Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have checked in for our June cruise.  I even have the app! which shows the boarding passes.  I plan to do the health thing on my phone and the muster thing too.  How do I get luggage tags?  I would rather already have them on the bags instead of trying to do them at the port.  

For luggage tags sign in on line.  Go to view my documents.  The luggage tags should be on the last page.  This according to my assumption. TA....Sharon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Tree_skier Owen's rugby team remains undefeated and just has a couple games left in the season.  

Last game Owen had a 50 yard kick.  The following was his discussion with his coach.

Coach - How did you do that?

Owen with a straight face - I don't skip leg day.

50, that's impressive!  I know he is a multi-sport athlete but if he sticks it out with rugby it sounds like he has a pretty bright future.  I know both UBC and UVic offer great scholarship opportunities but that is a long way from Ont. Both clubs field teams in BC Senior Mens Premier league which has been know as a pathway to National team honors.  I don't know anything about Uni rugby in Ontario.  I'm sure there are good programs there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

50, that's impressive!  I know he is a multi-sport athlete but if he sticks it out with rugby it sounds like he has a pretty bright future.  I know both UBC and UVic offer great scholarship opportunities but that is a long way from Ont. Both clubs field teams in BC Senior Mens Premier league which has been know as a pathway to National team honors.  I don't know anything about Uni rugby in Ontario.  I'm sure there are good programs there too.

Many colleges in the US have rugby teams.The son of one of my friends played for a college in PA.I know that Cal-Berkeley has a team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hello from Florida!

We are in our new home and settling down. There are a million and one things to do, but we will get to them slowly.

Welcome to Florida  which side of the state are you on?  I'm in New Smyrna Beach

On 5/22/2023 at 4:22 PM, Jimbo said:

Does AAA charge for those paper routes, would be also nice to a have a paper guide on our  drive from NJ to Virginia in September after our cruise from Bayonne. How do you go about getting one of those Trip Tik's

Little surprised we both did it also, the drive to there was bad enough with steep inclines and  lots of curves in the road.

Once we got there we rested by the picnic tables for about 5 minutes and then went in the gift shop and said well we are here, lets just do it. $8.00 a person and we were on our way.

The tower  they say is about 100 ft, I think that was not counting the 12 steps or so up just to get ot the tower.

We only stopped once on the way up to rest for about 3 minutes and then went to the very top...........Seems a lot higher then the 112ft though when looking down and out.

It wasn't even that windy when we were there but at the top it was a little colder and the top swayed a little bit too, they say they is normal so it won't break. Hahaha......right.

We went down after spending about 5 minutes at the top.........that was enough for us. 🙂

If you are a AAA member, there’s no charge for the maps or the routing.  
I went to the beach office to get mine, and the girl (woman?) did the Triptik and handed me the maps. She did not highlight the route, which is something that has always been done before. 
I think I was disturbing her lazy afternoon. 
That office is on A1A in Ponte Vedra just north of 210. 
There’s one on Southside Blvd (SR 115) south of Beach Blvd (US 90). 
If you go to a local AAA office, you can ask for any maps, like if Jax, if you come for a taste of the city 😄

None are open on weekends. 
Iv you come to Southside Blvd, lunch at Terra Gaucha which is in the area, is wonderful. Brazilian Steak House. 

• Like 5

On 5/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching BD-SY?

My husband asked me if any of you guys have found anything to recommend. 
I passed on some of the shoes y’all have talked about and he enjoyed them. 
BD would not appeal. Survivor is as reality as he gets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

My husband asked me if any of you guys have found anything to recommend. 
I passed on some of the shoes y’all have talked about and he enjoyed them. 
BD would not appeal. Survivor is as reality as he gets. 

We've been watching Race To Survive: Alaska on USA network.  It's a reality show involving adventure racing through the wilds of Alaska with pairs of people as teams.  The last team to arrive for each leg of the race, or any team that doesn't finish within the allowed time, is eliminated.  If your husband isn't into reality shows, he may not like it, but the scenery is great and what these people put themselves through is impressive to watch.  They have no shelter other than what they carry on their backs and limited food, so they need to forage and fish.  We love the AK Boys...two really chill brothers from Alaska.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've been watching Race To Survive: Alaska on USA network.  It's a reality show involving adventure racing through the wilds of Alaska with pairs of people as teams.  The last team to arrive for each leg of the race, or any team that doesn't finish within the allowed time, is eliminated.  If your husband isn't into reality shows, he may not like it, but the scenery is great and what these people put themselves through is impressive to watch.  They have no shelter other than what they carry on their backs and limited food, so they need to forage and fish.  We love the AK Boys...two really chill brothers from Alaska.

We have been watching that show too.  We are a few episodes behind since we record it since it is on so late.  We also like the brothers from Alaska.  Not thrilled with the father/son team.  The father shows his son no respect at all.  The brother/sister team are our other favorite.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just saw Tina Turner passed away at the age of 83.  She was a great entertainer.

I was fortunate to see Tina Turner three times in concert .Not only was she a great singer of nearly every genre of music but also a great entertainer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Welcome to Florida  which side of the state are you on?  I'm in New Smyrna Beach

Home of Boston’s Fish House!

Haven't been there since COVID, but their Nee England seafood and even their Coke slaw was heavenly. 

• Like 3