Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I may be getting behind on posts as I think I may have kidney stone. Lots of pain now. Drinking lots of water in hopes it will pass. Seeing my primary doc tomorrow morning but I have a feeling tonight is going to suck big time. I don’t wish this pain on anyone.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks Mimi!  We cruise the 2nd.  I am actually renting an electronic wheelchair called Whills.  It is one that @brillohead Debbi recommended.   I am looking forward to using it.

Speaking of electronic wheelchairs, my new electronic wheelchair was delivered to the house today!  I love it! It can do a 360⁰ tight turn.  It is narrow and gets around the house easy!  I was able to ride it down to the garden.  I took it out front to the street and it was so fast my hair blew back some.  They say the battery last for about 14 miles.  It also let's you raise the chair up to 12 inches, an option called iLevel.  I felt like it was higher.  I will be able to talk eye to eye with people. 

20230926_145851.thumb.jpg.b5651d10dc1666ea169508a2d3c49acc.jpg

I'm liking your new wheels.   Happy to hear you like it too as that is most important.

That is great how well it maneuvers and even better than insurance fully covered the cost. 😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

No matter how much I twirl, there are long kind strands hanging off. 
So I wind up with a lump the size of a softball that doesn’t fit into my mouth!

How the heck do others manage?

I don’t choose spaghetti when eating out.  Problem

solved😀.  
Not so much because it’s tricky to eat neatly but because bits of the sauce always ends up on my top…

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I may be getting behind on posts as I think I may have kidney stone. Lots of pain now. Drinking lots of water in hopes it will pass. Seeing my primary doc tomorrow morning but I have a feeling tonight is going to suck big time. I don’t wish this pain on anyone.

Is this your 1st?  I have had so many I have lost count.  Once I gave up drinking black tea I have gone long periods without getting them.  There are different types of stones.  What helped me was drinking pineapple juice. Also Sharon would mix Cinnamon and nutmeg and load them in capsules.   I would take 4 twice a day.  I understand how painful they can be.  I hope you pass it soon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm liking your new wheels.   Happy to hear you like it too as that is most important.

That is great how well it maneuvers and even better than insurance fully covered the cost. 😍

I have been having fun on it.  We took it outside where I was giving Caden and Kenzie rides.  It can go up to 6.1 mph.

• Like 13

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

Is this your 1st?  I have had so many I have lost count.  Once I gave up drinking black tea I have gone long periods without getting them.  There are different types of stones.  What helped me was drinking pineapple juice. Also Sharon would mix Cinnamon and nutmeg and load them in capsules.   I would take 4 twice a day.  I understand how painful they can be.  I hope you pass it soon.

This is my second. They zapped the first one but the X-rays showed I had a second one. It had not bothered me until today. You would think as much pineapple juice I have been drinking in my tiki cocktails that I wouldn’t have a problem.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

So my TMJ is definitely acting up. I was told by the RD today that my jaw mobility is very limited.

It is moving less than half of its normal amount, when shifting it left to right horizontally. More importantly, the amount it should open fully is very limited. I should be able to open it 6cm, I can only open it 1.2cm. 

To put it into terms my American friends will relate to; 2.36” is the normal opening amount and I’m only getting .47” of opening. 

I now have a repositioning oral splint that I have to wear for the next week, hoping to get my jaw lined up better. I have to wear it all day, all night except for eating.  I’m just hoping this will help. 

• Like 24

7 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi, a few photos from our day in St. John's, New Foundland.

We took the Coastal Hike excursion.  They take you to the top of Signal Hill and then you walk down.  We really enjoyed it, but not for the faint of heart or those not steady on their feet.

20230925_065632.thumb.jpg.603cdcaf28fa0fa88426c01fc2963eb2.jpg

20230925_070500.thumb.jpg.781e6e641b7e11f08417b6b7960baaaf.jpg

20230925_071627.thumb.jpg.4a61256a4a030eba59449ac1b82ab8fc.jpg

20230925_072032.thumb.jpg.b72aea0f363fe3d6df0e8e5597165ea8.jpg

20230925_070336.thumb.jpg.f8d0bcb9d96e3b6ae96193f9b51635c4.jpg

20230925_073107.thumb.jpg.480c70d15ca9e7b95c75b054a4ff19bb.jpg

Then went to Basilica of St. John the Baptist. Beautiful. 

20230925_094518.thumb.jpg.7f84c7de34aae662b8d4322412ca9f3a.jpg

Then to fish and chips place (excellent) recommended by excursion guide... and then some shopping and back to ship. 

20230925_151445.thumb.jpg.ab9fcd3935082ecaf47e64069320150f.jpg

See you next time. Canada. 

Sounds like a great day out and a port excursion that would appeal to me very much.  Nice photos.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been having fun on it.  We took it outside where I was giving Caden and Kenzie rides.  It can go up to 6.1 mph.

Sounds like your new chair is perfect for your needs which is great to hear.  Speedy, compact and eye height for conversations and bonus that you can give your gorgeous grandkids some fun,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So my TMJ is definitely acting up. I was told by the RD today that my jaw mobility is very limited.

It is moving less than half of its normal amount, when shifting it left to right horizontally. More importantly, the amount it should open fully is very limited. I should be able to open it 6cm, I can only open it 1.2cm. 

To put it into terms my American friends will relate to; 2.36” is the normal opening amount and I’m only getting .47” of opening. 

I now have a repositioning oral splint that I have to wear for the next week, hoping to get my jaw lined up better. I have to wear it all day, all night except for eating.  I’m just hoping this will help. 

Hope that helps.   I can imagine your frustration at this point

Oh no.  I hope it passes quickly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you have any idea what triggered this? I've had patients develop TMJ from opening their mouth too wide to bite into a grinder, chewing gum, clenching their teeth, etc.

Walking around helps in addition to drinking fluids. With sitting or lying down you lose the effect of gravity, as well as the jiggling that walking causes, helping to pull the stone down.

• Like 5

That sucks.  Had a bout with them a couple years ago, definitely a pain like no other.  The only pain med that worked for me was morphine via an IV.  Hope they pass quickly. 

• Like 5