Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So if I'm following this right, best beach bed in Breezy are the extreme other end away from the Coco Beach Club and best to be nearer to where the jet skis leave from?

South Beach's beach beds are behind the loungers, so that isn't good and Chill's Beach Bed's are to the extreme left of Chills beach......I don't like the looks of Chills because they have that rim of Rocks blocking the view out to sea and only have that little gap you can look through.

My last time at south beach I recall day beds being close to the water not behind loungers, maybe some are and I just didn't notice since I was in the water and swimming to the floating bar.

I agree I don't like location of beds at chill island.   

I'm sure wherever you end will be nice.  

Don't over analyze, just go and have fun😀

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, akcruz said:

One update to Bob's post above, as of last February, the floating bar was at South Beach.  Maybe someone who has been there recently can confirm current location.  

Yes, you are correct there is a floating bar at south beach.   But it's possible breezy bay has one too.  I'm not sure as I have never hung out at that beach.

Edited by Sunshine3601

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, you are correct there is a floating bar at south beach.   But it's possible breezy bay has one too.  I'm not sure as I have never hung out at that beach.

Surprised by now Royal hasn't figured out a way to move the floating bar around each day depending on which Beach is the most crowded. 😉

• Like 1

Good morning.

And it is obvious that if I am asking the same question that I asked months ago, then it is still happening.

So, every time I come to CC on my home computer, it makes me sign in.

I've gone into settings ( well the DH did) and it will not let me set like other sites.

On my I Phone, it remembers me and also on my I pad. (or whatever it is called).

My internet site is AOL (I said I was old)

Any ideas on how to just let it remember me like days gone by.......so not have to logg in .

TY

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me and the grands0B012303-5010-44B7-8ADD-0588C111A627.thumb.jpeg.6a2d13ea5984737f9f15fed6aa4e1356.jpeg

How beautiful, Marietta!  I love the photo opportunities when we remember to take them!😊

My great nephew graduated from Moore.

I don't know if you remember, but the year Moore started,  I was a Freshman at St. Louis Academy in '62

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning.

And it is obvious that if I am asking the same question that I asked months ago, then it is still happening.

So, every time I come to CC on my home computer, it makes me sign in.

I've gone into settings ( well the DH did) and it will not let me set like other sites.

On my I Phone, it remembers me and also on my I pad. (or whatever it is called).

My internet site is AOL (I said I was old)

Any ideas on how to just let it remember me like days gone by.......so not have to logg in .

TY

Try clicking the star and put it in your favorites and always go to cruise critic through this thread....If that doesn't work trying turning(rebooting your computer) off and then back on, sign into cruise critic, save it.

Edited by Jimbo

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@DaniDanielle Marielle wishing you a fabulous birthday.  May all your wishes come true.

Thanks, all, for your birthday wishes to my daughter.  36 today and shares birthday honors with Katie Couric.  When we lived in NY, we said we would go down to Rockefeller Center and hope to get on camera.  We never did.  

When our daughter lived at home, every birthday morning when she came down for breakfast, a gift bag and Winnie the Poo balloon was at her place at the table.  Gift bag contained favorite candy,, stuffed animals, silly gifts and always mutli colored toe socks and a Winnie the Poo calendar.  Call it tradition.  Of course, dinner out and a special birthday gift.  I miss those days.  Now she does the same for her kids.  I'm glad.

Bonnie:

You often talk about Rockland County.Last night one of my daughters and her husband went to an Engagement party in Rockland County.

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

Prices are per bed, not per person.

If you want to be "centrally located" then Breezy Bay is your best bet.  Breezy Bay is right across the street from the pool, right at the swim-up bar.  It also has a Snack Shack.  If you want the full buffet, then you cross the street and go over the bridge across the pool and the buffet is on the other side of the pool.

Chill Island will be the quietest area.  Depending on which of the three little cove/beaches you're at will depend on how close you are to the buffet and pool.  

South Beach is the most isolated.  They were playing music when I was there a month or so ago, so it's not quiet like Chill Island.  There is a Snack Shack at South Beach, and restrooms and volleyball, but there is no buffet there.  It's a significant walk (or a tram ride) to the pool or buffet areas from South Beach.  

And Coco Cay doesn't have the inflatable water park area at all anymore, as I recall.  

Hope that helps.

Thank you and @Sunshine3601Debbie, for the great Cocoa Cay advice.  I think Jack and I will gravitate to Chill Island.  We prefer to sit in the shade and I doubt one umbrella will do it.  Are there trees we can sit under?  I'm hoping bathrooms won't be too far.  I love Paradise Beach in Cozumel because of the many palm trees that provide natural shade without having to move every time the sun shifts.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Am I the only one who still has a kitchen phone attached to a wall ?

Nope. Ours is actually the base unit for the 3 cordless handsets that are throughout the house. 1 in the office, 1 in the family room and 1 on the headboard in the bedroom.

@aussielozzie18

Your beautiful pictures yesterday reminded me of my fav video of our eldest son, which captured so well his love for animals and laid back character...

When he was still a flight attendant, he took the opportunity to visit one of his best friends, who initially had a grant to study at Monash University, and then choose to remain in Melbourne.

• Like 25

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bills win.  Phew.  Nothing easy this year.  Great to see the outpouring of support for Damar Hamlin across the league.

They did their part for the Steeler’s chances for a playoff spot.  Too bad the Jets didn’t hold up their end on the deal and beat the Dolphins.   What an ugly game that was.

At least the Steelers finished strong.

16 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations to Chiefs and Jaguars whose hero was Josh Allen , hopefully tomorrow another Josh Allen will lead his team to a victory 😁😁

I was so nervous watching the Jags game last night I finally went into another room, muted the tv and read while I watched it. Our offense was not firing on all cylinders, but our defense stepped up and won the fame. 
And yay Josh Allen reacting so quickly to that fumble!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Nope. Ours is actually the base unit for the 3 cordless handsets that are throughout the house. 1 in the office, 1 in the family room and 1 on the headboard in the bedroom.

Our base unit is in the office. Then we have 3 units in the kitchen, living room and our bedroom. I have the ringer turned off in the bedroom, which works great for me. 
Not so much if Dick goes to Publix while I’m napping. He gets testy if he has to make a second call, to my cell. 
I asked him once why he doesn’t call the cell first. 
His reply was he shouldn’t have to!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bills win.  Phew.  Nothing easy this year.  Great to see the outpouring of support for Damar Hamlin across the league.

I watched the game and Josh played incredible especially with Diggs. That guy is amazing. I really think the emotion they are riding on will not only carry them into the super bowl but win it too. And I am saying this as a Chiefs fan.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I watched the game and Josh played incredible especially with Diggs. That guy is amazing. I really think the emotion they are riding on will not only carry them into the super bowl but win it too. And I am saying this as a Chiefs fan.

I just finished watching since wife had a appointment, scary for a while but great game , loved the two kickoff returns 😁😁😁😁.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you and @Sunshine3601Debbie, for the great Cocoa Cay advice.  I think Jack and I will gravitate to Chill Island.  We prefer to sit in the shade and I doubt one umbrella will do it.  Are there trees we can sit under?  I'm hoping bathrooms won't be too far.  I love Paradise Beach in Cozumel because of the many palm trees that provide natural shade without having to move every time the sun shifts.

Yes, there are plenty of shady areas with loungers to relax at chill island.   Usually the loungers closer to the water have the most sun.

Yes, the shopping huts are right across from chill island and there is a building with bathrooms in that area.   And a cute little shaded Bar, I think called the sea gull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I was in Sacred Heart when they opened!  I remember what a big deal it was for a new high school for girls to be coming.  Alas, I chose St. Peter’s as all my cousins went there.  Now Moore is big time and St. Peter’s Girls has closed.

I went to St. Louis since my Aunt and older sister went there.  It was quite a trip every day, since I lived in Tompkinsville and traveled from one end of the Island to the other, but I loved SLA!  Sadly, they closed around 1970.  I'm sure you remember St. Peter's basketball coach, Joan Gumb?  My oldest daughter, and Joan's niece, were roommates in College.