Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hmmmm, after looking at their avitar, I am leery of responding.   

IMG_1252.thumb.jpeg.8a3abe24a434bb5179fb7c3a8091ce93.jpeg

Although I have been known to play well with others.   Just not the pineapple way. 😂

What did you say that caused them to want to chat? 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was wondering the same thing. @h20skibum must be sending out mixed signals 😁😉

• Like 1

I talked to my realtor today whom imo is top notch or I woukdnt have trusted him to help me buy a sight u seen condo. He had a good suggestion, though maybe kinda late to do much good.

When we first priced out the move a dedicated truck was $1500 extra. Of course optimistic me assumed the truck would be soon behind me, I didnt know a tornado coming and they couldnt transfer my stuff to a shared truck. And somehow I didnt hear the up to 12 BUSINESS days it might take. You all know what hotels on friday and saturday night cost near cocoa beach.

He said I should look around for a bed at least, if not a whole bedroom set. I planned to actually buy 2 more bedroom sets. I see all these commercials for purple and other mattresses. The day I was leaving my bil offered his purple mattress to me free, just as I was leaving. Lol of course. 

But for up to 3 weeks in a hotel it could have gone a long way toward buying a bedroom set, though I'm still not even sure what kind of mattress I might want. This one is orgwnic or that one etc. I just had no idea I'd still be in a hotel maybe even next week. I could sleep there if I had a bed. I got a quilt and 2 pillows with me in the car I brought. Plus a few throws. Maybe a nice bedroom set $1500 isn't a drop in the bucket. I see commercials in Dallas all the time for Nebraska something or other, dont see any furniture sales on tv here so far.

I called slecturm and said ok I'll pay for you to install. That poor guy today spent a hour. He looked in every closet and place he could tho I of  o wires. The  ain bedroom tv connection is dead. He finally hooked it up wifi. Got my newish samsung in the living room and for unknown reasons put the router in the corner of the 3rd bedroom to have something to connect to that was live.

I hadnt planned on looking for new furniture this soon but that money could go a ways I assume toward a new mattress. Maybe beds cost a lot more than I know. Lol seems like everything costs a lot more than I expect. I dont even know what stores, google seems like a good place to start tomorrow and at least look and get a idea.

Idk if there is such a thing as tok many ceiling fans, but I'm pretty sure this is a record. Every room has the, 2 on the balcony. My master closet and master both have ceiling fans and right behind the master walk in closet there is like a 10 ft long linen closet and tub and separate show, small area, that even has a ceiling fan. I havent counted them but this seems a lot. Closets and bathrooms idk have separate ceiling fans. But I extended my hotel stay until friday. Just doing a few days at a time.  Says refundable but then says I have to cancel by midnight 24 hours in advance. Anyway the spectrummguy said no way this wifi and tv could have been self install if you arent technical so it's good I scheduled someone to come and install. 

My one little sling chair I bought yesterday, and water looks blue today. Yes this ceiling fan is in a closet with 5 feet behind where the toilet is another tiny ceiling fan. Seems unusual to me but what do I know.. to borrow I guess I'll goggle for stores that sell bedroom for future. I actually also want new larger living room furniture. Time to enjoy more. Just finding a starting pt and find how stuff gets delivered. Someone at the condo wants 24 hr notice to pad the elevator. Dont want to get him mad. Bad start. All my new neighbor's I've really liked so far. I think it's a great choice so far. 2nd picture is ceiling fan in my closet, also my bedroom and right behind the closet a tiny ceiling fan by the toilet area. ..of course the closet is now painted agreeable grey lol.

20240603_083330.jpg

20240603_100530.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/2/2024 at 6:51 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for Nashville?  We will be there 1 evening  on our way to FL.  Starting to look for a hotel and a place to eat/drink.  We probably won’t arrive until 4-5 Pm and will need to be back on the road early in the morning.  What would you do with 1 night in Nashville?

You have receive solid advice for all so far so I figured I'd add my .02 cents, taken with  grain of salt as I went once for a 6 day trip back in 2019. Not sure how much has changed in 5 years. 

Since you basically have a 12-14 hour window, I agree that staying near Broadway is your best bet for convenience. We stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown which is 2 blocks from the start (or end) of Broadway's nightlife district. It shares the same building and common areas/amenities with AC  Hotel Downtown and SpringHill Suites Downtown. Too bad hockey season is over because you have to walk right past Bridgestone Arena (home to Nashville Predators) to get to Broadway.

Since you can walk to the start of Broadway, I'd suggest go down the one side of the street to the end & come back the other side. Most of the smaller, more local places will have the windows & doors wide open so you can enjoy live music from the sidewalk. I had a few interesting  conversations with some of the local musicians when they were on break or waiting their turn on stage. I found the bigger, celebrity-owned places to be too crowded &  loud, even on a Monday or Tuesday night.  It seems to be always Saturday night in Nash-Vegas as some are calling it.  Expect to hear "Wagon Wheel" by Daruis Rucker and Shania Twains "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" every 15 minutes. At least, in 2019 that was the case.

One place I found interesting was called 6thandPeabody which is also within walking distance of the Residences Inn but not on Broadway.  It's a distillery, brewery, beer garden (with all the beer garden games), retail shop, beer & moonshine tasting, live music, big screen TV's for whatever major event, food and probably a few other things.  I never knew moonshine was a legal product that comes in many flavors, some really good, some disgusting.  I always thought it was something that was brewed in the back woods of the Appalachian Mountains by the boys from Dukes of Hazzard. 😉 So it was an educational experience as well.

https://6thandpeabody.com/

From what I'm told, Prince's Hot Chicken is the Nashville original and still the best Hot Chicken.  Since it was the only Nashville Hot Chicken I had there, I don't know if it's the best but it's far better than any Hot Chicken I had in non-Nashville locations.

https://www.princeshotchicken.com/

Now, the flavors (i.e. scale of hotness) ranges from plain, lite mild.....up to XXX Hot. Disclaimer: I'm of German-Irish decent and consider salt and pepper to be major spices but I know hot spicy food and I think they are grading on a curve. Even the plain had a good kick to it & the lite mild was pushing me to the limit.  Proceed cautiously.

Should you decide to spend the day, try Music City Rolling Jamboree is a fun, day time experience.

https://musiccityrollinjamboree.com/about/

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@SteelCityCruiser10

i used these 2 websites to do most of my research.

https://www.visitmusiccity.com/

https://nashvilleguru.com/

Thank you for all that great info!  I

was looking at the Westin which appears to be pretty close to Residence Inn.  

Definitely a shame it won’t be hockey season to catch a game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I have been searching the urban dictionary to see if I inadvertently said something in the posts.  

Yes, I was quoted on two different posts by them, on our roll call.  And at the bottom, after the ‘let’s chat’, it was just signed ‘Sting’

Maybe it is some kind of Message in a bottle.  Should I call the Police?

Edited by h20skibum
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I talked to my realtor today whom imo is top notch or I woukdnt have trusted him to help me buy a sight u seen condo. He had a good suggestion, though maybe kinda late to do much good.

When we first priced out the move a dedicated truck was $1500 extra. Of course optimistic me assumed the truck would be soon behind me, I didnt know a tornado coming and they couldnt transfer my stuff to a shared truck. And somehow I didnt hear the up to 12 BUSINESS days it might take. You all know what hotels on friday and saturday night cost near cocoa beach.

He said I should look around for a bed at least, if not a whole bedroom set. I planned to actually buy 2 more bedroom sets. I see all these commercials for purple and other mattresses. The day I was leaving my bil offered his purple mattress to me free, just as I was leaving. Lol of course. 

But for up to 3 weeks in a hotel it could have gone a long way toward buying a bedroom set, though I'm still not even sure what kind of mattress I might want. This one is orgwnic or that one etc. I just had no idea I'd still be in a hotel maybe even next week. I could sleep there if I had a bed. I got a quilt and 2 pillows with me in the car I brought. Plus a few throws. Maybe a nice bedroom set $1500 isn't a drop in the bucket. I see commercials in Dallas all the time for Nebraska something or other, dont see any furniture sales on tv here so far.

I called slecturm and said ok I'll pay for you to install. That poor guy today spent a hour. He looked in every closet and place he could tho I of  o wires. The  ain bedroom tv connection is dead. He finally hooked it up wifi. Got my newish samsung in the living room and for unknown reasons put the router in the corner of the 3rd bedroom to have something to connect to that was live.

I hadnt planned on looking for new furniture this soon but that money could go a ways I assume toward a new mattress. Maybe beds cost a lot more than I know. Lol seems like everything costs a lot more than I expect. I dont even know what stores, google seems like a good place to start tomorrow and at least look and get a idea.

Idk if there is such a thing as tok many ceiling fans, but I'm pretty sure this is a record. Every room has the, 2 on the balcony. My master closet and master both have ceiling fans and right behind the master walk in closet there is like a 10 ft long linen closet and tub and separate show, small area, that even has a ceiling fan. I havent counted them but this seems a lot. Closets and bathrooms idk have separate ceiling fans. But I extended my hotel stay until friday. Just doing a few days at a time.  Says refundable but then says I have to cancel by midnight 24 hours in advance. Anyway the spectrummguy said no way this wifi and tv could have been self install if you arent technical so it's good I scheduled someone to come and install. 

My one little sling chair I bought yesterday, and water looks blue today. Yes this ceiling fan is in a closet with 5 feet behind where the toilet is another tiny ceiling fan. Seems unusual to me but what do I know.. to borrow I guess I'll goggle for stores that sell bedroom for future. I actually also want new larger living room furniture. Time to enjoy more. Just finding a starting pt and find how stuff gets delivered. Someone at the condo wants 24 hr notice to pad the elevator. Dont want to get him mad. Bad start. All my new neighbor's I've really liked so far. I think it's a great choice so far. 2nd picture is ceiling fan in my closet, also my bedroom and right behind the closet a tiny ceiling fan by the toilet area. ..of course the closet is now painted agreeable grey lol.

20240603_083330.jpg

20240603_100530.jpg

Love your view from the balcony.   Furniture shopping can be fun. 

I always like to have some room measurements with me and do a hand sketch (think stick figures) before I purchase.   

• Like 1

By the time the haze burned off, it turned out to be a beautiful day.  We picked up our grandson and took him to breakfast, on his first day of summer vacation. 

Then he helped me as I got our boat ready for the water. I was just talking about having it in the water in March, when I first bought it, and now the first sailing of the season is JUNE!

Anyhow, he enjoyed a little fishing. 

IMG_1255.thumb.jpeg.3b0bc9f48948a9a79d8187e057007da0.jpeg

And, I encouraged some law breaking. 

IMG_1257.thumb.jpeg.b95c871aab4f69f2ca78e3f061600d14.jpeg

Well, he is just a few months shy of being old enough to operate on his own.  I will probably get him to do the boat safety course this fall, so he will be ready to go next summer. 

• Like 23

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Although I have been known to play well with others.   Just not the pineapple way. 😂

I lead a very sheltered life.  I found out what an upside down pineapple means on Cruise Critic.  I don't recall what thread!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

By the time the haze burned off, it turned out to be a beautiful day.  We picked up our grandson and took him to breakfast, on his first day of summer vacation. 

Then he helped me as I got our boat ready for the water. I was just talking about having it in the water in March, when I first bought it, and now the first sailing of the season is JUNE!

Anyhow, he enjoyed a little fishing. 

IMG_1255.thumb.jpeg.3b0bc9f48948a9a79d8187e057007da0.jpeg

And, I encouraged some law breaking. 

IMG_1257.thumb.jpeg.b95c871aab4f69f2ca78e3f061600d14.jpeg

Well, he is just a few months shy of being old enough to operate on his own.  I will probably get him to do the boat safety course this fall, so he will be ready to go next summer. 

He looks awfully good sitting behind the wheel.  I won't tell!

• Like 3

I am just exhausted. The termite people working on the bathroom remodel assured me that the vanity faucet would work. I purchased it, but they volunteered to take it back to Home Depot. I just noticed that they left the instruction manual on the new countertop. 🙄

And the exterior painters started this morning. I guess we will be sealed by plastic inside our house during the 3 day heat wave. 🙄

We are still working on packing. 😊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I lead a very sheltered life.  I found out what an upside down pineapple means on Cruise Critic.  I don't recall what thread!

On our last cruise, our table mates told us they just found out what it meant.  They had been turning pineapples right side up on some cabin doors, because they thought some kids had turned them upside down.  That was when someone told them what they meant. 😂

• Haha 21

Good morning.

It is cloudy and 57°F with rain forecast.

Prayers 🙏 for peace and good health for Dani @dani negreanu and her family and friends.

Pauline is at work today and I'm watching A Place in the Sun which is in Alicante Spain.

I hope y'all have a happy and safe day.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I feel the same except it is flamingos for me.   I bought 2 small and one full size plastic flamingoes to put in my flower bed out front.

Eric then told me that is another swingers sign.

I googled and sure enough he was right.

So for now I put them in flower bed in backyard.

Who knew?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Haha 11

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

20240603_083330.jpg

20240603_100530.jpg

We weren't sure when our truck would arrive when we moved so we used your strategy of buying a new bed.  We thought about it in advance, picked out the bed in Cincinnati, and had it delivered the day after we arrived in Florida.  We therefore only had one night in a hotel.  We also had a TV delivered that day and bought 2 foldable beach chairs that we put in our great room.  We lived that way for about a week before the truck arrived.  This worked well for us because we were already in the market for a new bed and TV.  We put our bed from Cincy in one of the guest rooms.

If you do plan to buy a bed, be prepared for sticker shock.  Because you spend so much time in bed, we spent a little more to ensure that we sleep well.  Our Sleep Number bed cost about $10K.  You don't need to spend that much, but you'll probably want to spend at least $2-3K on a good mattress.

And I hear you on ceiling fans.  We have one in every bedroom, one in our great room, one in our office, and 3 on our lanai.  We don't have any in a closet though. 🤣

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been searching the urban dictionary to see if I inadvertently said something in the posts.  

Yes, I was quoted on two different posts by them, on our roll call.  And at the bottom, after the ‘let’s chat’, it was just signed ‘Sting’

Maybe it is some kind of Message in a bottle.  Should I call the Police?

All of these posts had me laughing to myself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We weren't sure when our truck would arrive when we moved so we used your strategy of buying a new bed.  We thought about it in advance, picked out the bed in Cincinnati, and had it delivered the day after we arrived in Florida.  We therefore only had one night in a hotel.  We also had a TV delivered that day and bought 2 foldable beach chairs that we put in our great room.  We lived that way for about a week before the truck arrived.  This worked well for us because we were already in the market for a new bed and TV.  We put our bed from Cincy in one of the guest rooms.

If you do plan to buy a bed, be prepared for sticker shock.  Because you spend so much time in bed, we spent a little more to ensure that we sleep well.  Our Sleep Number bed cost about $10K.  You don't need to spend that much, but you'll probably want to spend at least $2-3K on a good mattress.

And I hear you on ceiling fans.  We have one in every bedroom, one in our great room, one in our office, and 3 on our lanai.  We don't have any in a closet though. 🤣

I'm a worrier perhaps?  Like a lot of these mattress places are online. If they delivered it downstairs idk I could get a full mattress up 8 floors to my place. I keep thinking thru this move I wish right now I was married and have a 2nd set of hands. And then add in the guy who has to pad the one working elevator. What bad luck the day I arrived 1 of the 2 elevators was removed to just a hole in the ground. Wait until the movers find out a large 8 story high rise only has one slow working elevator. No guesses when it will be replaced, but when its replaced, then the one woeking elevator will be replaced so this will go on for a while. 

I need to find a place that delivers all the way to my bedroom! I sure was stupid and or naive when planning this move. My house sale is currently set for by ju e 15.. my buyer called sunday to tell me the next door neighbors tree fell and smashed the fence between us. I said the contract clearly says AS IS. Your problem, go talk to the next door neighbor yoursel. It's his tree. My broker in dallas just emailed and said the weather is still bad and another storm, which isnt helping get my stuff transferred to a bigger truck and on it's way.

I guess I'm naive but truly I am surprised that a moving coordinator cant tell me where the truck with my stuff is. This 24 to 48 hours notice is baloney to me. I've moved across town but never had movers move me across the country. Too late to do it differently. Clearly I'm not smart how I did this move. Should have thrown out a lot of stuff,not paid whatever the price is. When he was figuring the extra cost he kept quoting me things like 60 cents a cubic foot. Not dollars. I kept saying so how much is that extra in dollars... over $1500??!! Omg. He kept wanting to tell me cubic feet and I wanted dollars. Well nothing else I can do except shop lol. Spectrum done, so now I'm free until the truck comes. 

Shower and then ill google furniture stores. 

I saw above a suggestion for measuring room sizes. To me they all look huge. I brought a flashlight but not my measuring thing... and I have several.,movers have all that. Cheap to buy another I know.  I've seen both a lowes and a home depot between me and publix. I've had huge old historic houses, but these 2 are my first condos. And much newer and huge closets.. im so loving these big closets and so many. 

Shopping isnt the worst thing to have left to do. Didnt occur to me to pack more clothes. All is good here.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember it on CC too .  We may of talked about it some here.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel the same except it is flamingos for me.   I bought 2 small and one full size plastic flamingoes to put in my flower bed out front.

Eric then told me that is another swingers sign.

I googled and sure enough he was right.

So for now I put them in flower bed in backyard.

Who knew?

I didn't know about flamingos either. 

This all reminds me of what happened a few months ago.   To make it easier for me, Sharon attached an old tie to the door where the ramp is so I could easily close it. We invited friends over and as they started through that door they slowly opened it and yelled in, is it OK for us to enter or should we come back later?  We found out it was an old college dorm room warning!  

• Haha 23

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I saw above a suggestion for measuring room sizes. To me they all look huge. I brought a flashlight but not my measuring thing... and I have several.,movers have all that. Cheap to buy another I know.  I've seen both a lowes and a home depot between me and publix. I've had huge old historic houses, but these 2 are my first condos. And much newer and huge closets.. im so loving these big closets and so many. 

I completely agree with the suggestion of measuring rooms or at least estimating the measurements some way (Floor plan prints?). If you go to HD or Lowes, get a one of the retractable tape measures.
You do not want to face the problem of buying furniture that will not fit or go in through the doors/openings.

• Like 5