Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Omigosh, that is SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!

I've never understood people that do that regularly, in emails, on social media, or in message boards.  Just.... WHY????   

It's right up there with people that never make a new paragraph so you're stuck trying to plow your way through a wall of text.

Can I add - people in a family group who need to pose in multiple stupid poses in front of an monument at a tourist site…honestly if there are 6-8 of you - it’s unfair on everyone else who wants to take a SINGLE photo being forced to wait because each of your family members want to do a heart sign, a peace sign, duck lips, fix their hair, change position etc etc.  Ahhh!  These are not teens or 20 year olds.  They are middled aged women….

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can I add - people in a family group who need to pose in multiple stupid poses in front of an monument at a tourist site…honestly if there are 6-8 of you - it’s unfair on everyone else who wants to take a SINGLE photo being forced to wait because each of your family members want to do a heart sign, a peace sign, duck lips, fix their hair, change position etc etc.  Ahhh!  These are not teens or 20 year old.  They are middle aged women….

🎯

• Like 2

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You can tell it is that time of year for deer moving along the highways.  We had to drive into Pittsburgh today for Susan’s appointment at the hospital.

Between our drive to NY on Sunday, and today’s drive, we saw 30-40 deer that had been hit and killed.  I don’t remember ever seeing this many.  There must be a large population this year.  

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We saw a few that were killed on the way home from Atlantic City.  The deer are really increasing.

Micheline's family all lived in NE PA and were deer hunters.  I remember that they used to be limited to one buck per year.  I have a friend who just returned from deer hunting in Georgia.  His limit was 2 bucks and 8 does!  Not sure what current limits are in PA, but GA must definitely have an overpopulation problem.

• Like 3

Good morning, all!

I was feeling left out as I was not asked by CC if I was a robot.

Until this morning.

I failed the bag test-should have had glasses on, I think.

I passed finding the hats.

Wondering if this is a one time thing or will it be a daily challenge.

Anyway, it took less than a minute.

Wishing all who post here a very pleasant day.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline's family all lived in NE PA and were deer hunters.  I remember that they used to be limited to one buck per year.  I have a friend who just returned from deer hunting in Georgia.  His limit was 2 bucks and 8 does!  Not sure what current limits are in PA, but GA must definitely have an overpopulation problem.

The only overpopulation problem this world has is with people but let's kill the deer, kill the wolves, kill the bears...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen also had his first hockey game of the season on Saturday. He scored two goals and they won.  Unfortunately their coach had a stroke earlier in the week and it will be a while until he is back.  Some other have parents stepped in to help coach. The best thing the kids can do is play their best and make him proud. 

Their regular goalie had to work so they had a kid play up who was 15.  Here he is beside Owen, at the end of the game, so can see the size difference. Owen helped him with the gear post game. Our normal goalie is taller than Owen and about 30 pounds heavier.  Our helper did a great job.

IMG_7404.thumb.jpeg.d8f3a6cc0fbb4d59efd3617c381c4d6a.jpeg

Owen leading the team out at warm up.  The team is U18 so it is comprised of boys 15-18.  

IMG_7398.mov 30.51 MB · 6 downloads  

End of the game celebration.

IMG_7401.mov 23.65 MB · 4 downloads  

Is that handsome young man the boy I met on Bella 01? Hard to believe.  Owen is growing up so beautifully.

• Like 3

As of a few weeks ago, my cell phone is now unable to send picture texts to iPhone users.  Works well sending to Android phones.  4 of my friends and I have been sending daily texts with pictures/images wishing all of us a good morning, letting everyone know what's new in our lives. This has been going on for 4 years with no issue. The 5 of us lived in the same apt. complex for 2 years and are now in different locations.  We've kept our promise to never lose touch.  So now, I have to send word texts, no pictures to the 2 iPhone users.  

I went to two Metro-TMobile phone stores and the clerks were stumped and couldn't help.  

I might have posted this issue previously with no response.  Hopefully someone can help.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

I haven't been asked the bot question yet but stay signed in to CC.  Not sure if that makes a difference. 

As for deer we have had our share of run ins through the years.  My first,  as a teen, had one try to jump over the car. Only saw it as it was on my windshield.  Ran into the woods and never saw it.  Windshield shattered but stayed in.  When they took it out they said there was hair all along the 1 side.  Was my parents car, oops.  Try to keep an eye out but they just come out of nowhere sometimes and yes cause a lot of damage.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

As of a few weeks ago, my cell phone is now unable to send picture texts to iPhone users.  Works well sending to Android phones.  4 of my friends and I have been sending daily texts with pictures/images wishing all of us a good morning, letting everyone know what's new in our lives. This has been going on for 4 years with no issue. The 5 of us lived in the same apt. complex for 2 years and are now in different locations.  We've kept our promise to never lose touch.  So now, I have to send word texts, no pictures to the 2 iPhone users.  

I went to two Metro-TMobile phone stores and the clerks were stumped and couldn't help.  

I might have posted this issue previously with no response.  Hopefully someone can help.

How are you sending them? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Are you using Samsung Messaging or Google Messages? Samsung is phasing out their messaging app for who knows why. If you are not using the Google Messaging app give it a try. I have no problem sending texts with photos to I-Phone users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

I haven't been asked the bot question yet but stay signed in to CC.  Not sure if that makes a difference. 

As for deer we have had our share of run ins through the years.  My first,  as a teen, had one try to jump over the car. Only saw it as it was on my windshield.  Ran into the woods and never saw it.  Windshield shattered but stayed in.  When they took it out they said there was hair all along the 1 side.  Was my parents car, oops.  Try to keep an eye out but they just come out of nowhere sometimes and yes cause a lot of damage.

I once had a one week old car and a deer ran across the highway and hit the rear side door window on the driver's side. Somehow the deer managed to run off. There was fur all over the inside of the car. My dog was in the back seat. She just looked at me as to say what just happened? If I had been going just a bit slower the deer would have taken out my driver's door windows. I don't know if I would have been able to maintain control of the car. God was there that day.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

For all you guys going on Bella 2…where are you staying in Cape Canaveral?  I’m not joining that one, alas, but I do have a cruise on Celebrity Equinox that is new to the port and I’m doing research.  I know FLL like the back of my hand but PC is new to me…

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/mlbts-towneplace-suites-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach/overview/

I've booked an additional night, before the deal that Ken got us "Bellas"...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

For all you guys going on Bella 2…where are you staying in Cape Canaveral?  I’m not joining that one, alas, but I do have a cruise on Celebrity Equinox that is new to the port and I’m doing research.  I know FLL like the back of my hand but PC is new to me…

Our kids are joining us on Wonder in a couple of weeks out of PC.  They're flying in a day early and staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral.  We're driving down the morning of the cruise since it's only 3 hours.  There are many hotels right in the same area...very close to the port.  They only chose the Residence Inn because they have 2 bedroom suites with a common sitting area and kitchen, so they can stay in the same room.  Homewood Suites has the most stars on Google Maps, for whatever that's worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Last year we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Canaveral on Astronaut Blvd and were very happy with it. Not sure you’d need it but they have a nice pool area and the usual included breakfast buffet.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I once had a one week old car and a deer ran across the highway and hit the rear side door window on the driver's side. Somehow the deer managed to run off. There was fur all over the inside of the car. My dog was in the back seat. She just looked at me as to say what just happened? If I had been going just a bit slower the deer would have taken out my driver's door windows. I don't know if I would have been able to maintain control of the car. God was there that day.

My wife grew up in Buffalo area and hit a deer decades ago , her best friend lives in the area and drives us anyplace we want to go now on our trips to that area. 

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, and thought it was nice.  Standard fare free breakfast.  One drawback is they do not have a shuttle to the port.  Although it is only about 1 mile or less from the port, we way overpaid to pre book an uber.  I think we paid around $70 for an Uber XL for that short drive.  We would have walked it, but figured our boarding picture would look like a group of drowned rats, after walking in August heat and humidity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1