Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen had football practice all week, with his first game tomorrow late afternoon.  Tomorrow night he has a rep hockey tryout game. He made the first round of cuts. 

0BF44270-1201-4F42-A788-FEA8D23846BD.thumb.jpeg.6e752d33135922819a6b911d1c9aa8c9.jpeg

Lucy last night. 

BD5F2887-5246-4358-B0B9-6E493456970B.thumb.jpeg.a0cb47cbf0dbbb21f651fbcb6120785f.jpeg

Here are some of the items purchased from Costco today. I guess all could be used at football and hockey games, but the foot and hand warmers are my main pic. 

59F3ADFE-C266-4C4C-9B09-12C4EB6B348D.thumb.jpeg.8dfdc25f8cd2a5e162e539f1a1f05148.jpeg

Doing some prep work for a week Monday. 😁

1FEEAC02-8DDC-415F-978D-B3002250749C.thumb.jpeg.f9b0383f076755cb709342f0386511cf.jpeg

Congratulations Owen!!!!!

Have a great cruise,  Andrew!  Four more days!!  Whoot whoot!

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen had football practice all week, with his first game tomorrow late afternoon.  Tomorrow night he has a rep hockey tryout game. He made the first round of cuts. 

0BF44270-1201-4F42-A788-FEA8D23846BD.thumb.jpeg.6e752d33135922819a6b911d1c9aa8c9.jpeg

Lucy last night. 

BD5F2887-5246-4358-B0B9-6E493456970B.thumb.jpeg.a0cb47cbf0dbbb21f651fbcb6120785f.jpeg

Here are some of the items purchased from Costco today. I guess all could be used at football and hockey games, but the foot and hand warmers are my main pic. 

59F3ADFE-C266-4C4C-9B09-12C4EB6B348D.thumb.jpeg.8dfdc25f8cd2a5e162e539f1a1f05148.jpeg

Doing some prep work for a week Monday. 😁

1FEEAC02-8DDC-415F-978D-B3002250749C.thumb.jpeg.f9b0383f076755cb709342f0386511cf.jpeg

Hope you will be on for more than one cruise.  5 days is too short for traveling that far.

• Like 3

Today is our granddaughter Ava Jude's 17th Birthday.   She began her day by taking her Road Test this morning, and getting her License!!!!  Great Birthday present.

We were supposed to go to Ava's Field Hockey game this evening, but due to the rain this afternoon, I'm not expecting the game to still be scheduled for 5pm.  We knew that Ava is the Captain of her Field Hockey team, but we didn't realize that she is also the Captain of her LaCroix (sp?) team also.  I guess our daughter thought she'd told us already...🤔

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations Owen!!!!!

Have a great cruise,  Andrew!  Four more days!!  Whoot whoot!

A week Monday. Less than two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Hope you will be on for more than one cruise.  5 days is too short for traveling that far.

Just a five day sailing for our return to cruising. Fights were on credit so it isn’t terrible. With 2 sea days and 2 private island stops we got the drink package. 🍻

• Like 11

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father was one of 15.I only knew one sister and one brother .

My mother was one of 15 and the same there I only knew a sister and a brother.My mother and my father each lost siblings who died in concentration camps.I am an only child.I had red hair and my parents had brown hair as did their siblings who I knew.

So sorry Lenny.

We have been to Krakow Poland a few times and visited Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps which was a very sombre and moving experience.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A week Monday. Less than two weeks. 

Just a five day sailing for our return to cruising. Fights were on credit so it isn’t terrible. With 2 sea days and 2 private island stops we got the drink package. 🍻

We will be going on the Allure for a B3B on 10/1.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our granddaughter Ava Jude's 17th Birthday.   She began her day by taking her Road Test this morning, and getting her License!!!!  Great Birthday present.

We were supposed to go to Ava's Field Hockey game this evening, but due to the rain this afternoon, I'm not expecting the game to still be scheduled for 5pm.  We knew that Ava is the Captain of her Field Hockey team, but we didn't realize that she is also the Captain of her LaCroix (sp?) team also.  I guess our daughter thought she'd told us already...🤔

Happy 17th birthday Ava Jude.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

Screenshot_20211206_183417.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Much better view than the drenching downpours we are having.

Yikes, so sorry OB. We got some rain at Nachi Cocum for about 10 minutes and we happened to be eating lunch under the pavilion so by the time we finished it was sunny and clear.

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Was that your first time?

Yes and we loved it. We might do Paradise next time just to say we did it but the vibe at Nachi was incredible so laid back.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don’t think I posted this here but I know many of you will appreciate it. This is a Kraken Painkiller in the Two70 Lounge to start yesterday’s happy hour. Incredible views from the Two70 Lounge. It has become one of our favorite places on the ship. Cheers!

9F3648FC-57AB-4A9D-8888-9ED167715D3C.thumb.jpeg.47e4a599461c76cfbdb206e82984b570.jpeg

That looks wonderful. I’m wY behind on your thread but I will be reading it it in its entirety when I get back . Be prepared for lots of responses from me.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We refused to wear them as well.  The surf board, now I could hold it for a minute or two.😉

Yes I didn’t want to be known as “that” tourist !

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes and we loved it. We might do Paradise next time just to say we did it but the vibe at Nachi was incredible so laid back.

Thanks, just wondered. We enjoy occasionally but have lots of favorites and like to ring the changes. 

It isn’t our favorite for a cruise ship day, where we are already eating and drinking too much, but like to go occasionally on a land based vacation!

You will find a big difference at Paradise Beach, which we would only do with grandchildren although facilities there are very clean but too busy and loungers too crowded for us They are really pushing the AI now and it would be expensive for a family, with water toys. I am glad we are passed that in the main!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday to Ava. Congratulations to her on getting her license and being Captain of two sporting teams. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No Wawa around me either but I do enjoy stopping at them.  Sandwiches are good, maybe slightly above average as far a convenience store sandwiches go. But I really enjoy ordering them from the kiosk. Between types of bread, size of bread, to toast or not to toast the bread, toppings, etc, there was an endless amount of ways to customize a sandwich. I think I enjoyed the ordering process more than the actual sandwhich.

Speaking of sandwiches, is Quizno's still in business? I haven't seen one in ages. Used to like them as well.

I believe they are but I have never been to one.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

So sorry Lenny.

We have been to Krakow Poland a few times and visited Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps which was a very sombre and moving experience.

Graham.

The husband of one of my cousins is a Psychiatrist who was going to Poland to speak at a conference .My cousin Linda went with him because she wanted to go to the village that her father and my mother grew up in to try and find out if we had any family still alive.This was in 1990.She and I were talking by phone every night for many weeks to put all of our memories of what our parents told us of their siblings.She brought childhood pictures of our parents but could not find anyone who ever knew the family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

You will find a big difference at Paradise Beach, which we would only do with grandchildren although facilities there are very clean but too busy and loungers too crowded for us They are really pushing the AI now and it would be expensive for a family, with water toys. I am glad we are passed that in the main!

We have been to Paradise Beach quite a few times. We loved it and never moved on to try any of the others, mainly because they were the only one that had a pay-as-you-go option instead of A.I., which is better for us. It has never been crowded when we've been there, but I'm sure that depends on how many ships are in port. The food is really good at Paradise. 

IMG_9129.thumb.jpg.0bbf1812fcff079984d16fe673ccaf8b.jpg

IMG_9132.thumb.jpg.2338b8ccd93196780aef1ecef5e841f9.jpg

IMG_9138.thumb.jpg.c625bb89cfa7fbf32c9d84551c62138a.jpg

IMG_9139.thumb.jpg.690c111696d2046aa8bb6a8c91070165.jpg

• Like 14