Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@BonTexasNY  So glad to hear that you are okay, Bonnie!  You sure had us worried.  I'm sorry to hear that Jennifer has to deal with MS.  I'm sure you are eagerly looking forward to her visit.

Do you have a date for your surgery?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Just keep telling yourself that it will work out Jane. And it will, it is just the process that is stressful, what with packing to move, taxes, and juggling doctor's appointments. You will get there. ☺️

And it is a nuisance and difficult when the other property is some distance away. Yours is farther away. But the house we are moving to, is 2 and a half hours away, so it is not like we can pop over there through the current snow. But you do have one major advantage, your new condo is empty! Mom's house where we are moving, is still full of stuff! 😄

And I'm telling myself if my house here sells on time I can get a hotel room. Worse comes to worse I could stay with my sister lol if things run over. 

The buyer I met thru next door where someone bought the house next door to flip. The guy who introduced himself has told me 5 different things about this girl who is buying it. I had to take the survey to the title company and met the closing agent lol and she too has questions. She said she thinks he is married. I said well something is going on because I talked to her 945 pm friday night and he was over her place, she put him on the phone. Idk if he was actually a owner or just a worker next door, dont know what to believe. He also said he wasnt a flipper but then they fixed it up and put it right up for sale. If she doesnt qualify and cant buy it I'll call one of those we buy for cash and still clear out. It was just funny it struck her too that stuff wasnt ringing true. Though I think she is sincere about wanting to buy. Idk about her "friend". She is cute as a button and beautiful. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

"Oh yeah, you blend"

Funny bit was the discussion on what Vinny should wear going deer (deeuh) hunting.

@firefly333 Jane, thanks for your kind words.  I admire how you are muddling through all of your parents accounts, trust, etc., etc.  I hope everything will be resolved soon.  Good luck on your new condo.  What a balcony!

I'm glad you are ok. We are all getting older with issues. Sorry to hear you have to have surgery.

I did like that the new condo was the top floor. Some listings call it penthouse but it's the same as below just higher. The carpet is indy dark blue. Some pictures look black, some blue. Idk if I will eventually replace all that carpet or not. I dont mind the carpet and it's in good shape. Though i do want someone to clear it and bathrooms etc before I arrive with furniture. Most of my pictures are of stuff like oh boy 2 sinks in the master vanity. They are using the tennis courts for pickle ball and a nice library and pool. I'll use the library to exchange books.

Looking out from the living room. 

20240302_195445.jpg

20240302_195543.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My Cousin Vinny was just on E!  I could watch that movie over and over.  Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci are so good.  

I never get tired of that movie!

• Like 2

We were thinking about that too. The logistics are what is mind boggling. Get more stuff removed from the other house. Hire movers to take pared down furniture and many, many boxes to other house. Come back down and maybe stay at hotel or residence inn while the interior painting, new carpets, mulch and other items are going on. I believe the realtor and their work crews will take care of most of that. It is still a lot of moving pieces. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did anyone else see the news yesterday about the semi-truck that was dangling over the side of a bridge in Louisville?  Thankfully there rescued the driver.

ca6e1464f149b41e968c77c69034486a9fe11cd5750ecca1efd6051001c0472b.thumb.webp.1b11e42a4a8329770f1c60d3ed6bbd34.webp

She can thank that bridge structure for saving her life with how it pinned the trailer.  Next the firefighter, and most importantly the kingpin that holds the truck to the trailer. Had that released she and the truck would have been long gone with the trailer remaining.  

Time to thank the lord and buy a lotto ticket. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My Cousin Vinny was just on E!  I could watch that movie over and over.  Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci are so good.  

I just watched it this week also, not on E on hbo or one of the other movie channels. There are some movies I can watch over and over , one of my favorites is a stupid movie but love it ‘The water boy’ 

@BonTexasNY all the best for your surgery & I hope your daughter’s symptoms stabilise. I have a close friend with MS who has infusions twice a year. Great that your daughter has such a positive outlook.

@firefly333 all the best for your skin checks.  DH lost his mum to melanoma at 15 &  as someone who goes through what you do, I appreciate the advances in skin cancer checks & treatments.

@Sunshine3601 hope the meds kick in for you ear and you can enjoy the cruise & cocktails to the fullest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Had a rare day in the city today, I don’t go in very often these days.  We visited the Banksy exhibition on at the Town Hall, then walked over to the Art Gallery of NSW - my friend hadnt seen the “new” extension, then a walk through the Botanical Gardens and down to Circular Quay.  Ship of the day was the Carnival Splendour (so need to take a photo to post here).  A very pleasant day out with nice weather.0CD77DF9-E4B2-4C4B-9753-2E02EB6DF3D3.thumb.jpeg.2dc84e288f21d7bc59d8ac23ebea92ab.jpeg

• Like 13

@DaniDanielle Marietta, I’m so sorry for the passing of your friend.  

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, I hope your ear is doing better and have a great cruise!

@jmh2006 & @Momof3gurlz Enjoy your cruise, Jennifer & Dave and Deb & Andy!

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, so nice to hear from you.  Best wishes to your daughter.  She sounds like an amazing person.  Prayers for her and for your umbilical hernia surgery.

@Luckynana The new parents are doing fine.  It’s a lot of stuff to learn.  It was sad to leave after our visit.  I wish we could live closer so I could be of more help to them.  Thanks for asking, Maryann.

This is for @Jimbo.  Jimbo’s Natural Foods - an organic grocery store very similar to Whole Foods.  There are a bunch of eateries, breweries and wine bars in the Sky Deck above the market.  

IMG_8870.thumb.jpeg.01c1049b2456a6a002afb9607e5bd9aa.jpeg

For our last night with the kids, we ate at a Thai restaurant in the Sky Deck above Jimbo’s.  

Food was excellent.  So delicious!  One of the dishes:  Braised Beef Panang Curry

IMG_8878.thumb.jpeg.ec452a3e5cd7e775ed398556d9dfc18c.jpeg

Red Curry with Duck

IMG_8877.thumb.jpeg.5fa6501d64713a2a06f6683b50428b7b.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta, I’m so sorry for the passing of your friend.  

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, I hope your ear is doing better and have a great cruise!

@jmh2006 & @Momof3gurlz Enjoy your cruise, Jennifer & Dave and Deb & Andy!

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, so nice to hear from you.  Best wishes to your daughter.  She sounds like an amazing person.  Prayers for her and for your umbilical hernia surgery.

@Luckynana The new parents are doing fine.  It’s a lot of stuff to learn.  It was sad to leave after our visit.  I wish we could live closer so I could be of more help to them.  Thanks for asking, Maryann.

This is for @Jimbo.  Jimbo’s Natural Foods - an organic grocery store very similar to Whole Foods.  There are a bunch of eateries, breweries and wine bars in the Sky Deck above the market.  

IMG_8870.thumb.jpeg.01c1049b2456a6a002afb9607e5bd9aa.jpeg

For our last night with the kids, we ate at a Thai restaurant in the Sky Deck above Jimbo’s.  

Food was excellent.  So delicious!  One of the dishes:  Braised Beef Panang Curry

IMG_8878.thumb.jpeg.ec452a3e5cd7e775ed398556d9dfc18c.jpeg

Red Curry with Duck

IMG_8877.thumb.jpeg.5fa6501d64713a2a06f6683b50428b7b.jpeg

Glad to hear the new parents are doing good, and hope the grandparents, you all are also doing well. Looks like good food.

Up coughing, I guess I'll have to make time to see that new doctor referral. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601  Bon Voyage, Debbie and Eric!! 🛳️  Enjoy your Winter getaway!

I hope you are feeling relief since you are on your meds now!

Thank you

After 2 doses of antibiotics my ear is feeling slightly better.  

All packed and ready. 

Chris is driving us to port.  He should be here by 10:30

• Like 12

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And I'm telling myself if my house here sells on time I can get a hotel room. Worse comes to worse I could stay with my sister lol if things run over. 

The buyer I met thru next door where someone bought the house next door to flip. The guy who introduced himself has told me 5 different things about this girl who is buying it. I had to take the survey to the title company and met the closing agent lol and she too has questions. She said she thinks he is married. I said well something is going on because I talked to her 945 pm friday night and he was over her place, she put him on the phone. Idk if he was actually a owner or just a worker next door, dont know what to believe. He also said he wasnt a flipper but then they fixed it up and put it right up for sale. If she doesnt qualify and cant buy it I'll call one of those we buy for cash and still clear out. It was just funny it struck her too that stuff wasnt ringing true. Though I think she is sincere about wanting to buy. Idk about her "friend". She is cute as a button and beautiful. 

If they are married and are property flippers, would that matter to you as long as they are purchasing home for a price you are happy with.

I personally would avoid those buy for cash ads.  They will low ball their offers.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you

After 2 doses of antibiotics my ear is feeling slightly better.  

All packed and ready. 

Chris is driving us to port.  He should be here by 10:30

Sis, put some vicks around the ear and back of it if it hurts. I keep Vicks with me when I travel. Magic potion for everything! A Canadian cruising friend suggested it and now I am a believer.

Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 4

For my favorite Dad Joke friend and anyone who needs a smile and a hug 😁🥰:

Did you hear about the man who had a one minute birthday this year?
It was his Sixty Second Birthday.

• Haha 13

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

20240302_184120.thumb.jpg.adaf217f2201ac906c5a0d07c75767f2.jpg

That flamingo peeking out of the corner...... I have something similar in aqua blue with the same dangling pink bead "feathers".

Would love to hear your thoughts on virgin cruises. Have a fun time!

• Like 1

Have a great week everyone.   We will be off line for most of the week.  Leaving for Halifax soon to catch an early flight to an AI in Cuba for the week.  Apparently no wifi in rooms buildings but there is in the lobby and common areas.  So I might be able to check in once in a while.  It's our first AI, as we usually choose to cruise instead... as I assume most people in this group as well 😉

dp

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Have a great week everyone.   We will be off line for most of the week.  Leaving for Halifax soon to catch an early flight to an AI in Cuba for the week.  Apparently no wifi in rooms buildings but there is in the lobby and common areas.  So I might be able to check in once in a while.  It's our first AI, as we usually choose to cruise instead... as I assume most people in this group as well 😉

dp

Have a great time. I will be interested in hearing all about it when you get back.

• Like 1