Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

My Wife and I are going down to the medic on the ship,think we may have covid.,Runny nose,sore throat and coughing,achey.

People that have covid are they first off or last off if we are quarantined  our last night before getting off in Bayonne tomorrow?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I changed my post to the correct city, which was Athens.  I agree crime is rampant all over…but I can understand people thinking their valuables are safe locked in a safe!

Without a doubt!  As well they should be, thinking their valuables are safe in their room!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife and I are going down to the medic on the ship,think we may have covid.,Runny nose,sore throat and coughing,achey.

People that have covid are they first off or last off if we are quarantined  our last night before getting off in Bayonne?

Sorry to hear you both are not feeling well, Jimbo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

People that have covid are they first off or last off if we are quarantined  our last night before getting off in Bayonne tomorrow?

Sorry this happened. Get well soon.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Deb, I think I passed it last night as I feel better today. Still really tired and worn out. That was the most painful one I’ve ever had.

Greg, I was happy to read you're feeling better.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

People that have covid are they first off or last off if we are quarantined  our last night before getting off in Bayonne?

I don't like clicking the Like button in cases like this.  Wish there were other options.

If you two do have covid, I hope you both have mild cases although it sounds like you feel miserable now. ☹️

Feel better soon and remember to drink lots of fluids.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Quarantined people were last off when I had covid on Quantum.  

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:14 PM, Luckynana said:

Happy Anniversary, Sue and Gary!!💕🥂🎉💕

Please tell me about the underwater park in Bonaire?  Was this a cruise excursion, or privately booked?  I'll be there in March on the Beyond,

It was a RC excursion.  To Klein Bonaire, a tiny island just off Bonaire. There's loads of ways to get there including a water taxi which is the cheapest   there's very little shade on the island and no buildings or shops  so if you go independently it may be good to bring a cool box with cold drinks with you. 

The excursion we were on was a very old authentic Chinese Junk which was moored a short distance from our ship. To get there you transfer on rib boats which was fun but a bit difficult to get from the rib onto the junk boat.  A push from behind helped 😂

On the way over they served non alcoholic punch and on the way back alcoholic punch. They provided snorkeling gear if you need it and flippers. 

once in the water the current very gently drifts you down the length of the island alongside the Coral reef. Its not too strong and only a few feet from the island so easy to get out when you want.  Highly recommend Klein Bonaire 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Phew!  I only missed checking yesterday and so much happening!

@A&L_Ont  Hoping the splint does it job and your jaw gets relief soon!

@Sea Dog   Glad to hear the stone probably passed!

@Momof3gurlz  Happy you made it to Rome and can't wait to see more pictures!

@Jimbo  Boo that you and DW are not feeling well!  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Quarantined people were last off when I had covid on Quantum.  

I was dreading that,I'm feeling better today then yesterday but yesterday my Wife wasn't that bad but is now worse today.

We are driving home from Bayonne to Virginia but we're going to stop in NJ to see some family. They may be out now.

Our plan was to get a rental car and just drive home if positive will they let us do that or will they make us stay in a NJ/NY hotel for a few days until we test negative.

I don't think either of us has a fever so we might just the flu.

As of now I still feel well enough to drive home.

Mostly getting test done because of meeting older family members and don't want to get them sick.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was dreading that,I'm feeling better today then yesterday but yesterday my Wife wasn't that bad but is now worse today.

We are driving home from Bayonne to Virginia but we're going to stop in NJ to see some family. They may be out now.

Our plan was to get a rental car and just drive home if positive will they let us do that or will they make us stay in a NJ/NY hotel for a few days until we test negative.

I don't think either of us has a fever so we might just the flu.

As of now I still feel well enough to drive home.

Mostly getting test done because of meeting older family members and don't want to get them sick.

just test yourself and then decide what you want to do. If you go to medical, you will be quarantined in your cabin. There is no more quarantine after you disembark. If they quarantine you, you will get a FCC for those days. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We board Celebrity Edge Saturday 9/30, ending in Barcelona. 

Greg I’m so sorry you’re suffering. I know from experience how bad they are. I sure hope you’re getting some pain relief or getting that sucker zapped if it hasn’t already passed. 

@A&L_Ont Andrew I’m sorry you’re in pain also.  Hoping you see some improvement soon. 

Have an amazing cruise.  The edge was our first cruise post Covid.  Beautiful ship! 😊 

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

just test yourself and then decide what you want to do. If you go to medical, you will be quarantined in your cabin. There is no more quarantine after you disembark. If they quarantine you, you will get a FCC for those days. 

We did take tests with us and both of us tested positive But test kits we just noticed were 13 months out of date..

If Quarantined starts it will be at 6pm tonight until we get off in Bayonne tomorrow morning,not a big deal..We are packing now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I changed my post to the correct city, which was Athens.  I agree crime is rampant all over…but I can understand people thinking their valuables are safe locked in a safe!

Wow that’s disappointing to hear.  We have experienced a pickpocket attempt during the day in Barcelona.  We are ending our cruise in Athens in sep 2024 and would plan on keeping all valuables in the safe as we do pre cruise, during cruise, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We made it to Rome today via Italotreno.  Then taxi’s to our hotel.  If anyone thinks NYC taxi’s are crazy, you should try Rome’s!  Our hotel is amazing.  Right near Campo de Fiori.  I have quite a few pictures to post but we are off to Altar of the Fatherland, reservations for the top, hoping to catch sunset there.  I will catch up on photos tonight. 

Have a great trip!  I'd love to hear your thoughts on Campo de Fiori.  We were supposed to stay at the Hotel Campo de Fiori in 2020 but that trip was cancelled due to Covid.  We still plan, at some point, to recreate the same itinerary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Absolutely gorgeous!  When I showed these pictures to Jim, he said, "Okay, sign me up!"  (We were supposed to stay in Venice before taking Celebrity Summit to the Greek Isles..another Covid trip canceled)

Some people have anger issues, and it sounds like this couple make quite a pair.  How awful and mean they were to do this..not to mention childish🤨

I am by nature a very calm person .If I was the opposite that could have led to a fight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Oh No Jimbo! I hope you and wife feel better.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, Ocean Boy said:

@Momof3gurlzYour pictures are making me want to return! Thanks for the hotel address.

We sailed from Venice 3 times on Splendour of the seas.

We stayed twice in Venice.

Hotel Hilton Molina Stucky.

We got a speedboat from the airport to the hotel which is on Giudecca Island.

It took 20 minutes on the hotel's shuttle boat to St Marks Square.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1