Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Eric's Mother passed away around 10 am.  

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I'm not sure how I feel about yet.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. May she find the peace she was always looking for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Your intrepid reporter Tree_skier, checking in from the site of the great Manua Loa eruption. Sadly the closest I can get to the actual eruption is still a fair distance away. 

98F12FE6-F24E-4BBE-B9EE-CD68A91E32BD.thumb.jpeg.778d1dec5f0e97d2515c92262e50b8ef.jpeg

if you look really really close you can see the flames from the lava. If I had a proper camera with a proper zoom. Unfortunately this is the best my IPhone could do. 

Reporting from the scene for KCCZ news this is Tree_skier signing off. Updates at 11 tonight. 

That is very cool, Dave! I love volcanoes and how impressive they are. You are seeing an event that hasn't occurred since 1984. ☺️ We flew over the 'dormant' crater last time we were in Hawaii on a helicopter excursion. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I’m so sorry for your loss even though there have been difficulties in your relationship.  It can be very hard to lose someone that you had a tremulous relationship with.  Believe me, I’ve been dealing with that myself.  From everything I have known about you, Eric is extremely fortunate to have you by his side.  You have always been extremely nice to me.  I’ll give you all the support that I can in your difficult time as your loving husband deserves it.  👼

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry. I am sure it is very sad for Eric. And I will put in another endorsement for the Neptune Society. The ashes can wait for distribution when you have more time to think about it. Eric should get some stuff done before you leave, but then take the cruise, and just relax. It will help to get away. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry. I am sure it is very sad for Eric. And I will put in another endorsement for the Neptune Society. The ashes can wait for distribution when you have more time to think about it. Eric should get some stuff done before you leave, but then take the cruise, and just relax. It will help to get away. 

The Neptune society has been a great help with both my parents.  I can’t give them enough credit for a very low key involvement at a particular time of need.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I agree.  P,a what you can. But Eric should cruise with you and relax with you.  I’m sure his mother would appreciate him being able to grieve with the one that means the most to him.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am so very sorry.  I pray for Eric, you and family to be comforted at this difficult time.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Your intrepid reporter Tree_skier, checking in from the site of the great Manua Loa eruption. Sadly the closest I can get to the actual eruption is still a fair distance away. 

98F12FE6-F24E-4BBE-B9EE-CD68A91E32BD.thumb.jpeg.778d1dec5f0e97d2515c92262e50b8ef.jpeg

if you look really really close you can see the flames from the lava. If I had a proper camera with a proper zoom. Unfortunately this is the best my IPhone could do. 

Reporting from the scene for KCCZ news this is Tree_skier signing off. Updates at 11 tonight. 

Yeah, what I figured you could see.  On the upside, you are seeing flames from the volcano.  Either that or a peaceful 2020 riot.  Although at over 10,000 feet elevation, that seems unlikely!😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, what I figured you could see.  On the upside, you are seeing flames from the volcano.  Either that or a peaceful 2020 riot.  Although at over 10,000 feet elevation, that seems unlikely!😂🤣

Of course those are peaceful riots in the distance.  Can’t blame any of the lava for destruction since it’s all peaceful riots.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Eric's mother. My thoughts will be with you and the family. I think you both should cruise. Give yourself time to grieve and a cruise would give you some comfort. My mom and Linda's mom were both cremated and we didn't have a celebration of life ceremony till a couple of months after they died. Anything you do does not have to be right away. Take time for yourself and celebrate her life. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

The Neptune society has been a great help with both my parents.  I can’t give them enough credit for a very low key involvement at a particular time of need.  

Thanks Lucas. The Neptune Society was wonderful, and very low key and without upsells just like you said. Is mom gone, or still under hospice care? How are you and Oliver doing? Write to me if you want or feel like chatting. pbhunt at pacbell dot net. ☺️

When my dad passed in 1979, the funeral home convinced my mom to purchase a very expensive coffin for a 20 minute memorial service, even though he was being cremated. Having been in several crematoriums, since then. I am sure they just re-sold it. 🙁

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

And since we are on the subject. I have a question for Dani @dani negreanu in a lot of the photos of the cemeteries in Israel, there are window spaces cutout into the crypts. Is that to check on them?  I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I am just curious as to why there would be openings. ☺️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sorry for you and Eric.  I am thankful you have each other during such a sad time. 🙏 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sunshine3601 My condolences to you both.

Would Eric & his brother consider spreading her ashes at sea?

Thank you.

A couple years ago we spread his Father's ashes at a fishing village called Viking Village at LBI.

https://www.vikingvillage.net/  which is located near Barnegat Lighthouse where the bay meets the Atlantic oceans.

As his Father's roots are from Norway this was his request.   He used to take Eric and his Brother fishing on a regular basis so this was a perfect area to spread his ashes.

I suggested we take her ashes to same location.  I'm hoping there will be something in her home that will give us some insight.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I’m so sorry for your loss even though there have been difficulties in your relationship.  It can be very hard to lose someone that you had a tremulous relationship with.  Believe me, I’ve been dealing with that myself.  From everything I have known about you, Eric is extremely fortunate to have you by his side.  You have always been extremely nice to me.  I’ll give you all the support that I can in your difficult time as your loving husband deserves it.  👼

Thank you very much for your kindness ❤

I know your life has been turned upside in the past 2 years.  You have doing a great job in caring for your Mother.   

I hope that we all find peace and happiness in our futures.

A couple days at sea should help heal our souls.

How are you and Oliver?

I would love to see some Oliver photos!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

We are all going to meet at her house after work.  I plan on picking up some pizza.   

Donna is going to help me clean out fridge and any loose food items so we don't end up with rotting smelly food if we do go on cruise next week.  

Eric has been up and down all night.  I see he started a list of things to do and people to call.  I told him no rush with any of it but he wants to make sure she had utilities pd current since she was showing signs of forgetfulness. 

We are all thankful that she passed quickly and peaceful.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 11