Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Arzeena. Our Mommies are always with us.

Yesterday my zipper was stuck on coat after we came in from shoveling.   I told Eric I'm going to be wearing the coat for the rest of my life.   He tried and couldnt get.  He went to get pliers as I stood there saying "Where's my Mommy, she always fixed my zippers"   I gave it one more tug and Viola I am no longer wearing the coat.

🥰

• Like 2

@aussielozzie18 Just wanted to say I broke something in my ankle skiing for the first time when I was 15.  A person skiing in front of me fell and I tried to avoid them and when I fell my straps didn’t detach.  I had surgery with pins and screws.  I was in a cast for awhile (don’t remember exactly how long as it was a million years ago and being in a cast when you’re 15 seems forever…)  But, 49 years later I can tell you I never had any issues with the fix.  I was soon back to riding horses, running track, long jumps, racing up the stairs….  I was disappointed my hardware didn’t set off metal detectors at airports…I had thought that would be cool…😎  I’m certain orthopedic surgery has advanced even further since back in The Dark Ages…

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

I actually thought of moving from my house to a condo after Dan passed mainly to be somewhere where I would be able to meet people.  Most condos here have social events and a pool.  But I  much nixed that idea pretty quickly.  Not sure my neighbors would appreciate my barking dog on the other side of their walls either😇

There are more dogs and cats in my condo complex than people.My closest neighbor has two cats and a dog.

• Like 3

On 2/11/2024 at 10:23 AM, Ocean Boy said:

@ReneeFLL Tell Mike I think he would have enjoyed the comedian last night. He did a segment on flying in a plane. That, and the entire show, was hellarious.

I shall. I don’t think we’ve ever heard a comedian really talk about planes.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:22 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn have a lovely time in Singapore and enjoy Spectrum.  From the current cc live that we are both following it looks like a lovely ship.

Thanks Aussie, yes it's great there's been a trip report as often there's not much about Spectrum,  sounds totally different.  We leave next week for a few days first in Singapore before the four night cruise. 

I missed a few posts but from quotes I'm sorry to hear your child has broken a bone. I hope it's a clean easily mended break and they are not in pain 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, jmh2006 said:

@ReneeFLL  Glad you are home safe and sound after what sounded like two very nice cruises!

Thanks, we’re happy to be home for a little while

On 2/11/2024 at 12:55 PM, NHProud said:

Well , you are wrong! Our sad unlit Christmas tree is still up . It is now our resident large artificial houseplant 😄
I ask my husband every weekend if he is going to take down the tree and he wants to keep it up another week.  

Nothing wrong with fake plants, even decorated ones. 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@aussielozzie18  Your poor daughter!  Poor mama, too, this has to be so scary for the both of you.  Prayers that all go well with your daughter's surgery.  I'm sure it will.🙏

+1 prayers that it mends quickly 🙏 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your birthday good wishes and Happy Birthday to Lisa for yesterday too!

I had a lovely day. Weather was a bit grey and misty but we had a great day out at a National Trust property walking Molly in the 1600 acres of the property, and then while she rested in the car we had a quick look around the gardens and house.  Family came over in the afternoon for coffee and cake and then Gary cooked a steak dinner.   We'll go out to dinner at the weekend to celebrate properly and then look forward to our Singapore trip

You can just spot thec house in the background 

20240214_134139.thumb.jpg.2214c84533e3dfb72c3b88a97ab3aee2.jpg

View from the house. As far as you can see belongs to the property 

20240214_134602.thumb.jpg.683bc72471d6e324888ca664585cacec.jpg

The Gold Room

20240214_141154.thumb.jpg.5965223d1e5e68e5de5965ba2cbfb041.jpg

In her will in the '40s she left the house and grounds to the National Trust and her Jewels to her good friend, our old Queen Mother (she had no children). In this cabinet are replica of two tiara that are still being worn by the Royal Family today 

20240214_141347.thumb.jpg.ee7c0aa2bbb10fc47a8fc539fcd5b020.jpg

She was the only child of a brewery owner (McEwan). She inherited a million pounds in the beginning of the 20th century and married into nobility.  I love learning about the owners of these big country houses 

Polesden Lacey, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/surrey/polesden-lacey

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2024 at 8:20 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Not impressed by any of the commercials.  Lots of religious commercials which is different for a Superbowl.  Not an exciting game.  See what happens with the halftime show......

I taped the game just for the commercials. I still haven’t watched it yet, maybe I’ll just delete it since I’m not interested in religious commercials. I want to see funny ones. I heard there was a second National Anthem announced and played. 🙄

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:53 AM, MJSailors said:

I did think about the commercials for AI and Scientology. Different for sure.

I can just imagine what good use they could have put that money to instead of a superbowl ad. I haven't looked it up, but I’m curious if much of their donations actually go to helping people in need.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:51 AM, lenquixote66 said:

My prediction of the Chiefs winning 28-24 was pretty close.

Lenquixote trivia:

My wife and I have the following in common with Taylor and Travis:

Taylor and my wife are both 5’11

Travis and I are both 6’5

Both women are singers

Travis plays Pro Football .I worked for a company that had a football team and I was on the team.

Taylor and I both own homes in NY .She has a residence in RI and I know someone living in the same town.

She sold the house in RI as far as I know. Does that someone living in that town happen to be on this thread?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Thank you all for your birthday good wishes and Happy Birthday to Lisa for yesterday too!

I had a lovely day. Weather was a bit grey and misty but we had a great day out at a National Trust property walking Molly in the 1600 acres of the property, and then while she rested in the car we had a quick look around the gardens and house.  Family came over in the afternoon for coffee and cake and then Gary cooked a steak dinner.   We'll go out to dinner at the weekend to celebrate properly and then look forward to our Singapore trip

You can just spot thec house in the background 

20240214_134139.thumb.jpg.2214c84533e3dfb72c3b88a97ab3aee2.jpg

View from the house. As far as you can see belongs to the property 

20240214_134602.thumb.jpg.683bc72471d6e324888ca664585cacec.jpg

The Gold Room

20240214_141154.thumb.jpg.5965223d1e5e68e5de5965ba2cbfb041.jpg

In her will in the '40s she left the house and grounds to the National Trust and her Jewels to her good friend, our old Queen Mother (she had no children). In this cabinet are replica of two tiara that are still being worn by the Royal Family today 

20240214_141347.thumb.jpg.ee7c0aa2bbb10fc47a8fc539fcd5b020.jpg

She was the only child of a brewery owner (McEwan). She inherited a million pounds in the beginning of the 20th century and married into nobility.  I love learning about the owners of these big country houses 

Polesden Lacey, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/surrey/polesden-lacey

It looks like you had an amazing birthday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can just imagine what good use they could have put that money to instead of a superbowl ad. I haven't looked it up, but I’m curious if much of their donations actually go to helping people in need.

She sold the house in RI as far as I know. Does that someone living in that town happen to be on this thread?

The house has not sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your good wishes for my DD. I love this group for what we can share & the support we give each other @helen haywood really appreciate your post detailing your experience and especially the outcome.  
DD is currently prepped and all ready for theatre.

Now, back to cruising - I have to say so far Sir Richard Brandon’s ship is very nice and I do LOVE his hammock on the Sea Terrace Cabin Balcony and first night dinner at Extra Virgin - included in cruise cost (Italian) was VERY NICE.

ps I don’t wear shoes in the hammock (just for the photo)708B15D2-9B16-4352-92B8-5F4CB0220D72.thumb.jpeg.cd1640c20bfa7605eb0d66e4043a1a1a.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:16 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad it worked out for you. It is a mess here. I had to hand shovel the driveway as the wet sh!t kept clogging the snowblower.

Seeing you in shorts all the time, I just can’t picture you shoveling snow.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:55 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, my mirror does a bunch of stuff too (except it doesn't disappear as you are sliding down a big hill into a mailbox).    James Bond probably has one of them. 

Glad to hear you are ok.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:45 PM, firefly333 said:

Well it looks like I have a new 2nd condo near PC. I have a buyer here with 2 small kids she wants to start the new school year in the school here. My condo I own is rented until sept 1st. Plus i think it's not as big as i now want. When i used to live in boca Raton before i moved back to texas i had more visitors than usual lmao. And i just wanted BIG. 

Under contract to buy new condo. Over 2k sf. Huge for a one level condo, no stairs. Huge balcony off 3 rooms. I dont own any balcony furniture but I'm hoping for a close by furniture store. All I've seen is walmart lol. Gotta be something there. Moving in blind, people ask havent you even checked for doctors there and stuff. Just assuming they got doctors and stores I need there besides publix and walmart. 

Closing there in a couple of weeks, but not moving until may 20th. I have mariner 7 day first cruise out of Galveston booked and paid for, then driving home and assuming a mover can pack me up and move me in. May 6 to may 13. Hiring packing and moving out, not doing it myself. Though I will start sorting and throwing out. 

Clearly I need some balcony furniture lol. 7.75 miles from the port my cousin says google maps. Hes Mr. IT. Still within close uber reach. Pool tennis/pickleball courts, library. Maybe I need to learn pickle ball. Close walking trails and lake to walk around. Need to get in shape is my plan this year. Oh and its Penthouse top level. Not sure I can see fish from that high, maybe birds? 

20240205_163430060.jpeg

Jane, that looks like a great place. Do you belong to Sam’s, Costco or BJ’s? They usually have great patio furniture if your looking for something more substantial and not something light weight.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Glad to hear you are ok.

Jane, that looks like a great place. Do you belong to Sam’s, Costco or BJ’s? They usually have great patio furniture if your looking for something more substantial and not something light weight.

No here they arent close enough it is worth joining since it's just me and I eat out half the time. I got a Kroger credit card, dont know even if they are in the nearby area, only saw publix. And drove by a entrace saying Walmart. Walmart delivers if you buy online here. I really am not sure what I want. Something comfortable to read sitting in. Most of the places I saw along A1A in the PC area were touristy places. I stayed in a hotel there I think the radisson but not sure. It was too long ago. 

I'm just assuming even if I have to drive clear to orlando I can find whatever I need. I lived in boca raton for 13 years, but not this far  north. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Glad to hear you are ok.

I know Fish Lips is said to have a great happy hour and where to get fish tacos. Lol what else do I need to know. 

Well hopefully I can get spectrum set up fast or I'll stay in a hotel room! I have lots of questions without answers.