Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Really busy weekend here but the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Our oldest DD is up from PA by herself. She has work meetings in RI all week, her employer’s corporate office is here. All three DD’s ran a half marathon this morning in Newport. As we were crossing the Newport Bridge on our way to cheer them on near the finish line, I spotted this in Newport Harbor. I think it’s Princess ship? Also a picture of my girls (and youngest GDD).  F6D0E6CA-0D64-410D-B167-25D40514A8F7.thumb.jpeg.595c54aa144adfab8321352e951cc224.jpeg

F4DF7BA3-99DC-4D2E-B34B-BAFAF9775F24.thumb.jpeg.b3426f7dea99f0f4a234fa5344f6ac51.jpeg

And here’s one for @Ocean Boy, the little lighthouse off the Jamestown Bridge. 
ED8A7F83-633B-413A-A1D8-52887C296DBA.thumb.jpeg.3b805d55266313c6d75d7bd25d1b3b4a.jpeg

The Plum Island lighthouse. That is the version of RI number plates that I have on my car.

• Like 2

Update on our Sunday project. 

Garden beds:

Wood cut to precise pieces using ruler and circular saw——-no boo boos

Corner support blocks cut with hand held battery operated chain saw—— no boo boos

(Big guns)

Wood and all needed supplies carried out to garden. Lovely spouse (me) assisted - no boo boos

Hammering begun. ***k. Screws to long. 
Yup

Off to Lowes. 

Lunch 

Round 2 

Got screws.   Proper size. Got portable drill. **it. Should have charged it.  “ I did not think I needed it “. 

Cleaned up man cave. 

Drill charged. 
Screws screwed like they are supposed to. 

Job complete. 

Yup. No boo boos. 

Clean up time. 
Bring power tools back to basement. Safe place. 

Finished watching Dolphins lose😜

Shower time. 

Wonder what his potent potable will be?

Canadian Club. 7-up and Marciano cherries. 

Before and after pictures. 

D2785DD6-E91D-455F-BEDA-D5819A2F1ADB.thumb.jpeg.a765f7362118910fff496139d902ba87.jpeg

A99E06CC-C154-4AF1-88B5-044D09831F16.thumb.jpeg.3de2a83e7b53bec3ff2ed950574a925f.jpeg

At least first aid supplies well stocked. 

Next project putting new work bench together in man cave.  It came with directions. Hope they are used. 

E02DCEA3-6726-441C-ACDA-85D2BE1CE790.thumb.jpeg.792b63a5566d3cb345dc25792e20a142.jpeg

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love stuffed peppers

I really didn't realize how much I liked them.  This is my first batch.  I made up the recipe.  I 1st sauteed some onions and garlic and chopped up real good.  I fried up some hamburger with my homemade brisket seasoning.   Stirred it all together with some roasted tomatoes.   My DD is highly allergic to rice so I substituted couscous.  Also mixed in some sharp cheddar.

I have also fallen in love with jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon this year.  They say peppers are high in vitamin C and other vitamins.   And we all know how good bacon is for you. 😆 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Update on our Sunday project. 

Garden beds:

Wood cut to precise pieces using ruler and circular saw——-no boo boos

Corner support blocks cut with hand held battery operated chain saw—— no boo boos

(Big guns)

Wood and all needed supplies carried out to garden. Lovely spouse (me) assisted - no boo boos

Hammering begun. ***k. Screws to long. 
Yup

Off to Lowes. 

Lunch 

Round 2 

Got screws.   Proper size. Got portable drill. **it. Should have charged it.  “ I did not think I needed it “. 

Cleaned up man cave. 

Drill charged. 
Screws screwed like they are supposed to. 

Job complete. 

Yup. No boo boos. 

Clean up time. 
Bring power tools back to basement. Safe place. 

Finished watching Dolphins lose😜

Shower time. 

Wonder what his potent potable will be?

Canadian Club. 7-up and Marciano cherries. 

Before and after pictures. 

D2785DD6-E91D-455F-BEDA-D5819A2F1ADB.thumb.jpeg.a765f7362118910fff496139d902ba87.jpeg

A99E06CC-C154-4AF1-88B5-044D09831F16.thumb.jpeg.3de2a83e7b53bec3ff2ed950574a925f.jpeg

At least first aid supplies well stocked. 

Next project putting new work bench together in man cave.  It came with directions. Hope they are used. 

E02DCEA3-6726-441C-ACDA-85D2BE1CE790.thumb.jpeg.792b63a5566d3cb345dc25792e20a142.jpeg

Nice job with the raised beds!  Do you have plans yet for what you will grow in them?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Nice job with the raised beds!  Do you have plans yet for what you will grow in them?

The one on left tomatoes and peppers 

Middle green beans and something yet to be determined. 

Right. Zucchini and cucumbers. 

Once top soil is delivered. Our fence will go back up. 
Behind everything will be sunflowers. 

In front will be flower annuals planted. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Really busy weekend here but the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Our oldest DD is up from PA by herself. She has work meetings in RI all week, her employer’s corporate office is here. All three DD’s ran a half marathon this morning in Newport. As we were crossing the Newport Bridge on our way to cheer them on near the finish line, I spotted this in Newport Harbor. I think it’s Princess ship? Also a picture of my girls (and youngest GDD).  F6D0E6CA-0D64-410D-B167-25D40514A8F7.thumb.jpeg.595c54aa144adfab8321352e951cc224.jpeg

F4DF7BA3-99DC-4D2E-B34B-BAFAF9775F24.thumb.jpeg.b3426f7dea99f0f4a234fa5344f6ac51.jpeg

And here’s one for @Ocean Boy, the little lighthouse off the Jamestown Bridge. 
ED8A7F83-633B-413A-A1D8-52887C296DBA.thumb.jpeg.3b805d55266313c6d75d7bd25d1b3b4a.jpeg

Lovely photo of your 3 girls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

After my flu jab and new Moderna booster vaccine on Thursday afternoon I developed a headache for several hours on Friday and slept for 12 hours.

We had a quiet day on Saturday.

We had a nice church service this morning.

We were first in so I took this photo from where we regularly sit.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20221009_120020.jpg

Lovely church, thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

The one on left tomatoes and peppers 

Middle green beans and something yet to be determined. 

Right. Zucchini and cucumbers. 

Once top soil is delivered. Our fence will go back up. 
Behind everything will be sunflowers. 

In front will be flower annuals planted. 

That sounds like a good plan.  Good variety.   My brother that lives up in Ohio is putting the finishing touches on a greenhouse he is building.  He said it was 88⁰ inside it today.  Good luck with the garden.  Let's hope we all have a better growing season next year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Regarding wearing a scarf, I also don't like covering my nose even when it's bitter cold outside.  Except when I'm skiing & it's cloudy, windy and single digit temperatures. Or if I'm clearing the driveway during a blizzard .

But I haven't skied in 10 years and now I wait until the snow has stopped falling before snowplowing/shoveling so, yeah, I never cover my nose. 🙂

I never cover my nose.I have not engaged in winter sports since 1975 and have not shoveled snow or cleared a driveway of snow since 1990.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Braves took the season series 11-8 but only scored a total of 3 more runs over the 19 games.

This might be a move evenly matched series than their records indicate with a few games going either way based on a lucky bounce of the ball.

The Phillies have more power in their bats but the Braves have pitching and defense.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think I posted this before but I always thought the wild-card rounds (or 1st rounds) of any sport are the most exciting based on their unpredictability and the occasional upset. 

Having said that, a 3 game series is a little too short. One lucky win and a team is a halfway to a sweep while the other is facing elimination. Should be at least a 5 game series and go back to a 154 game regular season so the playoffs don't stretch into November.

Hoping your last prediction comes true,🙂

I agree with the best of 5 but I prefer the 162 game schedule.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

Honolulu to Sydney? Enjoy! 😃

Yes for 19 days and then Sydney to NZ back to Sydney for 11 days.

10 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hope you have a fun and safe adventure!  Pics please. 

Thanks. Definitely going to post some pictures.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

It’s Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I have a turkey in the oven, and everything is ready to go in the oven once the turkey is out. 

I am very thankful to be comfortably situated. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Enjoy and all our Canadian friends also enjoy.

• Like 4