Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Persephone.  Excuse the poor quality photos but you can see the audience are standing on the floor  near the main stage and around the mini stages.  
There  is a small seating area upstairs with a small balcony on either side.  The small number of cruisers stood at the balcony edge.  The audience in the seated section 3 rows of 4 seats each - faced the main stage but had an obstructed view or completely obstructed view of the performers up high opposite the main stage. Venue: The Red Room.

FF976EC6-812F-4A3B-B9F1-61A8D5E25B24.jpeg

4B5170FB-2614-4599-BB07-09425CE6BA2C.jpeg

AF2EDCB0-C757-43FD-A841-46623CB993F6.jpeg

684046C1-8860-413B-9E86-8E9431B0C388.jpeg

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Stork Update:  DIL1 delivered baby at 6:56AM. 2/18/2024 5lb6oz.  It was a quick & speedy delivery.  He was very eager to enter the world.  Thank God, he and his mommy are doing well.  Doctors are keeping an eye on mommy to make sure everything is stable.  We will go see them in a week or so.  Now we wait for DS2’s turn who is due in April.

Congratulations!  Wonderful that all went well. 

• Thanks 1

We had a wild storm move through Sydney today.  No trains running in the afternoon for our line and replacement buses hadn’t yet been organised so it took DH double the time to commute home.  Then he walked in door and discovered the internet was out due to the storm and he hasn’t been able to fix.  He is not a happy camper atm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Stork Update:  DIL1 delivered baby at 6:56AM. 2/18/2024 5lb6oz.  It was a quick & speedy delivery.  He was very eager to enter the world.  Thank God, he and his mommy are doing well.  Doctors are keeping an eye on mommy to make sure everything is stable.  We will go see them in a week or so.  Now we wait for DS2’s turn who is due in April.

Congratulations Helen and Marty!  I’m glad all went well.

• Thanks 1

Daughter and her family went to the Titanic Artifact Exebition yesterday.  Everyone was give a passenger ticket with the name of an actual passenger.

IMG_8909.thumb.jpeg.67c591689369904d5c6fdec680b08dfb.jpeg

I heard the grandkids were asking if their cabin on Utopia would be like this one. 

IMG_8914.thumb.jpeg.17d409ded3129d95dad0216f96c580dc.jpeg

It looks like they had prices comparable to Royal. 

IMG_8915.thumb.jpeg.326927ee798289cfc582ecc0d065c7ef.jpeg

it looks like it was an interesting exhibit. 

• Like 11

My son and his family flew to Hawaii for their winter school break this week.  It looks like they are having much better weather there, instead of the new storms in the Bay Area.

Meanwhile, I am here in the snow doing taxes.   I need a getaway about now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Daughter and her family went to the Titanic Artifact Exebition yesterday.  Everyone was give a passenger ticket with the name of an actual passenger.

I heard the grandkids were asking if their cabin on Utopia would be like this one. 

Mark, where is the exhibit?  Looks super interesting!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:13 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Developmentally challenged.  Owen got to work with some kids that have small challenges to those that have great life challenges. He has found this to be a calling, enough to do his work co-op in this.

Thanks.   When I read DE I think "Distiller's Edition". I did not think that worked in this case 😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My father came to the US in 1913.He was originally planning to come in 1912.I have a copy of the dinner menu which does not look that much different from current menus .It is somewhere in my house.If I find it I will post it here.

• Like 3

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to you all for the congratulatory wishes for our new grandbaby.  We really appreciate all your kind words and warm thoughts. ❤️ ☺️

I believe mother and baby get discharged tomorrow.  We shall see how their dog Mochi will react to this new little human in their home.

It is very blustery with rain here today.  I am a rainbow chaser and always in awe with them.  But this rainbow today is just about everywhere.  Big, bold and so vivid.  I have to be cautious while I’m driving and spot it and I”d have to find a safe spot to stop to capture a photo.  Here is a couple for you.

This school campus is closed today and for the week.  Too bad the kids missed this.

IMG_8823.thumb.jpeg.9c1dd80f87f5938e58b3e95c0318c7a6.jpeg

IMG_8827.thumb.jpeg.1f7f5822e265b02e19199fb786cde3f0.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

I admit, that I have been spoiled by all the nice people on this thread.

I have been dwelling on the Princess threads, keeping up with the soon to be inaugural cruise on the ship we will be sailing after Utopia.  Today, I went playing in the minefields, as one of the threads turned from an add on, extras thread, to a tipping thread.  It has been entertaining. 

But I also encountered a poster from the UK, that I would have to place in the “Not Nice” category.  So now, I need an interpretation from our friends from the UK.   

What does it mean, if someone asks, “Are you hiding in my chimney?”

I guess I need to see if I have been insulted, before I dive back in.😏  Went for a walk, and I am 50 posts behind on it already. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Great day in Puerto Plata, DR

I did the waterfall, cliffs  and waterslides. I’m feeling a little old for this but loved it. I’m just really wore out.  I uploaded this to YouTube so the android users could see it too. I’d definitely recommend this excursion. 

I’m sitting g at the Duck and Dog relieving the pain. 

• Like 17

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I admit, that I have been spoiled by all the nice people on this thread.

I have been dwelling on the Princess threads, keeping up with the soon to be inaugural cruise on the ship we will be sailing after Utopia.  Today, I went playing in the minefields, as one of the threads turned from an add on, extras thread, to a tipping thread.  It has been entertaining. 

But I also encountered a poster from the UK, that I would have to place in the “Not Nice” category.  So now, I need an interpretation from our friends from the UK.   

What does it mean, if someone asks, “Are you hiding in my chimney?”

I guess I need to see if I have been insulted, before I dive back in.😏  Went for a walk, and I am 50 posts behind on it already. 

I just read the thread.  You chimney gawker.  😂

• Haha 11