Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can't cheer for Florida since I know a lot of Canadians are broken hearted but I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Edmonton either.  🤯

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of my upcoming cruise, I'll be visiting Curaçao for the first time. This is the one island I may leave my friends and strike out on my own. Any thoughts on excursions?

Right now, I'm thinking either a snorkel or catamaran (or both)  excursion or a sightseeing and/or cave tour.  Leaning toward snorkeling right now since this is probably the best (and only) island to do that. Aruba & Perfect Day are beach days with friends which is why I'm shying away from doing a beach on Curaçao. Unless they are really spectacular.  

I'm there from 11:30 am - 8:00 pm.  There is a pub crawl excursion that visits 3 pubs but since I've already bought the drink package, this might my my one "day off"* from drinking.

Any other options I should consider?

* - meaning I plan to drink slightly less than the other days. 😇

We loved Curaçao.  We were there in February 2022. We did a cave and city highlights tour

IMG_1499.thumb.jpeg.0d55a43e3e442b6fbefa4a40a9f97ac2.jpeg

DW took a few Geology classes back in college and has always been fascinated with rock formations and things of that nature.  We enjoyed very much 🙂 The city was interesting as well.

IMG_1516.thumb.jpeg.107408dab78035826e2b28169235d7c4.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good question.  We didn't build the pool (came with the house when we bought it) so I wasn't sure.  I found in the documentation that it is a Pebble Tec - Tahoe Blue finish.  Lots of different finish colors available here.  

I didn’t like the way the Pebble tec felt on bare feet , we had that at old house.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

Going to be a hot summer , pool water must be about 90 not too refreshing need to get in it earlier , feel bad for the people who need to work outside , my mowers should be here shortly, I give them several bottles of cold water .

Fair warning.  100+ temps are due to arrive on Thursday.  As usual.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Flounder.   They filet for you.  We had for dinner...delicious!

Nothing better than really fresh fish for dinner.....except, of course, when the fresh fish has been caught by oneself!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Vibe said:

That does sound better, and it should be in place before out trip.  Since we are in a resort, it looks like we get access 7 days in advance.  I wonder if it will give us access for every day of our stay, 7 days in advance of our first day?  That was the way dining reservations worked.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Now we just sail  oasis class

I like Oasis class. We are doing Oasis in October of '25 and then again in January of '26.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I like Oasis class. We are doing Oasis in October of '25 and then again in January of '26.

That’s a lot of cats for a Seadog 😁😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That does sound better, and it should be in place before out trip.  Since we are in a resort, it looks like we get access 7 days in advance.  I wonder if it will give us access for every day of our stay, 7 days in advance of our first day?  That was the way dining reservations worked.

The local news didn’t address that.

I asked a family member who is a Disney cast member, they think (not confirmed) that all of the days will be available 7 days in advance of the first day consistent with the way dining reservations work. 

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 1

Interesting. We still have 4-day park hopper passes (non-expiring media) that we purchased many years ago for WDW. I don't know what we are going to do with them. Bill and I went 3 years in a row, and then started combining the flight and Disney with cruises. And then we decided cruises were easier. We were really into the Disney Club thing for a while. 

We booked the fireworks boat ride one year, VIP for Fantasia at MGM (or whatever it was called). But I don't know if I can walk that much anymore with the new hips.  It sounds really complicated to book other stuff now. We might have to think about selling them at some point. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, George C said:

That’s a lot of cats for a Seadog 😁😁😁😁

I’ve been known for chasing some tail when I was younger. 😉

• Haha 14

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Such a sweetie.  Love the name Tofi❣️

I should have written it "Toffee" ... Sounds the same 😉

So now we have Sushi (male Siamese) and Lychee + Toffee (both British females) 😎

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

I just seen a few mentions of Ted Lasso a few posts ago.  I also think this show was excellent.  It is at the very top of our all time favourite shows.

If you are interested, here are 2 YouTube videos of the Ted Lasso beginnings that was a character created by Sudeikis along with co creator Brendan Hunt (Coach Beard), for NBC Sports promotion in 2013 when NBC sports started broadcasting the Premier League.  The characters were so popular that there was a huge push to bring them back.

The followup in 2014

https://youtu.be/iRqypM7jb5Y

For some reason, embedding is not allowed for the 2nd video but the link should work.

dp

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm a little into odd things. One time we went to Hato Cave. Another time we went to the Ostrich Farm and the Aloe Plantation. Enjoyed them all.

Curaçao is a desert island. I don't think it has the nicest beaches compared to some other islands. It is also nice spending some time walking around down town.

You would be surprised OB. IMHO, Curacao has the best beaches...... Playa Puerto Marie being one of those. 40 minutes from the port, but if you want clear blue waters, good snorkeling, and to just peace out, I highly recommend it. Go early in the morning for real peace. Estate gates open at 9 am.

There are lots of other beaches too, but I mention this because this is one of my favorite. I haven't found one that beats it, IMO.

If one likes beachy vibes, boom boom music, people watching, and such, venture to the Mambo beach side area.
There is also Blue Bay for a little bit peace and little bit vacation vibe.
Lots of AI's or pay as you go resort passes also. Marriott, Avila, Santa Barbara, Hilton (which is something else now)... all good. I liked the Avila a lot. I also like Santa Barbara, since it was something different.
I also like to walk around in town and explore.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The other one thing I like is the prices for cruises on this size of ship as opposed to the bigger newer ships. Sometimes it’s half of what you would pay on the bigger ones

Agree. Since its ported in PC currently, we have been looking at it a lot. Perhaps early December if we can find some time. Those prices are too good to pass.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

This is the one we are signed up to do next month on Beyond. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Post your pictures. i enjoy seeing them.

Oh btw, does 7388 on Adventure come with the cutie on the balcony lounge chair or do we have to pay extra?😁 Such a sweet picture.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Post your pictures. i enjoy seeing them.

Oh btw, does 7388 on Adventure come with the cutie on the balcony lounge chair or do we have to pay extra?😁 Such a sweet picture.

Thank you!!

Haha, he would LOVE to be on that giant balcony again. If he could find a way to stowaway on your sailing, I'm sure he would! 😄 He's a couple of years older now and a whole lot taller...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dpostman said:

I just seen a few mentions of Ted Lasso a few posts ago.  I also think this show was excellent.  It is at the very top of our all time favourite shows.

If you are interested, here are 2 YouTube videos of the Ted Lasso beginnings that was a character created by Sudeikis along with co creator Brendan Hunt (Coach Beard), for NBC Sports promotion in 2013 when NBC sports started broadcasting the Premier League.  The characters were so popular that there was a huge push to bring them back.

The followup in 2014

For some reason, embedding is not allowed for the 2nd video but the link should work.

dp

I remember when I first saw that commercial. I thought it was brilliant and hilarious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dpostman said:

The followup in 2014

dp

I can't believe that I've never seen those videos before.  Hilarious!  "You gotta have 3 things to be a Premiere League team.  One, you gotta play physical.  Two, you gotta give 100% til the final whistle. And three, you gotta be sponsored by a Middle Eastern Airline".  🤣

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy is doing Lucy things tonight. 

IMG_5829.thumb.jpeg.c2a3ad5a0b955fab8cffac8b147d2cfb.jpeg

I love your cushions where did you find them?  I need new one for my chairs but only find very skinny one,   and Lucy showcases them very well

The newest trend in knitting is Emotional Support Chickens.  Several people at the shop decided to order kits which are based on celebrities.  LOL

I present Tailfeather Swift

Resized_20240626_131319.thumb.jpeg.25d86c628a8f2bb4e0f20a047772e713.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

47 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The newest trend in knitting is Emotional Support Chickens.  Several people at the shop decided to order kits which are based on celebrities.  LOL

I present Tailfeather Swift

Resized_20240626_131319.thumb.jpeg.25d86c628a8f2bb4e0f20a047772e713.jpeg

I LOVE this chicken! 😁 but not her namesake......sorry OB.

Are you making this for sale or just reporting a trend at the shop? I really like the chicken.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1