Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

For 2 days because of the cough making my already sore throat feel like I had razor blades in it all I could eat was yogurt and ice cream. I could not tolerate anything warm or with texture  until today. This wasn"t how I planned to loose my cruise weight. 

So  did you test for Covid or was this just a bug you picked up on the ship?

Your sore throat sounds really bad. 😞

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

didn't venture on that long walk to Costa Maya for fear of not getting seats on the tram when we would be ready to return to the ship.

When we got off a couple weeks ago at Costa Maya they were not running the tram.  It was a long walk.  When we got back they had the tram running to take people back to the boat.  The tram was parked on the edge of the pier.  As I was getting in I lost my balance and fell to the other side.  I was so thankful they had safety rope on the other side.  I fell on the rope and it stopped me from falling out the other side!  If the rope was not there I probably would of been swimming.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, George C said:

I dislike outdoor suite area on oasis class , I like going in the pool and I think it’s too far from pool ,and I hate stairs, I didn’t have a problem finding chairs close to pool . Outdoor retreat on celebrity has totally spoiled us.

DW is totally the opposite. She never goes in the pool and prefers areas that aren't heavily populated. We haven't cruised enough in suites to know what spoils us or not yet.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When we got off a couple weeks ago at Costa Maya they were not running the tram.  It was a long walk.  When we got back they had the tram running to take people back to the boat.  The tram was parked on the edge of the pier.  As I was getting in I lost my balance and fell to the other side.  I was so thankful they had safety rope on the other side.  I fell on the rope and it stopped me from falling out the other side!  If the rope was not there I probably would of been swimming.  

A few wobbly pops to many?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank, I am the one who won't have much patience much longer for this nonsense. 

It probably seems strange that I am telling a physician my remedies for an ailment,however,I have not had a cold in 5 years.A guy who I used to exercise with one day told me that he takes a teaspoon of something once a day and his wife twice a day that had resulted in both of them never getting colds.It is manufactured in Italy but the company has a Distributor in North Carolina and it is available at a store in LI.I bought a bottle ,3.4 ounces for $23.00.The product is Gaia Elderberry Syrup.

In 1972 my friend Rosanna who I have known since she arrived from Italy with her family at age 16 told me that she had a remedy for a cold that I tried and as a result I had very few colds .Her remedy is juice from a lemon ,1/2 cup warm water,3 tablespoons of honey,a pinch of salt and drink very quickly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

A few wobbly pops to many?

😂 Actually none.  For the last 6 months my legs have been weakening and messing up my balance.  I have had a few falls.  Bad enough Sharon and the girls decided I am riding a scooter while at Disney this week. I was hesitant but am thankful now that I really did not have much say in it. When Kenzie joins us maybe she can drive.  😂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great story but made me tear up.

This game makes me extremely nervous. I am just grateful that the Chief’s made it this far after all the pundits counted them out at the beginning of the year. Mahomes winning the MVP really makes me happy. I hope it’s a good game. I think it will be close. If the Chiefs win it will because the Chiefs offensive line protected Patrick good and I think someone that you don’t normally expect on the Chiefs team to have a incredible play. 

I'm rooting for the Eagles since one of my friends is a huge Eagles fan.  They are actually favored and I think they'll win.  The Eagles offense can score almost as often as the Chiefs...third in yards and second in points scored (Chiefs first in both).  The Eagles defense however is much better than the Chiefs.  Eagles have the second best defense vs. 11th for the Chiefs.  Eagles have 4 guys with 11+ sacks, a record.  Chiefs just have Chris Jones who is very good, but the Eagle offensive line is one of the best (maybe the best) in the league so they'll definitely have a plan for Jones. 

I think it will come down to whether the Eagles can pressure Mahomes into a mistake.  And whether the Eagles can contain Travis Kelce.  Mahomes, as always, is the X factor.  He can come up with some crazy good plays at key times, like the final 13 seconds of the game (not that I'm bitter or anything).  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm rooting for the Eagles since one of my friends is a huge Eagles fan.  They are actually favored and I think they'll win.  The Eagles offense can score almost as often as the Chiefs...third in yards and second in points scored (Chiefs first in both).  The Eagles defense however is much better than the Chiefs.  Eagles have the second best defense vs. 11th for the Chiefs.  Eagles have 4 guys with 11+ sacks, a record.  Chiefs just have Chris Jones who is very good, but the Eagle offensive line is one of the best (maybe the best) in the league so they'll definitely have a plan for Jones. 

I think it will come down to whether the Eagles can pressure Mahomes into a mistake.  And whether the Eagles can contain Travis Kelce.  Mahomes, as always, is the X factor.  He can come up with some crazy good plays at key times, like the final 13 seconds of the game (not that I'm bitter or anything).  

Last time Eagles played Kansas City the Eagles D-backs held Travis Kelce to 4 catches for 26 yards. Hopefully they can contain him again with double teaming him like I think they will.

My worry is more with one  of  their unknown Wideouts have a career game.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sorry, did not see the post where you said you tested Positive for Covid.

I would not say I had it if I didn't know I had it and there is only one way to get that info. No matter, I have a VERY annoying viral infection. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you feel better every day😃     Drink lots of water!!!!

Amazing how you have avoided it up until now.    My Dr was impressed that I avoided it up until Oct. 2022, even with going on cruises 2021/2022.    Got mine from the office.    

I originally planned to get my 2nd booster in October 2022 but then I got it and was told to wait 90-days. End of January I was eligible to get my 2nd booster, I'm still on fence on whether or not I should get it. 

I think Eric should get one before our March cruise.    Just don't know anymore.   

Susan is still a Covid virgin.  She never got it, and we were on five cruises in 2021 and 2022 during the height of it.  

I never got it until after our flight to California last summer to pick up our grandson.  I was surprised she didn’t get it then, nor did anyone else.  

It was just like a cold when I had it.  We only had one booster, and probably will not get another.  Maybe if we had health concerns we would.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My Mom lives near Hampton Falls, not sure who has a Bedford connection. 🙂   

I actually took my Mom out for fried clams this week at Warrens in Kittery, right on the river.  We drove down the coast on the way back so she could check out the surf.  I hadn't driven by Rye beach in a long time.  They had really built up the sand/rock berm to hold back the ocean as you could see how it had flooded over.  Holds back the flooding but kills the view as you are driving by.

How is your Mom these days??  Hopefully, all good..

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 Actually none.  For the last 6 months my legs have been weakening and messing up my balance.  I have had a few falls.  Bad enough Sharon and the girls decided I am riding a scooter while at Disney this week. I was hesitant but am thankful now that I really did not have much say in it. When Kenzie joins us maybe she can drive.  😂 

I'm sorry to hear about your balance issues, John.  It's not fun.  My daughter won't let me ride a bicycle.  I told her I'd like to get an adult tricycle, so I can look like a crazy lady riding down the street😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We were out for a walk at the lake today.  Seeing a lot more eagles lately, but it is mating season, so they are more active. 

Sorry, no pictures of mating, but I did find this pair in one tree. 

80BDB45C-CABE-4473-B0A7-F2CDF19148ED.thumb.jpeg.d983ba71a6944be1bcc1a830903134c5.jpeg

A little closer video of the male.  

They are something to see, flying in tandem. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How is your Mom these days??  Hopefully, all good..

She is hanging in there, thanks for asking. 🙂 Still have to go to NH to take her shopping or to appointments every week.  She gets overwhelmed when we try to get her to consider moving.  It would be easier for all if she was back in MA, but I don't see it happening.  It will likely be a fall or some other crisis that gets her to move.  At least my sister is going more frequently, not weekly, but not bi-annually anymore. 😄  My other siblings are flying in every other month or so, which is a big plus too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sorry to hear about your balance issues, John.  It's not fun.  My daughter won't let me ride a bicycle.  I told her I'd like to get an adult tricycle, so I can look like a crazy lady riding down the street😁

Thanks.  I have a great and thoughtful wife which helps a lot.  Staying away from bikes is probably a wise thing.  My first big fall was when I wrecked the bike in Hilton Head this last summer.  My worse fall so far was a couple weeks before Christmas when I was playing with Caden.  I tripped over him and landed on my right eye without breaking my fall.  Caden felt really bad.  I cheered him up when I walked into the room where he was and showed him the football and said, I got it.  He started laughing. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I came home with it from my Odyssey cruise. It has knocked me on my a$$. I made it through 3 yrs of pandemic, working with sick people, and 2 cruises since re-opening. The third cruise did me in. 😏

I’m sorry to read this OB.

I came to the conclusion that it would eventually catch up to me, and sure enough it did. My first time was a huge kick, with a lot of malaise, to a level I had never felt before.  A dry throat and 7 days of feeling like garbage. The last time for me was a slight cold.

I hope you can escape a round 2, and that the current infection lessens it’s grasp on you. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m sorry to read this OB.

I came to the conclusion that it would eventually catch up to me, and sure enough it did. My first time was a huge kick, with a lot of malaise, to a level I had never felt before.  A dry throat and 7 days of feeling like garbage. The last time for me was a slight cold.

I hope you can escape a round 2, and that the current infection lessens it’s grasp on you. 

Thanks. The past few hours have been a big turn around. Earlier I thought I would be in bed before the game started tonight but I'm feeling wide awake. Last night I think I was in bed at 7:30. I can also talk without my throat hurting and my voice is becoming recognizable.

All in all I am pretty satisfied with the response of my immune system to the issue. 

• Like 12