Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Usually between 5:00-9:00 pm with the heaviest concentration between 6:00 -7:30 pm when it's almost a non-stop flow.

But occasionally,  the really little kids pre-school I'm guessing come around as early as 4;00. 

You do know I was talking about MY eating a lot of candy!😁🎃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 years ago today, our very first grandchild, Erin Elizabeth, was born, making Jim and I grandparents!  Erin stole my heart that day.  We are so Blessed, and so proud of the beautiful young woman she has become.  She's working in the ER at the hospital today.  

• Like 19

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I see @clochette's post about the College has been taken down.  Just sayin....

Knowing how "the powers that be" think, they probably were being ultra cautious. Might give someone ideas.  I know that was not @clochette intent and no regular to this thread would do anything but still, the admin are ultimately responsible so better safe than sorry.

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And Lenny's too....

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I guess I didn't see Lenny's😔

Missed it too so they were quick.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It didn’t take long for three new threads to be started on that topic.   

That  should drown out the "will they or won't they".....Diamonds being kicked out of the Crown Lounge....conversation for awhile. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

At 3:30 pm, poured Halloween candy into 2 large bowls, 360 pieces which is enough for 120 kids at 3 pieces a kid.  Usually get between 80-100 kids so there is plenty of surplus.

Then I swept the sidewalk & driveway, changed out all the exterior burnt-out light bulbs to ensure the outdoor is properly lit and started the creepy Halloween music. Put on my  "costume" which is a t-shirt with the phrase "Zombie Outbreak Response Team" (lame, I know) on it.

3:50 pm, probably still have hour away before the first kids arrive & I'm down to 330 pieces of candy & for some reason, my belly is feeling a little unwell. .Opps!

Those kids better get here soon! 😄

We put out our pumpkin with a battery candle inside and a bowl of sweets on the front door step as we were delivering Isaac home during prime Halloween trick or treat time.  By the time we got back all the sweets were gone.

It's not that big a deal here, though bigger than it use to be when my kids were small. 

Mostly it's young children in groups with their parents around 5 to 6pm.   They only call at houses with a pumpkin outside.  Sometimes you get older kids coming around later in the evening 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello friends! I’m back and finally settled in to spend more time here. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back and read everything I’ve missed as I’m getting ready for knee replacement on Friday. If I’ve missed birthdays, special occasions, sickness, problems or accomplishments I’m sorry. Know that I care about all of you.

I want to thank all of you that took time to follow and post on my live review thread. I broke a new record for me with over 67,400 views and over 1.100 posts. I am humbled by your support and hope I can do better in the future.

I will try and keep up after my surgery but as you know being drugged up with painkillers I will be doing a lot of sleeping. Or maybe not as I am being prescribed a portable connect pedal bike that sends data back to my surgeon. Medicare covers it and it will be delivered today. I am supposed to use at least 3-5 times a day for 10-20 minutes. Combine that with physical therapy 2-3 times a week I will be pretty busy. At least I should be ready for Beyond in April.

Cheer.

You did sn excellent job on your blog  funny, informative and interesting and great videos.

Good luck with your knee surgery on Friday. I hope it goes well and you're back to fully fit soon 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

Funny you should say that ... After posting the good wishes to Greg, I've got a call from DS1, asking how are we doing (we both had missile alerts during the day...).

While replying, another alert was sound, first at my son's, so he left me to run to the shelter, and then also in our city.

For @helen haywood, DS1 just sent me a pic of their improvised shelter under their building with the sac sands...

image.thumb.jpeg.c787cf91bf7007eb04a17776da4bd637.jpeg

and for aussie @aussielozzie18

a pic of a missile launched towards Tel Aviv in the sky, and an Iron Dome rocket "following" it (the 2 lights)

image.thumb.jpeg.039db10c6a020dc1826ee19565d26404.jpeg

and then -- the moment of successful interception and.... BOOM !!!

I think about you every day Dani, and pray that wise minds will come together and end the war.  I can't imagine what you are going through. It's such a nightmare 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Final post this evening, finally they've brought back Survivor to UK screens after a gap of 22 years. I use to love that programme and after watching the first episode tonight its shaping up just as good as the originals 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

22 years ago today, our very first grandchild, Erin Elizabeth, was born, making Jim and I grandparents!  Erin stole my heart that day.  We are so Blessed, and so proud of the beautiful young woman she has become.  She's working in the ER at the hospital today.  

I’m being meaning to ask how Erin is enjoying Nursing?

& Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter 🎂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

Funny you should say that ... After posting the good wishes to Greg, I've got a call from DS1, asking how are we doing (we both had missile alerts during the day...).

While replying, another alert was sound, first at my son's, so he left me to run to the shelter, and then also in our city.

For @helen haywood, DS1 just sent me a pic of their improvised shelter under their building with the sac sands...

image.thumb.jpeg.c787cf91bf7007eb04a17776da4bd637.jpeg

and for aussie @aussielozzie18

a pic of a missile launched towards Tel Aviv in the sky, and an Iron Dome rocket "following" it (the 2 lights)

image.thumb.jpeg.039db10c6a020dc1826ee19565d26404.jpeg

and then -- the moment of successful interception and.... BOOM !!!

Dani, I can’t imagine what you and your family are going through.  I feel guilty feeling bad that our granddaughter has to go out trick or treating in light rain and chilly temperatures.   Hugs to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

We started watching a while ago but couldn't get into the first episode so didn't watch anymore. With all the recommendations we've given it another go and it does get better once you get to know the characters 

We, too, struggled to get through first episode and plan on giving it another try.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I want to send my best wishes to @Sea Dog for his surgery and recovery.

And to all who sent me best wishes for my cancer treatment and recovery, my grateful thanks.  This has been a summer that did not exist, with radiation 5 days a week for 7 weeks, weekly chemo and followup blood tests.

I did end up  with 2 day day stay at the local hospital to receive 2 units of blood when my hemoglobin levels became too low. 

Having the CC community express their well wishes is priceless. To all, again my thanks.

I hope you are having another wonderful week with nice weather onboard Adventure.   

And most importantly hope you are feeling stronger everyday and enjoying your pumpkin seed rolls😊

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We, too, struggled to get through first episode and plan on giving it another try.

I don't know if this is part of the reason why you struggled, but we turned on closed captions to make it easier to understand what was being said.  Made a big difference also when watching Peaky Blinders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday to Erin.  💐

Hope she an easy night in the ER.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

Had a fun but exhausting day today.  A friend runs a weekly ladies golf group, and on the Tuesday closest to Halloween does a "Witches Tournanent".  I barely make it through 9 holes so don't do the weekly 18 but have been participating with the witches since we've been here.  This year with Halloween falling on Tuesday it was prime time for 24 of us.  Waiting on the "official" group photo but in the meantime, not the greatest shot but was a fun day.  Yes a few do play in full witch attire.

IMG_20231031_163008~3.jpg

Great outfit!   Sounds like a really fun day.🎃

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know if this is part of the reason why you struggled, but we turned on closed captions to make it easier to understand what was being said.  Made a big difference also when watching Peaky Blinders.

We watch a lot of shows with closed caption on, don't always need it but it often does help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy birthday to your granddaughter Erin.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

At 3:30 pm, poured Halloween candy into 2 large bowls, 360 pieces which is enough for 120 kids at 3 pieces a kid.  Usually get between 80-100 kids so there is plenty of surplus.

Then I swept the sidewalk & driveway, changed out all the exterior burnt-out light bulbs to ensure the outdoor is properly lit and started the creepy Halloween music. Put on my  "costume" which is a t-shirt with the phrase "Zombie Outbreak Response Team" (lame, I know) on it.

3:50 pm, probably still have hour away before the first kids arrive & I'm down to 330 pieces of candy & for some reason, my belly is feeling a little unwell. .Opps!

Those kids better get here soon! 😄

Zero kids today which is weird because usually by now there have been about 100.If nobody comes we will have to find somebody to eat the delicious candy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Our trick or treat hours just ended.   We still had about 40 pieces of candy left, and we were telling several of the kids to take a few.  

We set up a card table at the end of our drive, and some of our immediate neighbors do the same.  We spend the evening catching up with everyone and spreading neighborhood gossip. By the end of the evening, it was down to 38°, and we are supposed to get snow overnight.  I am not ready for that.  It is a good thing we had some warm, cinnamon apple cider with a little fireball added to take off the chill. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 7