Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well against my better judgment I pulled the trigger again. Should I take it on Liberty next week for a live review????? 

4182B5D0-B378-4E90-9532-EFB589228A9C.thumb.jpeg.7bcb273eae08085a9f940dd04044f55a.jpeg

I'm sure everyone including myself would enjoy  that Greg but it is yours and Linda's cruise and you deserve to have your own time to enjoy your cruise together.

Maybe post a few food photos etc on here like I do which would be awesome.

Wishing you an amazing cruise.

Graham.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They said they thought it was the pump in the dishwasher and messed around for a couple of hours.  Last I heard them say was they were going to leave so he could cook and come back later.

I was surprised they didn't give him someone to help him clean the galley so he had time to prepare.  I think they will make this work once he actually has time to cook.

The captain seemed annoyed with how dinner went but I don't know what he was expecting bringing on a chef just several hours before the charter started.

The new steward seems to be pretty on the ball. She seems to have more of the attitude of a chief stu. We will see how she fits in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The captain seemed annoyed with how dinner went but I don't know what he was expecting bringing on a chef just several hours before the charter started.

The new steward seems to be pretty on the ball. She seems to have more of the attitude of a chief stu. We will see how she fits in.

I agree, the captain didn’t look happy at all. It is hard to tell how bad the timing was because of editing but it did seem like there was a lot of time between courses. Food looks good though. 

New stew knows her stuff but looks like she and Tumi might clash. 

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well against my better judgment I pulled the trigger again. Should I take it on Liberty next week for a live review????? 

4182B5D0-B378-4E90-9532-EFB589228A9C.thumb.jpeg.7bcb273eae08085a9f940dd04044f55a.jpeg

Awaiting another great SeaDog review!🙂......or a mini version or some pictures?

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We went for our daily walk today and saw this beautiful hawk (?). Does anyone know what kind it is? He may just be passing through our area. He was enjoying an early dinner.

20221004_163216.jpg

20221004_163211.jpg

20221004_163123.jpg

20221004_163122.jpg

Kind of hard to tell but my guesses would be 1. Coopers Hawk, 2 Red Shouldered Hawk.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sure everyone including myself would enjoy  that Greg but it is yours and Linda's cruise and you deserve to have your own time to enjoy your cruise together.

Maybe post a few food photos etc on here like I do which would be awesome.

Wishing you an amazing cruise.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. I think I am going to do it. Working on a hype video now. It will not be as in depth as the as if but I hope I can make it interesting.

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Absolutely. Get a leash. 😉

Ant recommendations on the best way to teather it? I am getting a heavy duty magnet mount.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Awaiting another great SeaDog review!🙂......or a mini version or some pictures?

I will probably post as much as I can. I am taking the new Go Pro but will probably have to wait till I get back to post the videos since I will shooting in 4K.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No need to feel anything remotely close to guilt. It's always uplifting to read posts like this. Have a great time & can't wait to hear stories when you get back in, what, 3 or 4 weeks?

Hopefully you can check in here from time to time.

Thank you!  I'm gone for a total of 50 days.🤯

• Like 5

Finally caught up.  Flight to Venice was uneventful, which is the best kind.

Only bad part is that I can't sleep on a plane, so I was up for about 26 hours, before I went to bed, (not counting the 9 hour time change).  Slept great last night and was up this morning to start some sight seeing.

I walked to St. Marks Square (little over a mile) and only got lost twice.   What a beautiful city to get lost in!

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Only bad part is that I can't sleep on a plane, so I was up for about 26 hours, before I went to bed, (not counting the 9 hour time change).  Slept great last night and was up this morning to start some sight seeing.

I walked to St. Marks Square (little over a mile) and only got lost twice.   What a beautiful city to get lost in!

Venice is magical! I hope to return someday.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Enjoy every moment!! 

There is a very nice series of books (Commissario Brunetti) located in Venice by Donna Leon. It was magical wandering the streets and recognize some of the places mentioned in her books.

The first in the series was about a murder at the Venice Opera (La Fenice), which was the incentive to see the Barber of Seville there in February next year...

Alas, DH would prefer to cut the performance in half....😉

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Fenice-Commissario-Brunetti-Mystery-ebook/dp/B007SIV41G/ref=sr_1_2?crid=16STOFL24GLU7&keywords=donna+leon&qid=1664981200&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjUzIiwicXNhIjoiNS4yMCIsInFzcCI6IjUuMDkifQ%3D%3D&s=books&sprefix=Dona+Leon%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C197&sr=1-2

15 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Venice is magical! I hope to return someday.

100% agree.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Why not take it! Maybe add thoughts on the camera too.

We are getting on the Allure the 15th.  I was reading this week's live of Allure and it was mentioned that a RC IT said that they expected Starlink to be working on the Allure in two weeks.  I hope it happens.   I am trying not to get my hopes up.  It might be like the movie Money Pit.   When will it be done.  Oh, 2 weeks.  😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo

Jim, any new pics of your "emerging" kitchen?

Nothing really new, working on rough electric and rough plumbing now. Lot's of electric to eliminate  since we are taking down 2 walls, 3 pendant lights and a ceiling fan and another light that was over our kitchen table........also moving 2 can lights to different locations and adding 2 pendant lights over the new Island. Running 220 electric to the new Microwave/Oven to it's new location.

Gas(Propane )tank for the Gas(Propane) Range/Oven is being delivered on Oct. 12th, new gas(propane)lines will be installed to Range location on the 14th.

Then after all that they will have some drywall work to do, ceiling above old pantry, plus relocating some of the light switches to new locations. Some drywall work behind where the new cabinets go.

Cabinets are Due in from 7 to 10 days from now. Should take about a week to install them.

After all that is done brick guy will come in do fire place, wall above cabinets and the brick work on the floor.........not sure if this will be done before they paint the whole area or after. They are painting the entire areas of both rooms, Old Kitchen area and what was our Living room, will be one open floor plan concept room when completed.

My Wife just wishes they would work faster............I keep telling her though, they still are working on other places to you know. Might be taking a little advantage on us because of our second kitchen we are using in the basement.........know we will still be okay without the upstairs kitchen not completed yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you!  I'm gone for a total of 50 days.🤯

That is so awesome.  I think the longest trip  from home I've ever taken as an adult was 21 days & that didn't feel like it was long enough.

• Like 5

We were checking to see if we can fit all the suitcases in the Highlander.   Our cruise friends sold there large van.  While checking we found the clothes I have been missing for the last few weeks.  😆 I didn't fully unpack from the Hilton Head trip.  🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

@Sea Dog Greg,  are you doing the UDP on the next cruise?  🤔 I was thinking I will gain a bit on this upcoming cruise with the UDP.  On the Alaska cruise I lost 10 to 12 lbs and kept it off. All the activities of Alaska and then a lot less milkshakes helped.  I weighted yesterday and was another 3 pound less.  178lbs now.  I still have that belly.  I guess I will need to eat small portions..... 😆 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That is so awesome.  I think the longest trip  from home I've ever taken as an adult was 21 days & that didn't feel like it was long enough.

When I was working a few times I  saved up my time off and would take 3 week vacations. So much better than a week off.  But like you, once it's over it seems like it went quick.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I thoroughly enjoyed your most recent live review so much that I went back to re-read it.  You take fantastic pictures and the "right amount", unlike one of your competitors. 😉

As others said,  a live review would be welcome but if you want to kick back, relax and stay in the moment, that is perfectly fine as well.

Liberty is a sentimental favorite of mine as she was my first ever cruise, back when the ship was brand-spanking new and at the time, the largest in the world for a few months until Oasis came along. She was also my last, most recent cruise a few of years ago (pre-pandemic) and  - to bring this full circle - also my 25th wedding anniversary cruise, which I think I read somewhere that you'll be celebrating.

From what I've read, Liberty is beginning to show her age and some wear-and-tear.  As you give a fair and balanced review - pointing out negatives along with the positives - I'd be interested to read your thoughts, especially coming so soon after Symphony. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I was working a few times I  saved up my time off and would take 3 week vacations. So much better than a week off.  But like you, once it's over it seems like it went quick.

It usually takes me a few days to get into the "vacation frame of mind". So a one week vacation would really be like a long, 4 day weekend for me. So I just gradually started taking longer vacations 10 days, then 12, etc, even if the first few days were just at home preparing for the trip.

Not sure how I managed to pull off 21 days but I remember at the beginning that it seemed like it would last forever,  then the last 2 weeks flew by real quick.

• Like 3