Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Hoping someone can help since I'm frustrated. I've been trying to organize my photos from our Virgin cruise. I want to move them to a folder and have them stay there in the order that I move them there. Example - I took pictures of their A Glance Of The Day aka their Cruise Compass. I took the pictures of them at the same time, but I'm trying to move them and put each one with the pictures from that day. They just keep moving to being in a group (since they were taken at the same time) and not staying with the pictures from that day. I have a Galaxy S20 FE.

These are the orders that I can put them in, but none of them work the way I want them to. I've tried several times the last several days and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 😡

Screenshot_20240315_003057_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6f98467106ac8ad02db26289ad23a9ed.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my darling grandson Brody's 16th birthday.  

My, how 15 years flew!

Glad to say his table manners have improved.

I never heard of a "smash cake" until I had grandkids.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ba14537b2825da5c8165a61d41bff16.jpeg

Happy birthday to your grandson Brody.  All of our grandkids had those smash cakes for their first birthdays.  I will say that those years fly by.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My, how 15 years flew!

@BonTexasNY.

Happy 16th birthday to your grandson Brody.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We've had an extremely wet winter with rain most days. But molly still needs daily walks.  Yesterday we had a rare few hours of sunshine at a National Trust property about an hours drive from us. Petworth House and grounds.  It has a large deer park with a big herd of deer as well as gardens and an amazing collection of paintings including many Van Dyck and Turners.  Only disappointment was lunch was not up to the usual NT standard.

Looking out over the Deer park. Zoom in to see the herd

20240314_122902.thumb.jpg.2f7d400be96f826dbc734778ff18ab58.jpg

close up of the deer 🦌 

20240314_123048.thumb.jpg.f6a3c93b5ff0933aa4c1ff079fbdaa6f.jpg

the house. Only about a third was open to the public , the family still live in a wing of the house.

20240314_131655_resized.thumb.jpg.dedb2323e0fad167a621e6b2b94f0206.jpg

the Chapel, parts of it are from the 13th century 

20240314_155441.thumb.jpg.90c1b08e3b02eeae9ea1bf8a87b4ae14.jpg

Petworth, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/sussex/petworth

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We've had an extremely wet winter with rain most days. But molly still needs daily walks.  Yesterday we had a rare few hours of sunshine at a National Trust property about an hours drive from us. Petworth House and grounds.  It has a large deer park with a big herd of deer as well as gardens and an amazing collection of paintings including many Van Dyck and Turners.  Only disappointment was lunch was not up to the usual NT standard.

Looking out over the Deer park. Zoom in to see the herd

20240314_122902.thumb.jpg.2f7d400be96f826dbc734778ff18ab58.jpg

close up of the deer 🦌 

20240314_123048.thumb.jpg.f6a3c93b5ff0933aa4c1ff079fbdaa6f.jpg

the house. Only about a third was open to the public , the family still live in a wing of the house.

20240314_131655_resized.thumb.jpg.dedb2323e0fad167a621e6b2b94f0206.jpg

the Chapel, parts of it are from the 13th century 

20240314_155441.thumb.jpg.90c1b08e3b02eeae9ea1bf8a87b4ae14.jpg

Petworth, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/sussex/petworth

Beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.

Great that they permit dogs on the grounds.

• Like 1

Daughter had an unplanned smash cake for her 3rd birthday. We had a large group of kids celebrating in a park in Adelaide and another child managed to lean on and squash the Dorothy the Dinosaur cake  just before I served it. Not good for photos but still tasted delicious…

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hoping someone can help since I'm frustrated. I've been trying to organize my photos from our Virgin cruise. I want to move them to a folder and have them stay there in the order that I move them there. Example - I took pictures of their A Glance Of The Day aka their Cruise Compass. I took the pictures of them at the same time, but I'm trying to move them and put each one with the pictures from that day. They just keep moving to being in a group (since they were taken at the same time) and not staying with the pictures from that day. I have a Galaxy S20 FE.

These are the orders that I can put them in, but none of them work the way I want them to. I've tried several times the last several days and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 😡

Screenshot_20240315_003057_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6f98467106ac8ad02db26289ad23a9ed.jpg

If I understand what you have done, is you took your pictures of their cruise compass all on the same date (say March 10), and you want to have them ordered with the photos taken on their actual dates (say March 2, March 3, etc.)

What you may want to try, is to change the date on the pictures of their cruise compass, to match the date of the pictures you want them to display with.  

I use Apple products, but one of these methods may work with your Galaxy.  On my iPhone, if I swipe upon the photo, it gives a basic list of metadata. On mine, it gives me an option there to adjust the date and time of the photo.    If you have that option available on Galaxy, adjust the date of the cruise compass photo to the date of the photos you want it ordered with.  Then, when you sort on date taken, or date modified (depending on how it works on your Galaxy) they should be in order.

If your photos app doesn’t give you the option to modify the dates, you could look at an app like EXIF viewer.  It will let you modify dates, as well as many other attributes in photos.   

Hope one of these works for you. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

If I understand, you took all of the Glance Of The Day photos for all days at the same time...maybe on day 7.  You want to change the date of your Glance Of The Day photos so that it seems like the day 1 Glance Of The Day photos were actually taken on day 1 and can then be organized with other pictures from day 1.  If that's correct, there's not a simple way to do that in Windows, but there are a few options.  I'm assuming that you're using Windows but if not, there may be similar options for MacOS.  I'm not a Mac guy.

Option 1 is to download 3rd party software that can edit the properties of a Windows file.  Using the 3rd party software, you would change the "date created" value of your picture files.

If you don't want to use 3rd party software, option 2 is to do something similar in Windows but you will need to sort differently.  In Windows, open File Explorer and right-click on one of the files that you want to re-date.  Click on Properties.  In the dialog box that opens, click on the Details tab at the top.  A few rows down, you'll see Date Taken.  You can click on the date value shown there and change it.  You can either type in a new date or click on the little calendar icon and pick a date from the calendar.  

The issue with this approach is that Windows files have several different date related properties.  Date taken is not the same as date created or date modified (or date acquired, or date last saved...etc.).  The date created and date modified values will stay the same.  You would then need to sort your photos based on the date taken value, which requires a few extra steps.  In File Explorer, select Details from the Views drop down at the top.  This will typically give you a list of the files with information on the file name, size, type, and date created/date modified.  Right click on an empty area to the right of the column titles in this view and you'll see a list of properties that you can display, with a check next to the properties that are currently being shown.  Click on More at the bottom of the list and you'll see dozens and dozens of file properties that you can show.  Scroll down to Date Taken and click on it.  Date Taken will now be listed and you can sort on Date Taken to keep your Glance of the Day photos with your other photos from the same day.  This isn't quite as complicated as it sounds, but it's not simple either.

Option 3 is to rename your photo files.  Put something like "Day 1-" at the beginning of all day 1 photos, including your Glance of the Day photos.  You then sort based on Name and your photos should be grouped correctly.  Since picture files are usually numbered sequentially, photos from the same day will still be listed within that day in the order that they were taken.  This isn't hard but can be a lot of work, depending on how many pictures you have.  There are also 3rd party software programs that can do this in bulk, i.e. pick all photos from day 1 (including the Glance of the Day) and put "Day 1-" in front of all of them.

Sorry I can't think of anything easier.

Edit - Looks like Mark and I replied at the same time.  Between his Apple answer and my Windows answer, hopefully we have you covered.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

Renee - If you're doing everything on your Samsung phone, ignore everything that I said above about Windows.  Do what Mark said and change the photo date directly on your phone.  That should be much simpler.  This is for an S23 but it's probably very similar for you:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My, how 15 years flew!

Happy birthday to your grandson,Bonnie

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My, how 15 years flew!

Happy 16th Brody! My how time flies.

10 hours ago, George C said:

He ended his set with “Brother to Brother “ set was only a hour , he had 7 musicians backing him up , not sure but I believe two were from his band . I really didn’t know any songs but my wife loved it . I believe I already told you , he was going to quit the business and go back to Canada when he waited in front of A&M music and convinced Herb Albert to give him a chance . Fabulous first day ended the day listening to a Canadian solo artist who we really enjoy ( she has been on this cruise last few years) great covers of Springsteen, Petty and others . Will post a couple of pictures later. 

Thanks George! I wish I could have seen him. He’s still got it. Tremendous singer. Not surprised he brought a couple of his band members. His arrangements are intricate and complex. My guess is at least he brought his keyboard player. Not sure who else. Thanks for the review.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If I understand what you have done, is you took your pictures of their cruise compass all on the same date (say March 10), and you want to have them ordered with the photos taken on their actual dates (say March 2, March 3, etc.)

What you may want to try, is to change the date on the pictures of their cruise compass, to match the date of the pictures you want them to display with.  

I use Apple products, but one of these methods may work with your Galaxy.  On my iPhone, if I swipe upon the photo, it gives a basic list of metadata. On mine, it gives me an option there to adjust the date and time of the photo.    If you have that option available on Galaxy, adjust the date of the cruise compass photo to the date of the photos you want it ordered with.  Then, when you sort on date taken, or date modified (depending on how it works on your Galaxy) they should be in order.

If your photos app doesn’t give you the option to modify the dates, you could look at an app like EXIF viewer.  It will let you modify dates, as well as many other attributes in photos.   

Hope one of these works for you. 

On Android I just checked with a photo on my phone. You can edit the date and time exactly as you described. Open the photo, swipe up and tap "edit". The rest is very easy looking at the screen. 

• Like 2

Invited a few people to our suite this morning, then Poblo Cruise concert at 1pm , then sushi restaurant, 6:30 Foreigner , then dinner at Le Petit Chef , followed by a Carol King , James Taylor cover band , busy day.

photo from last night, need to buy a real camera before next years cruise.

image.jpeg.bb950f0bc5d6389752e3904552097075.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

@firefly333

Jane, Best of luck for Monday.

Yea I just sorted out the 2 out of 3 eye drops I start today. 4 weeks. Wow. It sure will be cutting it close to get both eyes done before i drive across the country.

No eye rubbing or heavy lifting or bending. Idk i wonder if driving counts as bending? Lifting? I'm sorting and picking up boxes and moving. I do think my night vision is compromised so I wanted to get it done before I moved. Sounds like I shouldnt be moving boxes and sorting. Starting  Monday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy 16th Brody! My how time flies.

Thanks George! I wish I could have seen him. He’s still got it. Tremendous singer. Not surprised he brought a couple of his band members. His arrangements are intricate and complex. My guess is at least he brought his keyboard player. Not sure who else. Thanks for the review.

I believe he brought one or two guitar players, he played drums on a couple of songs which I thought was cool . 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, George C said:

I believe he brought one or two guitar players, he played drums on a couple of songs which I thought was cool . 

I would have loved to see that. I knew he started out playing drums. His brother Joe who doesn’t perform with him now on keyboards is an incredible musician.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Daughter had an unplanned smash cake for her 3rd birthday. We had a large group of kids celebrating in a park in Adelaide and another child managed to lean on and squash the Dorothy the Dinosaur cake  just before I served it. Not good for photos but still tasted delicious…

Happy 3rd birthday to your dear granddaughter.

3rd-birthday-45.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The sort that you have selected will sort based on when you made changes to or modified your pics.  

Here is what I do.... Make folders for each day and then group those folders into one, the ship folder.  

Screenshot_20240315_100712_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c3964fb5b74a979494dd4020c53a30bb.jpg

The easy way to sort is to go to Gallery and click pictures.   Go to the day that you want and you can select the whole day after selecting one pic.

Screenshot_20240315_103059_Gallery.thumb.jpg.334d53de4ca5ee5e3fa73850d849477f.jpg

After creating the day folders you can group them together by going to albums, click the + at the top then select group. 

Screenshot_20240315_101601_Gallery.thumb.jpg.70d0b9fad7252debbda8cf41d3f61c1a.jpg

If you forget a day you can create a new folder in the group folder. 

Once done you can move pics from one folder to the the other such as the A Glance Of The Day pics.

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1