Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are being hit with bad news today.  First, Charlie’s sister died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s.  Now my friend from Michigan called to let us know her husband is in the hospital with liver and esophagus problems.  They inserted a feeding tube and did biopsies.  We are praying for all.

Getting caught up today, and was sorry to read this.  Prayers to your family. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 6:53 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa says thank-you. 

Happy birthday Sue and happy anniversary to Mike and Sue. 

I think you meant Mike and Renee? I will answer to a lot of things. 😁 Happy belated birthday to Lisa.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are being hit with bad news today.  First, Charlie’s sister died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s.  Now my friend from Michigan called to let us know her husband is in the hospital with liver and esophagus problems.  They inserted a feeding tube and did biopsies.  We are praying for all.

I am so very sorry to hear that Charlie's sister has passed away.  May she Rest in Peace.🙏

Prayers for Charlie's sister, and for your friend from Michigan and her husband.🙏🙏

(((Hugs to you and Charlie, Marietta)))🌹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m hoping to spend some time at St John’s Town Center either before we check-in or the next day.  

We had lived in Fernandina Beach for over a year before a friend took me to St. John’s.  OMG!!!  The Dillard’s there is better than the Lenox/Phipps Rich’s and Neiman Marcus in Atlanta in their heyday!!!  I LOVE that store!!  I bought a $300 dress I have absolutely nowhere to wear…except on cruises…😆

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

They are just saying Hint Hint, book another cruise.😁

We are on the Equinox March 4 and I looked port timetables to see if our ships would be neighbors at any port, but no such thing! We could have said hello or had a cold drink.

Bummer, that would have be awesome❣️

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks Bob!  Your memory is correct, we’ll be at the Margaritaville Hotel.  TacoLu sounds great as does Casa Marina. I’m a sucker for a rooftop bar so we’ll definitely try to get there. I’m hoping to spend some time at St John’s Town Center either before we check-in or the next day.  

Safe travels, Deb and Andy!  The two of you sure pack a lot of visits on your journeys to your cruises.  Our friends Carol and Andy went with two other couples to Margaritaville just two days ago to check the place out.  They said it is beautiful!  Their Margarita's were pretty good too, as well as their lunches while there.  Have a great time in the next couple of weeks!🥰

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of Charlie's Sister passing.   May she RIP🙏

Prayers for your Friend too.

And big hug for you and Charlie ((((((❤️))))))

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 5:16 PM, Sea Dog said:

Update:

I’m home after a successful surgery. The rip was a large one and I had some intestine poking out. I am sore but pain is doing ok. I have some good pain meds.

On another note my heart is heartbroken that what should be a day of celebration of our hometown Chiefs winning the Super Bowl got a dark shadow casted over us. While we don’t know all the information 1 is dead, multiple shot and injured. Thankfully our brave law enforcement ran towards the chaos and even citizens pursued and restrained the shooter. Still an active crime scene now as the investigation is ongoing. Any pain I have from the surgery is nothing compared to the pain, sadness, anger  and depression I feel that this happened for what should have been a great celebration.

Happy to hear your surgery went well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks. I’ve got more pain today but it’s tolerable. Just trying to take it easy.

I hope your pain goes away ,Greg.Have you ever tried meditation ?I have been meditating since I was in college.I have a mantra that I have been using many years and I meditate at bedtime.I am in a relaxed state and able to sleep pain free.

• Like 3

On 2/14/2024 at 6:04 PM, Luckynana said:

@sgmn  Happy Birthday, Sue!🎈

@A&L_Ont  Happy Birthday, Lisa!🎈

@ReneeFLL  Happy Anniversary, Renee and Mike!💖

Thank you Maryanne.

On 2/14/2024 at 6:35 PM, grapau27 said:

+1 @sgmn Happy birthday Sue.

@A&L_Ont Happy birthday Lisa.

@ReneeFLL Happy Anniversary Renee and Mike.

Thanks Graham.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:33 PM, firefly333 said:

I know Fish Lips is said to have a great happy hour and where to get fish tacos. Lol what else do I need to know. 

Well hopefully I can get spectrum set up fast or I'll stay in a hotel room! I have lots of questions without answers. 

Sorry Jane, but I really don’t know anything about that area.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about Charlie’s sister.May she rest in peace.Sorry about your friends husband .Hopefully he will get through this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks! I missed the Barbenheimer craze last summer. I finally caught the Barbie movie on MAX this past January & now I'll watch Oppenheimer this weekend. Then I'll finally be caught up on my summer viewing.  Just finished "Who is Erin Carter?" as well

I saw the Erin Carter last year .It was very good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry Jane, but I really don’t know anything about that area.

And probably asking people sitting out at the beach was biased lol. Oh we love fish lips for happy hour comment from those beach dwellers. I stopped in one place and no help, they ha died me a tourist map.

The people I was talking to just come down in the winter. Snow birds. I wasnt sure how to meet up with people who live there year round. Just assuming it will all work out. Me and my cousins are looking at trails and where to see birds. She comes down every march. I said come stay with me. 

None of it particularly informative, but I'm sure someone will know how to get set up. 

Meanwhile I gotta get thru taxes this year. One thing at a time. 

And again happy anniversary.

• Like 1