Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I haven't heard her sing in many years but I do remember how clear and sweet her voice was.  No background music necessary.

Paul M. wrote "When I'm 64" when he was only 14 and recorded it in his 20s.  I remember hearing it played on my car radio on his 64th birthday.

This was recorded four years ago but it gives a good idea of what her voice is like these days.

https://youtu.be/D51wHBVYGEQ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Melanie was really pretty in her day and I did like her voice. She is 76 yo now. It is unfortunate that aging has not been kind to her.

Most of the older singers are really amazing, we heard Tony Bennett who had an amazing voice in late 80’s , we will see Boz Scaggs on a couple of weeks he is 79 . We see a local artist who been playing in Dallas for over 60 years and in his mid 80’s and still really good singer and piano player. One of my favorite acts on rock and romance cruise was B J Thomas who passed at 79, was in the elevator with him and he was so friendly he shook everyone’s hands then asked if anyone wanted a selfie with him . Herb Albert who is 88 and worth close to a billion dollars still plays dallas every year with his wife , he is still great.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Most of the older singers are really amazing, we heard Tony Bennett who had an amazing voice in late 80’s , we will see Boz Scaggs on a couple of weeks he is 79 . We see a local artist who been playing in Dallas for over 60 years and in his mid 80’s and still really good singer and piano player. One of my favorite acts on rock and romance cruise was B J Thomas who passed at 79, was in the elevator with him and he was so friendly he shook everyone’s hands then asked if anyone wanted a selfie with him . Herb Albert who is 88 and worth close to a billion dollars still plays dallas every year with his wife , he is still great.

One of my favorite BJ Thomas songs is Rock And Roll Lullaby.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of my favorite BJ Thomas songs is Rock And Roll Lullaby.

My dad who owned a taxi in NYC had him in his taxi after raindrops keep falling came out , he signed his album for us on our cruise so did America, Michael McDonald and many others . 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, George C said:

We also will be doing more rccl unless celebrity reduces suite price. The one cruise we will continue is our 70 music cruise. We get a nice discount on that for repeating on charter and they also give me a veteran’s discount. Next years lineup is fantastic 

Foreigner 

Randy Backman

Mellisa Manchester 

Don McClean 

Dave Mason

War ,    And many others

I always loved Melissa Manchester songs.  She's the "Sweet Melissa angel of my lifetime" mentioned in Barry Manilow's "Could It Be Magic" song.

• Like 2

Finally. 
We have a concrete driveway, to the man cave that connects to the front driveway. 
Finishing up tomorrow. 
Took forever, you name it the delays were there. 
Soon landscaping. 

Oh. Some frogs were immortalized in the concrete. I guess it’s better than finding the long time missing Jimmy Hoffa. 

IMG_0637.thumb.jpeg.cdf510af060c86205e08a0e06e4804be.jpeg

IMG_0633.thumb.jpeg.8a98795c2856e0066e9bcd41e7ad918c.jpeg

Be safe. 

• Like 18

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Black Rabbit looks like a wonderful place for a birthday dinner!  

As far as Portsmouth, I will have to ask my son where he met all his cousins and my siblings for drinks and dinner while my DH and I were away.  I know it wasn't a seafood place because my son doesn't eat seafood. 😄 I know there is a brewery in downtown Portsmouth that they went to but I am not sure if that is where they ate.  

I am in Massachusetts but I go up to New Hampshire every week to see my Mom.  I take her to Warren's Lobster House in Kittery a lot.  It is nothing fancy but it has really good fried clams and a gigantic salad bar.  Lots of old ladies there at lunch. 🙂 We also go to Robert's Maine Grill in Kittery.  Again, mostly seafood but they are known for their oysters and have an oyster menu that changes daily.  I don't eat oysters but they bring them in daily from all over Maine.

No photo description available.

Our kind of place.  We love trying different kinds of Oysters.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Finally. 
We have a concrete driveway, to the man cave that connects to the front driveway. 
Finishing up tomorrow. 
Soon landscaping. 

Oh. Some frogs were immortalized in the concrete. I guess it’s better than finding the long time missing Jimmy Hoffa. 

Be safe. 

That looks awesome Sue. The new camper looks great and so do your granddaughter photos.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Finally. 
Finishing up tomorrow. 
Soon landscaping. 

Be safe. 

Looks Great!   Poor frogs😪

Will the camper/RV fit in the garage?

We're back.  It was a 3 and a half hour sitting but we got through it all.  Amazing.  Here is the card with all the courses (Left) and the wine pairings (right) for the Chef's Tasting. Sorry, No food pics 😞

image.thumb.png.37ac705f85ef5190feca007c741c875f.png

I made up some serious brownie points for this one 😉

dp

• Like 17

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I always loved Melissa Manchester songs.  She's the "Sweet Melissa angel of my lifetime" mentioned in Barry Manilow's "Could It Be Magic" song.

We saw her on our rock and romance cruise a couple of years ago her voice was as good as ever , we were very happy that she was on board again , the two acts new we’re two I really wanted to see again was Don McLean who I last saw about 40 years ago in Dallas and Dave Mason who I never had the opportunity to see.  Saw Barry Manilow a couple of times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, alas, they wouldn’t be much benefit to Sea Dog on his Celebrity Beyond cruise.  I like my D+ benefits too. 😜

However, they will benefit me just fine on Odyssey.🙂

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks Great!   Poor frogs😪

Will the camper/RV fit in the garage?

The man cave came into existence to house the GTO's, Kubota, tractor, tools, storage and mini fridge, bar, sleeper sofa, big screen TV (Just kidding on the non working extras) Long before we ever really thought we would be getting an RV. 

Now our plans are for an addition to the right of the garage door, to protect it.....not this year.

The RV is a tad over 11 feet tall for clearance.....our garage doors are standard height whatever that is, so it would not fit.

Be safe

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, George C said:

Herb Albert who is 88 and worth close to a billion dollars still plays dallas every year with his wife , he is still great.

I was surprised to hear that he's worth close to a billion until I checked out his Wikipedia page.  I didn't know that he co-founded A&M records in 1962 with Jerry Moss (Alpert & Moss...A&M).  The list of artists on the A&M label over the years is simply incredible.  They eventually sold to Polygram in 1989 for $500M and received an additional $200M as a settlement for a breach of integrity lawsuit against Polygram (whatever that means).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was surprised to hear that he's worth close to a billion until I checked out his Wikipedia page.  I didn't know that he co-founded A&M records in 1962 with Jerry Moss (Alpert & Moss...A&M).  The list of artists on the A&M label over the years is simply incredible.  They eventually sold to Polygram in 1989 for $500M and received an additional $200M as a settlement for a breach of integrity lawsuit against Polygram (whatever that means).

The artist on our rock and romance cruise do interviews besides the concerts and many of them said he was a great guy to work for. His wife who he tours with was the lead singer for Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66, when we saw him a couple of years ago in downtown Dallas he said he liked this theater since it was one of the few around that was older than him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since there's been a lot of talk about Celebrity, just wanted to share something we learned about their basic WiFi and iMessages on iPhones (not sure if it applies to Android--it does NOT apply if you have upgraded WiFi). My mom sailed B3B on Edge in Europe in the fall and had nightmare issues with iMessages which was her primary way of keeping in touch. Hate to admit it, but I was really thinking she kept messing it up! We just did our first sailing on Celebrity in June and on day 3 iMessages wouldn't work and it was saying that my apple account didn't recognize the phone number. DH looked at it, we couldn't figure it out and right before I was set to try and spend hours with Apple Support, I remembered there was some sort of iLounge on board so I went to Guest Services to ask if was ever staffed. They said no, but as I started to explain my issue, they asked for my phone, typed away on it, asked me to restart the phone (I did while telling them I tried this a dozen times already) and then they took it back, typed away again and then told me to log back into my Celebrity wifi account and I'd be set! 

I asked them what they did and they said I couldn't replicate it because it required staff passwords, but the guy said it happens all the time to people who have the basic WiFi. I told them that they really should post a warning about it because the error messages you receive are related to your apple account--I doubt anyone would think it was Celebrity related. Guest Services said it happens constantly but they can fix it immediately and it rarely happens twice in one cruise. Happened on my husband's phone 2 days later, but never on DS who had the upgraded WiFi. Just really annoying that you could spend hours contacting Apple thinking it's related to your account!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Since there's been a lot of talk about Celebrity, just wanted to share something we learned about their basic WiFi and iMessages on iPhones (not sure if it applies to Android--it does NOT apply if you have upgraded WiFi). My mom sailed B3B on Edge in Europe in the fall and had nightmare issues with iMessages which was her primary way of keeping in touch. Hate to admit it, but I was really thinking she kept messing it up! We just did our first sailing on Celebrity in June and on day 3 iMessages wouldn't work and it was saying that my apple account didn't recognize the phone number. DH looked at it, we couldn't figure it out and right before I was set to try and spend hours with Apple Support, I remembered there was some sort of iLounge on board so I went to Guest Services to ask if was ever staffed. They said no, but as I started to explain my issue, they asked for my phone, typed away on it, asked me to restart the phone (I did while telling them I tried this a dozen times already) and then they took it back, typed away again and then told me to log back into my Celebrity wifi account and I'd be set! 

I asked them what they did and they said I couldn't replicate it because it required staff passwords, but the guy said it happens all the time to people who have the basic WiFi. I told them that they really should post a warning about it because the error messages you receive are related to your apple account--I doubt anyone would think it was Celebrity related. Guest Services said it happens constantly but they can fix it immediately and it rarely happens twice in one cruise. Happened on my husband's phone 2 days later, but never on DS who had the upgraded WiFi. Just really annoying that you could spend hours contacting Apple thinking it's related to your account!

Thanks for the heads up. We will be on Beyond next April and plan on upgrading wi-fi to premium. It will be interesting to see if we encounter any problems. We use iMessage a lot to communicate back home with family and friends.

So the last few days we spent organizing supplies in RV. 

Since the motor was running Spouse put the tire blocks on the wheels. 

When  we took them out one already got “dirt” in it. 

IMG_1499.thumb.jpeg.1d93ddccd0acd1774a08c8b4a61d9e28.jpeg

But upon a closer look the “dirt” was breathing. 

Happy frog put back in the woods safe and sound. 
IMG_1500.thumb.jpeg.f37e029c30ce36f73512dd4a4f7eb015.jpeg

Yup

We live and share our property with:

deer

opossum

raccoons

skunks

groundhogs

hawks

Bats

owls

woodpeckers