Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I sailed on Liberty last year in an Aft Jr. Suite on deck 7.  We enjoyed the ship.  All good.

Liberty was one of our favorites.  We sailed in an aft balcony with the huge balcony and had the best cabin steward.  It is like Explorer but bigger.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Good thing that we didn’t bet on the Kentucky Derby.

Sierra Leone and Fierceness were favored and there was much talk about them on the pre race show. Hardly a mention of Mystik Dan.

None of the horses we chose made a great showing. Just a Touch finished last. 
Well, there is the Preakness next. And, maybe the Yankees will win today.

On another note, we were at a friends’ house last night for the Derby and dinner. One of the couples just returned from a cruise on the Anthem. While onboard,they booked another cruise for next May on Liberty of the Seas.

I have not read much about that ship on CC. Has anyone sailed on that ship ? We are think8ng of joining them along with some other friends. The itinerary looks good- Bermuda and Puerto Rico are a few of the ports,plus it is a nine day cruise.

Any info would be appreciated.

MJ👩🏻

January 2008 we sailed on Liberty from New York to the Caribbean and back to New York.

We had a great time but it was 16 years ago.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

I need to teach everyone to knit.  Perfect for down time with no internet needed.

Sounds like a good idea for the Bella Cruisers!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Sierra Leone and Fierceness were favored and there was much talk about them on the pre race show. Hardly a mention of Mystik Dan.

On another note, we were at a friends’ house last night for the Derby and dinner. One of the couples just returned from a cruise on the Anthem. While onboard,they booked another cruise for next May on Liberty of the Seas.

I have not read much about that ship on CC. Has anyone sailed on that ship ? We are think8ng of joining them along with some other friends. The itinerary looks good- Bermuda and Puerto Rico are a few of the ports,plus it is a nine day cruise.

MJ👩🏻

Liberty was our first Royal ship (hence my screen name).  Loved it.  Caused us to get hooked on Royal and also try Freedom and Explorer.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi, we liked Liberty. We stayed in a spacious OV balcony on deck 9. I believe it was also a 9 day cruise (Bermuda, Labadee, and 2 ports in DR). 

We are not huge fans of the shows on most ships, but really enjoyed Saturday Night Fever. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

MJ👩🏻

We sailed Liberty a couple of times when it sailed from Galveston, very nice ship , we did ours in grand suite. They have a nice play “Saturday Night Fever”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our Twin daughters are celebrating their birthdays today!  Melanie is driving home from packing up most of our granddaughter's college dorm possessions at URI.  Judy requested tacos for dinner, perhaps since today is Cinco de Mayo.😊

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOUR DAUGHTERS  🎉💐🎉💐    I hope they are both having a great day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

MJ👩🏻

Just know if you book a JS on the aft on deck 7 like @Luckynana mentioned those cabins are kind of dug out into the back of the hull and get No sun  whats so ever. If you like lots of shade they are okay, also being in those cabins you can not look straight down to the ocean either. There is like a dance floor area outside your balcony below.

If you are to book one of those cabins book on the aft facing the wake either #7708 or #7408 is the one to pick. Those are regular size cabins but have the larger balconies on the entire ship, even including the suites.

These balconies also allow you to look to the sides of the ship too because there is a large open like port hole opening to look through. Really a nice cabin for the reduced price compared to a JS.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Liberty was our first Royal ship (hence my screen name).  Loved it.  Caused us to get hooked on Royal and also try Freedom and Explorer.

Explorer was our first RCI cruise. Got us hooked on RCI.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Check this out, we drove  Sunset beach to look around on the way back we went trough Shallotte, NC and saw a tree that is over 2000 years old.

Here are the Pictures I took and a video I found about the tree.

https://www.wral.com/video/lifestyles/travel/video/12575149/

The tree is huge.

20240505_125646.jpg

20240505_125627.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just know if you book a JS on the aft on deck 7 like @Luckynana mentioned those cabins are kind of dug out into the back of the hull and get No sun  whats so ever. If you like lots of shade they are okay, also being in those cabins you can not look straight down to the ocean either. There is like a dance floor area outside your balcony below.

If you are to book one of those cabins book on the aft facing the wake either #7708 or #7408 is the one to pick. Those are regular size cabins but have the larger balconies on the entire ship, even including the suites.

These balconies also allow you to look to the sides of the ship too because there is a large open like port hole opening to look through. Really a nice cabin for the reduced price compared to a JS.

I agree cabins 7408 or 7708 are great with the large corner balcony.   @MJSailors   If you like a OV Balcony and either one of these is available.   There are nice but do tend to sell out quick.   Here is a video I found online.    

https://www.google.com/search?q=liberty+of+the+seas+cabin+7408+photos&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS1040US1040&oq=liberty+of+the+seas+cabin+7408+photos&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigATIHCAMQIRigATIHCAQQIRigATIHCAUQIRigAdIBCDcxMzNqMGo3qAIIsAIB&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#vhid=2auGHJXiySQCcM&vssid=l

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Check this out, we drove  Sunset beach to look around on the way back we went trough Shallotte, NC and saw a tree that is over 2000 years old.

Here are the Pictures I took and a video I found about the tree.

20240505_125646.jpg

20240505_125627.jpg

Beautiful tree!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

From here also🎂

Thank you, Marietta! 🌺  Btw, love your early Mother's Day gift.😉

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Maryann, wishing Melanie and Judy a very happy birthday 💐

Thank you, Dani!😘

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOUR DAUGHTERS  🎉💐🎉💐    I hope they are both having a great day!

Thank you, Debbie!🥰

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our Twin daughters are celebrating their birthdays today!  Melanie is driving home from packing up most of our granddaughter's college dorm possessions at URI.  Judy requested tacos for dinner, perhaps since today is Cinco de Mayo.😊

Happy birthday to your daughters.  

So much going on the last couple days, it has been hard keeping up here.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some pictures of our North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher visit.

Otters were so cute swimming around, my Wife wanted to take one home.

20240504_095915.jpg

20240504_100008.jpg

20240504_100012.jpg

20240504_100345.jpg

Even had one that was an albino.

20240504_100450.jpg

20240504_100612.jpg

20240504_100650.jpg

One huge shark in this large tank

20240504_100943.jpg

Resized_20240504_100942_1714847607625.jpeg

Resized_20240504_100944_1714847621457.jpeg

Stingray

20240504_101248.jpg

20240504_101332.jpg

Hammerhead Shark

20240504_101904.jpg

20240504_102246.jpg

20240504_102254.jpg

Gift Shop

20240504_102220.jpg

Outside Snack Bar with tables

20240504_103419.jpg

This was outside showing the height the water got after a hurricane at this point around the aquarium.

20240504_105817.jpg

Highest height was back in 1954 Hurricane Hazel. like 17 ft.

20240504_105830.jpg

20240504_110223.jpg

Those hurricane water levels had to be terrifying!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Voyager of the seas in 2004 was our first RCI cruise.

Our first of 20 cruises on rccl was sovereign of the seas in 1988, also got engaged on that ship in 1990. Started cruising in inside cabins now nothing but suites.

• Like 2