss of their much beloved HM the Queen.  Best wishes to Prince Charles to continue the legacy of service his mother, the Queen, left.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

To Graham and everyone else who resides in the UK this is a very sorrowful day .I cannot imagine what is going on there today.

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thank you all for your kind words.

We are both devastated by her sad death.

Graham and Pauline 

• Like 5

May Queen Elizabeth be granted peaceful eternal rest and all those she loved and cared for in her lifetime be granted healing and comfort.

She was a true leader . The world mourns the passing of another person from the greatest generation.

We need the strength and courage that the Queen and so many of that generation showed in challenging times now more than ever.

MJ

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Check out what I found at Harbour Town.

image.thumb.png.3ab7135cb1e67cfa8a2cd9fc3b2e695b.png

image.thumb.png.8c4b30770815b42adaa24da5639d2661.png

I think I like the cruise ships better....

image.thumb.png.2adc6b7b81a5b7132f84d13aa60ab5ea.png

That's the boat that goes out on sunset cruises and my best friend often plays on it. Still if you get a chance go see Dave Kemmerly play at the Salty Dog on the deck from 5-9pm today and tomorrow. 

Cheers!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

Okay, I'm whiney. LOL. :classic_biggrin: And we have some familiarity with wildfires. We don't have air conditioning, usually we have fog. :classic_biggrin:

I would absolutely die without ac. I don’t see how y’all do it.

@sgmn @grapau27My condolences to you and your country. She was an amazing person and did so much for the UK. She was always so dignified. May she Rest In Peace.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

“I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service”

The Queen on her 21st Birthday. 

I have always greatly admired our Queen.  My daughter’s middle name is Elizabeth.

A new King and a new British Prime Minister.

Britain now enters 10 days of official mourning.

Condolences to Graham, Pauline, Sue & Gary.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

“I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service”

I have always greatly admired our Queen.  My daughter’s middle name is Elizabeth.

And to you too @aussielozzie18 

Thank you for you kind words 🙏 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 My heart goes out to you and your country of the passing of your beloved Queen. Rest In Peace dear Queen Elizabeth.

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

@sgmn@grapau27

So much of the world mourns with the people of Great Britain. 
It’s a great loss.
Her Majesty gave her entire life to her country and set an example for all of us. 

A very sad day. And a new beginning. 

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@grapau27, @sgmn We are so sad in our house.  My daughter loves everything Royal and I grew up admiring the Queen. So sorry for your Country and prayers for Prince Charles.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

To all of our friends here from the UK and other countries of the Commonwealth, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of the Queen.  She was a great monarch and an even better lady.  She will be dearly missed.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We mourn with the people of Great Britain on the loss of their much beloved HM the Queen.  Best wishes to Prince Charles to continue the legacy of service his mother, the Queen, left.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

May Queen Elizabeth be granted peaceful eternal rest and all those she loved and cared for in her lifetime be granted healing and comfort.

She was a true leader . The world mourns the passing of another person from the greatest generation.

We need the strength and courage that the Queen and so many of that generation showed in challenging times now more than ever.

MJ

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I saw that when it got released. Very powerful. What a beautiful lady, human being and Queen. The world has lost one of the great ones.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had not heard the news until I opened this thread. What a sad day. She has been the Queen of England for my entire life. I sincerely hope that Charles and William can fill a huge void.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 @sgmn How appropriate that this happened today.

306044237_2232725190236915_7081872256580774164_n.thumb.jpeg.673577946a663571c97f7d15553a5cbc.jpeg

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

@sgmn @grapau27My condolences to you and your country. She was an amazing person and did so much for the UK. She was always so dignified. May she Rest In Peace.

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@sgmnand @grapau27I was so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved Queen Elizabeth.  She was a great and awesome leader, as well as an amazing woman.  May she Rest in Peace.

28 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

She was much loved and respected.  The world will miss her presence.

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

RIP Your Majesty 

Thank you for your long years of selfless service and your strength and grace as head of our country and The Commonwealth 

May you find rest now in The Lords arms

Many thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Her Majesty was loved by most of us and will be sadly missed.

The UK is to have 12 days of mourning and a state funeral for our beloved Queen.

Graham.

• Like 16

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and kind words on the loss of our Queen. She's been the last remaining constant of all my life and of most people in the UK, and its a bit of a shock that she's gone. She's been such a part of the fabric of our country it's difficult to take it in that shes gone 💔 

RIP

God Save the King

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 @sgmn How appropriate that this happened today.

306044237_2232725190236915_7081872256580774164_n.thumb.jpeg.673577946a663571c97f7d15553a5cbc.jpeg

This was such a sign.  Just after it was announced and the flag was lowered, this wonderful rainbow appeared over Windsor Castle. Her favourite residence and where she has lived for the last few years of her life

• Like 16

My condolences to all those in the UK.

FB_IMG_1662680273460.thumb.jpg.fd7ca2a1925a6e5216f9b0b30b8ca428.jpg

i was down at the beach today with some friends when a shower came through.  Water was rough afterwards and went to take a picture of the water, realized as taking it there was a rainbow.  Had heard of the queens passing while there but not the rainbow at Windsor.  Guess she was everywhere today 💔.

20220908_180034.thumb.jpg.4f600945e959eb998618d89792475eef.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

By rhetorical I mean I don’t expect a reply . I don’t expect Mimi to divulge any personal information.  This is in contrast to a literal question which is to be taken at face value. 

Thank you for explaining.

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Both Jack and I grew up with no AC.  Me, in NY, he in Israel.  Our 1st apt., thankfully had ac.  We bought my parents an ac window unit which I suspect was hardly used.  They said it was too cold!

I had a weird experience at the Kroger deli counter.  This could almost have happened to Sue

@LionesssI know she could tell it better:

Me:  Can I please have 1/2 pound Boar's Head Genoa salami sliced thin?

DL (deli lady): Did not respond and seemed to not understand.

Me: I repeated, spoke louder and slower

DL: No response but took out the roast beef.

Me: No that's not salami as I commenced to point to it in the showcase.

DL:  No response but took out different roast beef

Me: Can you please come around to my side so I can show you the salami I want?

DL: No response and took out garlic baloney

Me: Jack come here and help us please?  Leave it to a guy with an Israeli accent to get through to her.

Me:   Now I'll have 1/2 pound of lemon pepper turkey

DL:  Finally got it right after 2 failed attempts taking out other deli meat

Me: (after I had everything in my cart) Excuse me, can I have 1/3 pound of the lemon pepper turkey you just gave me

DL; We don't have that

Me: You just cut 1/2 pound.  I picked up the pkg from my cart and showed it to her.

DL: She just shrugged her shoulders

Me: Have a nice day, walking away in disbelief.

If this was 50 years ago, I bet I would have been on Candid Camera.

We were in a rush to get home. Should I have reported her? I feel the store was at fault, not her personally or maybe I have a soft heart🤨

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 7