Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For those that watch Below Deck do you remember Camille the stew that dated Ben?   Surfing TV and I just saw she is now on a realty show called Lovers and Liars. 

Seems perfect for her😆

Also, she was a contestant on American Idol in 2021.   

Are the crew and/or passengers on BD real or are the professional reality show "stars"?

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The kids seem a lot better but my daughter is still dealing with a lot. She misses him, they were together 23 years so it makes sense.  Thank you so much for your support.

I was hesitant to respond at first but I just wanted to say that I wish I had some advice or words of wisdom to provide. But I don't. Unfortunately , she's in a club that nobody wants to be part of and it's hard for others to understand what it's like. Everyone grieves in there own way but hopefully she has support from family, in-laws, friends or professionals. Sometimes seeking out someone in a similar situation could help. 

All my best to her and to you too! I'm sure it's not easy on you to see her struggle.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@A&L_Ont Might need your help. On June 1st.     I will be at the Charlotte Knights  game (Triple A team for the Chicago White Sox's) in Charlotte. NC. at Truist Field

Truist Field - Charlotte Retirement Community

Saturday Game at 1pm (Bark in the Park Day)

Here is the food lineup:

https://www.milb.com/charlotte-knights/news/a-complete-guide-to-food-and-drink-options-at-knights-games

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Are the crew and/or passengers on BD real or are the professional reality show "stars"?

They are actual yacht crew as they have to be licensed . Because of their gaining popularity some are asked to do other shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is crazy.  Kindergarten was not even mandatory back in my day.  I remember when my older daughter started kindergarten they had just gone to full days!  I thought what could they do with them all day, but she left there reading and writing.

I just turned 5 when I started Kindergarten. I barely remember it. I think it was only 1/2 day & I'm pretty sure all we did was draw, play games, have story time, take a nap & try to learn how to socialize with others.  I don't think I was "taught" anything. Or maybe I was and it wasn't memorable. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@HBE4It is hard as a mom to see your child hurting.  I probably mentioned this but out of our four kids she is the nicest, sweetest one, a people pleaser.  She didn’t deserve this, not that anyone does.  Unfortunately, I told her we have to play the hand we are dealt and she is 

going on with her life.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was hesitant to respond at first but I just wanted to say that I wish I had some advice or words of wisdom to provide. But I don't. Unfortunately , she's in a club that nobody wants to be part of and it's hard for others to understand what it's like. Everyone grieves in there own way but hopefully she has support from family, in-laws, friends or professionals. Sometimes seeking out someone in a similar situation could help. 

All my best to her and to you too! I'm sure it's not easy on you to see her struggle.

@HBE4

H., so nicely said. Every word 👍

@DaniDanielle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I like Mac n Cheese, but never could figure out that Cheese Curd Poutine stuff, so stay away from that stuff!

Would go for the Triple Play Tenders followed up with a Soft Pretzel with a Michelob Ultra.

Then go for a Smash Burger  with the Truffle Mac N Cheese with Lobster.

Sweets... Dolce Gelato (Pistachio)

We have had almost all of your suggestions. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Drinking age at 18 was interesting.  We had a lot of New Jersey visitors back in the day!

MJ, enjoy your visit with your friends.

When I turned 18, the drinking age in NY was still 18. One of the local bars - now long gone - never checked ID's so plenty of their customers were 16 or 17. Local law enforcement wasn't all that strict. There would be 1 or 2 police cars in the parking lot at closing time but there were there just to make sure drunken brawls didn't break out or that people didn't smashed glass in the parking lot. DWI wasn't really enforced either other than warnings "to be careful"

Three months after I turned 18, the drinking age was raised to 19.  Because I "looked more mature" for my age, I was rarely "proofed" as we called it, i.e. show ID, "Carded", etc.

When I turned 19, I could legally drink for 3 months until NY raised the drinking age again, to 21. This time, bars were serious about checking ID's and DWI's were fortunately becoming more strictly enforced. I still had a 50-50 success rate getting into bars but since many of my friends couldn't, I stopped going.

Oh and bar with the 16/17 year old customers went out of business shortly after the drinking age was raised to 21 since most of their customers were under 21 to begin with.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jays game tonight. First pitch at 7:07. 

IMG_5489.thumb.jpeg.e2578284d526c33f33f7ade1a8a3a62d.jpeg

@Jimbo pick your included food.   Anyone can play. We already destroyed a few off the menu. 🤩

IMG_5482.thumb.jpeg.8f325f441d57ed55fdef06582b6d2a06.jpeg

IMG_5483.thumb.jpeg.65671f341f112507b9e8c3c53613e891.jpeg

IMG_5484.thumb.jpeg.fc6968c4082559609fa17b8ecad43be6.jpeg

Andrew, I don't know what you went for, but for me,  I'd have:

Ballpark Poutine, Grilled Chicken Panini, and both a Pistachio, as well as a Coconut, Dolce Gelato!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All I heard was how hot the stadium got after the game ....... I heard it started getting hot right after all the fans left.  😆 

That’s right, I thought of you when I saw this sign today. 

IMG_1153.thumb.jpeg.5b3ec0cfd3cbf8dd922d59a4d47a2fb6.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jays game tonight. First pitch at 7:07. 

IMG_5489.thumb.jpeg.e2578284d526c33f33f7ade1a8a3a62d.jpeg

@Jimbo pick your included food.   Anyone can play. We already destroyed a few off the menu. 🤩

IMG_5482.thumb.jpeg.8f325f441d57ed55fdef06582b6d2a06.jpeg

IMG_5483.thumb.jpeg.65671f341f112507b9e8c3c53613e891.jpeg

IMG_5484.thumb.jpeg.fc6968c4082559609fa17b8ecad43be6.jpeg

Starter will be Snow Fries.

Mains (since it's plural) will be Smash Burger and Grilled Chicken Panini (to be healthy)   with Truffle Mac & Cheese as a side dish

Treat will be back to Ballpark Poutine as that's my idea of a treat. 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Maryann,

Literally "scratching my head", but couldn't find an equivalent for "naches" in English.... So glad Jack is bringing you and all the family so much "naches" 😘

naches -- 

the Yiddish dictionary says it's either a pleasure, or gaining satisfaction, the proud enjoyment of something or to derive pleasure from something. It can mean different things to different people. Naches is generally referred to as "love" or "joy"

Dani, thank you so much for your kind words.  "Naches" describes our proud enjoyment and love of Jack perfectly!  I love learning so much from you, as well as from @BonTexasNYBonnie, and @lenquixote66 Lenny, with regard to your customs as well as words from the Yiddish dictionary.

Love you, Dani!❤️  Can't wait to meet you next year!🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow, we are going to a surprise 70th birthday party for one of our friends.  So, today, I had to make a cake for the gift.  

I love it how my wife says” Oh, we should make this”, then she says “you can figure out how to do it” 

Finished by trial and error, with a couple trips to the craft store.  

IMG_1154.thumb.jpeg.aab31076d94d0c680d9cc14f3a99a8c7.jpeg

• Like 26

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@A&L_Ont Might need your help. On June 1st.     I will be at the Charlotte Knights  game (Triple A team for the Chicago White Sox's) in Charlotte. NC. at Truist Field

Here is the food lineup:

https://www.milb.com/charlotte-knights/news/a-complete-guide-to-food-and-drink-options-at-knights-games

I'm going to have to bounce around the stadium for this one. Which is a good thing, burns calories and helps digestion.

The fries look really tasty so maybe the chicken sandwich from Flashpoint Grill (sec 105/123)

Then, grab some Funnel Fries from Sweets in Sec 112 on the way to Steakadelphia (sec 117) for Philly Cheese steak.

That's pre-game.  Once the game starts, take a break, have a few beers to cleanse the palate and then nibble on a pizza from Hungry Howies. Probably personal size so it shouldn't be filling.

Around the 4th inning, walk past Frankx - they look too messy to be ball park food - and grab a Pulled Pork sandwich with Mac-n-Cheese (back to sec 112).  Cause, you know, that's not going to be messy😉

Finally, just before closing time - is it sill 7th inning?? - grab some Street Taco's from Sala's (sec 116). That's good for mopping up any residue alcohol in the stomach.

Make sure you take an antacid before & after the game.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

And I wonder why I gain 5 pounds every time I go to a game.

People will say it's impossible but my scale doesn't lie & I weight myself every day. Take a good 3-4 days to return to normal.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Tomorrow, we are going to a surprise 70th birthday party for one of our friends.  So, today, I had to make a cake for the gift.  

I love it how my wife says” Oh, we should make this”, then she says “you can figure out how to do it” 

Finished by trial and error, with a couple trips to the craft store.  

IMG_1154.thumb.jpeg.aab31076d94d0c680d9cc14f3a99a8c7.jpeg

Beautifully thought of and done!!!  You are so creative, Mark!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We disembark tomorrow. Short 6 day cruise and enjoyed a lot. Very nice ship. Food is really great....far superior than Royals food. We have been reading reports of noise in cabins, but ours is peaceful and we have not heard disturbing banging or creaking noises. 

We are thankful to be able to cruise.

I can't believe this is already ending.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

@HBE4It is hard as a mom to see your child hurting.  I probably mentioned this but out of our four kids she is the nicest, sweetest one, a people pleaser.  She didn’t deserve this, not that anyone does.  Unfortunately, I told her we have to play the hand we are dealt and she is 

going on with her life.

None of us can comprehend the grand plan. Hopefully, someday it will all make sense.  This is a tough world to navigate if one does not have faith in God. It is a tough world to navigate even with faith. I truly believe that some day the incomprehensible will all make sense. Until then we all have to walk the path that was designed for each of us. I think about you and your family often...

That's all I've got right now.😐

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here is the food lineup:

Let us know what was good.  There is a good possibility we will be there later this summer.   It would be fun to see the Triple A team for our White Sox (we are huge Sox fans).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Watching hockey & Numbing the mind a bit tonight…

Pretty sure I saw a guy wearing a NY Rangers jersey sitting on the seats  behind the Bruins bench up in Boston.  I think he was having a mind-numbing moment.  😉😇

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Latest Bourbon acquisition.  Cheers

Watching hockey & Numbing the mind a bit tonight…

IMG_3219.thumb.jpeg.6a97038f3c09b3f610952218940f1afa.jpeg

IMG_3221.thumb.jpeg.7bee53415c468f33fb6faab858750f83.jpeg

Those are all winners! Love the Eagle Rare and 1792. I’ve only had the Redwood Empire Rye which was very good.

• Like 2