Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Lots of Jersey guys live in shorts even in Winter.  They're crazy! 

That is my son don't think he wore pants all through school. Now that he's a bit older, living in PA now, does wear pants a few times a year, don't even think he owns anything heavier than a sweatshirt.

We will see what happens as far as turning on the heat early this year.  Our electric co is doing surge pricing this year.  Winter, Nov 1 through March 31, crazy high prices between 6 and 9 am.  Usually turn on the electric fireplace to take the chill off.  May need to stay in bed until 9 or use more than 1 blanket.  Summer surge pricing is 3 to 6 pm, cuts into my dinner prep time but a bit easier to work around.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That sounds like a nice cruise. It is a tough time for me after already being out of the office for the holidays. Late Jan or early Feb works better.

Feb 2 Wonder has a few you may have heard of sailing.  Perfect timing 😁.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

True. 

I actually like cruising in March after doing the BELLA I cruise. 

Kids are kids. Sometimes better behaved than some adults. 

Airlines. Well gotta fly. 

That’s how I rationalize my getaway when I get those comments from those that do not want to go then. ( aka my family). 

😄

March break and Christmas...that's pretty much all we have done for the last 15 years.  DW is a teacher and both kids in school.  Maybe I have become immune to the kids but they don't bother me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

1) All packed

2) House cleaned

3) Got cash at the bank

4) Car washed

5) Dog and cat food bought

6) Meeting with our pet sitter

7) Cruise documents printed out

Spread sheet schedule of specialty restaurants and MDR plus activities and excursions made
😎 Set DVR to record new Hallmark Christmas movies while we are gone

9) Confirm Hotel reservations 

10) Backpack packed

I think we are ready with time to spare. Leave on Wednesday.

I will start live review tomorrow.

LET’S DO THIS!!!!!

Have a fab cruise Greg.  Will follow along if cc behaves itself…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How many days is that sailing? What are the ports?

It’s a B2B, from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale. A lot of people are also doing the Alaska portion, but Doug and I were born on the north coast, and Chris is from Victoria, so we’re saving that until we’re really old and don’t want to go far from home!

The ports are Astoria, San Francisco, Catalina Island, San Diego, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Guatemala, Costa Rica, the canal, Colon, Cartagena, Grand Cayman and Fort Lauderdale. We’re really looking forward to it!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@lenquixote66 Lenny, thanks for updating us.  Good luck with the hand surgeon. 

Can you be a bit more specific about the Brooklyn documentary?  I know my Brooklyn born and bred brother-in-law would be very interested to view it once it's out.  Where is the park in question?

It is very likely that your brother in law spent time in that park.

It is Lincoln Terrace Park .It is on Rochester Avenue between Eastern Parkway and East New York Ave.and Buffalo Ave.between Eastern Parkway and East New York Ave.I had several friends who went to the same HS as your BIL who hung out at that park as well as several current friends who did .

• Like 2

Extremely happy , I had a Yankee shirt and a Buffalo Bills shorts on , Yankees looked great , don’t understand why Stanton is batting 5th since he is currently the hottest hitter they have . Bills game caused me to have more grey hair, guess I shouldn’t complain. Great game by Josh Allen. Combine this with Cowboys disaster it was a good weekend. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is very likely that your brother in law spent time in that park.

It is Lincoln Terrace Park .It is on Rochester Avenue between Eastern Parkway and East New York Ave.and Buffalo Ave.between Eastern Parkway and East New York Ave.I had several friends who went to the same HS as your BIL who hung out at that park as well as several current friends who did .

Thanks, Lenny, I'll ask him.  He grew up in East NY (in Bklyn for those not in the know) and then moved to East Flatbush a block from Tilden HS.

Please let me know when it airs on TV.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That sounds like a nice cruise. It is a tough time for me after already being out of the office for the holidays. Late Jan or early Feb works better.

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

I was thinking the same thing... Although, there may be fewer kids, I hear there may be a larger number of immature and giggly adults on board.  One can always avoid the schooner bar, the rest of the ship should be business as usual 😉  for the most part.

dp

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am tired of being cold. I need a cruise before next March. 

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

I was gonna post the same info @akcruz did....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dpostman said:

I was thinking the same thing... Although, there may be fewer kids, I hear there may be a larger number of immature and giggly adults on board.  One can always avoid the schooner bar, the rest of the ship should be business as usual 😉  for the most part.

dp

Looks like great minds were thinking alike and posting at the same time!  

• Haha 3