Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Speaking of my upcoming cruise, I'll be visiting Curaçao for the first time. This is the one island I may leave my friends and strike out on my own. Any thoughts on excursions?

Right now, I'm thinking either a snorkel or catamaran (or both)  excursion or a sightseeing and/or cave tour.  Leaning toward snorkeling right now since this is probably the best (and only) island to do that. Aruba & Perfect Day are beach days with friends which is why I'm shying away from doing a beach on Curaçao. Unless they are really spectacular.  

I'm there from 11:30 am - 8:00 pm.  There is a pub crawl excursion that visits 3 pubs but since I've already bought the drink package, this might my my one "day off"* from drinking.

Any other options I should consider?

* - meaning I plan to drink slightly less than the other days. 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Has anyone been on the Adventure of the Seas recently? Thoughts please? Has this ship been refurbished or amplified? Thoughts on cabins 7388 and 7688?

Researching some cruises on Adventure. Similar ships we have been on are Explorer, Freedom, Liberty, Indi.

I haven't been aboard recently but I've done multiple cruses on Adventure. Never had a bad one. I will just say don't have high expectations for the production shows. They are typical old RC Singers and Dancers shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of my upcoming cruise, I'll be visiting Curaçao for the first time. This is the one island I may leave my friends and strike out on my own. Any thoughts on excursions?

Right now, I'm thinking either a snorkel or catamaran (or both)  excursion or a sightseeing and/or cave tour.  Leaning toward snorkeling right now since this is probably the best (and only) island to do that. Aruba & Perfect Day are beach days with friends which is why I'm shying away from doing a beach on Curaçao. Unless they are really spectacular.  

I'm there from 11:30 am - 8:00 pm.  There is a pub crawl excursion that visits 3 pubs but since I've already bought the drink package, this might my my one "day off"* from drinking.

I'm a little into odd things. One time we went to Hato Cave. Another time we went to the Ostrich Farm and the Aloe Plantation. Enjoyed them all.

Curaçao is a desert island. I don't think it has the nicest beaches compared to some other islands. It is also nice spending some time walking around down town.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We were on her last October. Love that ship. She still looks good despite the interior looking a like dated but I don’t mind. She was updated in 2018 but not amplified. Not sure for her schedule now. 

We were on Adventure last year and had no complaints.  Clean and although dated, very well maintained. I prefer Voyager size ships to the "big girls" but that's just MHO. 

We sailed on Oasis after Adventure and we both still prefer the "smaller girls".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

We really enjoyed Blue Bay Beach.  It's a calm bay with some OK snorkeling.  If I remember correctly, you can rent snorkel gear there.  Decent food and drinks.  It wasn't an excursion...we just took a taxi each direction and paid at the entrance. We got there early and snagged loungers under a palapa.  Might not be the right thing for you since you already have other beach days planned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2024 at 6:20 PM, ReneeFLL said:

@MancGirl21 Happy belated birthday.

What’s on the bottom of your pool? Some sort of coating that looks like rocks? I like the look.

Good question.  We didn't build the pool (came with the house when we bought it) so I wasn't sure.  I found in the documentation that it is a Pebble Tec - Tahoe Blue finish.  Lots of different finish colors available here.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good question.  We didn't build the pool (came with the house when we bought it) so I wasn't sure.  I found in the documentation that it is a Pebble Tec - Tahoe Blue finish.  Lots of different finish colors available here.  

I have never seen a pool finish like that. Cool looking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We were on Adventure last year and had no complaints.  Clean and although dated, very well maintained. I prefer Voyager size ships to the "big girls" but that's just MHO. 

We sailed on Oasis after Adventure and we both still prefer the "smaller girls".

The other one thing I like is the prices for cruises on this size of ship as opposed to the bigger newer ships. Sometimes it’s half of what you would pay on the bigger ones

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Has anyone been on the Adventure of the Seas recently? Thoughts please? Has this ship been refurbished or amplified? Thoughts on cabins 7388 and 7688?

Researching some cruises on Adventure. Similar ships we have been on are Explorer, Freedom, Liberty, Indi.

5 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

I was on Adventure with @Sea Dog last October and then again this past March with @Momof3gurlz and had excellent cruises both times and we love Captain Jarrett!  I was just on Explorer this past June and I have to say that the size of those ships are very nice!

We’ve sailed Adventure, Voyager and Explorer and I personally love this class. Not too big and not too small.  

Greetings from the land of the mouse!  Day two of our visit, we typically make a quick hit in one of the parks in the morning before they get too crowded, then back to the resort for some pool time and return to a park for dinner after it’s cooled down a bit.  Wilderness Lodge is very nice, I’d call it upscale rustic.  

Our flight down on Breeze was excellent!  On time departure at 7 am and arrived in Orlando 25 minutes ahead of schedule.  We were seated in Ascent which is their version of 1st class. With Breeze, you pay to pick your seats, for our flight down it was $36 each to sit together in economy or $47 each for Ascent - a no brainer.  Going home we’re in economy because Ascent was $125 per seat!  

They fly A220’s which has a 3-2 seat configuration in economy.  This is great for Andy because I need a window seat which means in the typical 3-3 configuration he’s stuck in the middle seat. On these flights we can choose two seats on the “2” side; a window for me and aisle for him. 

@dani negreanu absolutely adorable kitty!

We are off to dinner.  More to come. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We did the Beach hop and turtle excursion a couple times, because we saw so many sea turtles on the snorkeling excursion.   The last couple times we were there, Royal wasn’t offering it.

You can see a few of the underwater photos from this excursion in my Odyssey review.

We always take our own snorkel equipment.  You never know how well those operators clean their equipment. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Greetings from the land of the mouse!  Day two of our visit, we typically make a quick hit in one of the parks in the morning before they get too crowded, then back to the resort for some pool time and return to a park for dinner after it’s cooled down a bit.  Wilderness Lodge is very nice, I’d call it upscale rustic.

Our daughter and her family stayed there, and we will be staying there in August.  I hear it is very nice.   We are supposed to have a view of the fireworks from our room.   I am getting into more planning now that our dining is booked.

Looking forward to hearing more. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

The other one thing I like is the prices for cruises on this size of ship as opposed to the bigger newer ships. Sometimes it’s half of what you would pay on the bigger ones

My first couple grand suites was on navigator for about 1500 each for 7 night cruise, at the time I thought perks were great , breakfast in specialty restaurants and happy hour ( we still bought drink package) . Now we just sail  oasis class , but some of the newer ships were up to 2k each more for grand suite compared to older oasis class.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'll be on Adventure on Aug 2nd for 8 nights.  But it seems like you've already made up your mind. 🙂

EDIT: Liberty is always been a favorite of mine so I expect Adventure to be the same, just slight smaller without a dedicated Sorrentos.

Was checking out a short one for December.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Our daughter and her family stayed there, and we will be staying there in August.  I hear it is very nice.   We are supposed to have a view of the fireworks from our room.   I am getting into more planning now that our dining is booked.

Looking forward to hearing more. 

Planning is going to get easier:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-genie/news/25jun2024-walt-disney-world-announces-major-changes-to-genie-and-lightning-lane-including-advance-selections.htm

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/changes-coming-to-disney-genie-plus-lightning-lane-soon/

Edited by Vibe

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We were on Adventure in February and had a really good time.  Staff was very good. Service in the MDR was excellent as was the quality of the food.  I've never stay in those cabins but I have had a corner aft cabin on deck 10. I'd grab one of those any day of the week.  Super big deck makes for a great private sun area. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1