Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I have tried it all ready.Works great super fast.  I think she bought it on Amazon. There are videos of it in action out there. Important thing is get one with a good suction to the table you are working on.

This one we got is great. Says it can do potatoes 🥔  too,you just pull down the coring blade out of the way and just use the crank to peel.

https://www.amazon.com/Victorio-Kitchen-Products-VKP1010-Stainless/dp/B001DLTD1C/ref=asc_df_B001DLTD1C/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167142021489&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14932472590667617006&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008817&hvtargid=pla-275649615518&th=1

You mean I could have used that to peel the 5# bag of potatoes I just peeled to make mashed potatoes to go with meatloaf I'm making for the week😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good Evening Sue.

We got off Anthem of the seas this morning after a 7 night cruise.We went to 

La Rochelle.

Bilbao.

La Corunna.

Le Havre.

We got home 2 hours ago after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

IMG_20220910_125636.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220907_183759.jpg

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

I hope you had a wonderful cruise🥰

The food looked great!   I love Anthem and really looking forward to our next sailing on her on Dec 4th.   

How were the port stops?  Did you tour on your own or do any excursions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you had a wonderful cruise🥰

The food looked great!   I love Anthem and really looking forward to our next sailing on her on Dec 4th.   

How were the port stops?  Did you tour on your own or do any excursions?

We had a wonderful cruise.

La Rochelle --- we got the shuttle and walked around the lovely harbour and town shops 

Bilbao --- We got the shuttle into the city centre and shopped but felt the city was disappointed.

La Corunna --- It was raining but the town centre was minutes from the ship so we walked around with .

Le Havre --- We stayed on the ship.

We have been to all of these ports several times before.

Graham.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had a wonderful cruise.

La Rochelle --- we got the shuttle and walked around the lovely harbour and town shops 

Bilbao --- We got the shuttle into the city centre and shopped but felt the city was disappointed.

La Corunna --- It was raining but the town centre was minutes from the ship so we walked around with .

Le Havre --- We stayed on the ship.

We have been to all of these ports several times before.

Graham.

Toby’s sister is somewhere in Spain today.She is on a two week tour of Spain and Portugal.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, George C said:

Amici’s in downtown Carrollton, it was in our opinion the best restaurant in Carrollton for 30 years, he sold it and a woman who owned a pizza place bought it , my meal yesterday was just terrible. 

Oh my goodness, I have always heard good things about them. So sorry it has changed! 

Did you ever eat next door at The Joy of Cooking? I loved that place, but they shut down a few years ago when the landlord raised their rent a ridiculous amount.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh my goodness, I have always heard good things about them. So sorry it has changed! 

Did you ever eat next door at The Joy of Cooking? I loved that place, but they shut down a few years ago when the landlord raised their rent a ridiculous amount.

Rents for everyone including businesses have gone nuts , the new owners of amicis left old location since they wanted to increase her rent by thousands, old owner who is our friend still owns the building but unfortunately has nothing to do with the cooking anymore. Never went to Joy of Cooking. 

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ha I’d love that if they let me behind the bar. Maybe I can just be the Bella Cruise Cocktail Consultant!

Well, we at least we need a Kraken Klub.

Boop (tap on shoulder). You're in charge.

Do we also need a Lemoncello group? Probably. Book (tap on shoulder) John, you're in charge.

What else do we need? My magic wand is waiting to work it's magic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You mean I could have used that to peel the 5# bag of potatoes I just peeled to make mashed potatoes to go with meatloaf I'm making for the week😁

Yes, you swing the core piece down out of the way and stick the potato  in the prongs and screw the handle and the peeling piece will have it peeled in like 7 seconds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hi Deb.  18 more days!!!!  We sail on the 29th.  😊

Take good care of her, we sail October 13.  Of course, we picked the 9 day cruise that requires testing!  Just our luck.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good Evening Sue.

We got off Anthem of the seas this morning after a 7 night cruise.We went to 

La Rochelle.

Bilbao.

La Corunna.

Le Havre.

We got home 2 hours ago after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

IMG_20220910_125636.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220907_183759.jpg

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

And there was me having a couple of hours at your favourite place?????? thinking I may bump into you.

York designer outlet.

All the time you’d sneaked off on Anthem.

Trust you had a good cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m trying to catch up but it’s like swimming against the tide lol.  We flew home yesterday from our 2nd trip to Disney in three weeks and I can definitely declare that I’m Disney’d out.  We thought it was tiring with a 9 & 11 yr old?  Even more so with a 3 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old - and their parents were with us this time!! Anyway, it was a fun time and the best thing is I (a notoriously fearful flyer) did great on both flights.  All that time sitting around during the pandemic, I told myself that when things got better, I was going to conquer this fear that was holding me back from a lot of travel options.  Now granted, I may have needed half a Xanax 🙂, but I was not a basket case & can honestly say I enjoyed it.  
I was so very sorry to read about the passing of Queen Elizabeth. Such a loss to many of you here, but really to the world.  
I can’t believe that while I was gone, it went from summer to everything pumpkin.  I love fall, I’m just not ready for it!

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Recipe please?

Sure, would suggest though in less you have a very Large Crock Pot, cut this recipe in half. It makes a lot, we had to transfer it to a large pot  on the stove before putting in the  the 20oz spaghetti sauce jar.

Also we read before putting pasta in to cook it first before to about 1/2 done then put it in the pot about 30 minutes before you want to eat it.

Pasta Fagioli in the Crockpot

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces pasta

Directions:
Brown beef in a skillet.
Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Add pasta the last 30 minutes.
Serve with a nice crisp green salad and some garlic bread!

Enjoy 

• Like 9

This is the Harbor of Refuge which is the entrace to (and exit from) RI's largest fishing port, Galilee...

20220911_165337.thumb.jpg.03e9cd99394a3564b49857db246975cc.jpg

20220911_165341.thumb.jpg.2d01423d0d36bb037edae59caa2809dd.jpg

The breechway leading into and out of the port...

20220911_165813.thumb.jpg.451ed9a2dfed5884c2cebb9bb2cfaab3.jpg

The ferry leaving to go to Block Island which is located about 11 miles off the RI coast and makes for a pretty fun day trip or several day get a way.

20220911_170708.thumb.jpg.9f10ccd40fd64108d76f56bd2efdba1d.jpg

20220911_170803.thumb.jpg.cb4504f98ec4e51a1375ce6a6b714236.jpg

I could't find a good place to take a photo of our fishing fleet.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601I sure wish I had your memory!!  You remember everything and everyone!!!🥰😘

I do sometimes forget or mess up spouses names on this thread so sometimes I am hesitant about typing what I think their name is.   Like @Arzeenahas a hubby Jim or a boyfriend😁

Dani @dani negreanuis the best at remembering😍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do sometimes forget or mess up spouses names on this thread so sometimes I am hesitant about typing what I think their name is.   Like @Arzeenahas a hubby Jim or a boyfriend😁

Dani @dani negreanuis the best at remembering😍

You really need a cheat sheet to keep up!  I’m always afraid I’m going to refer to someone’s spouse by the wrong name. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1