Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Two weeks from tomorrow we have to do a pre-cruise COVID test.  We plan to do some snorkeling on the cruise, and these came today. we plan to try them out this weekend. 

A4C39DF8-0130-4BDE-8AA0-46383D693108.thumb.jpeg.a55d48d9e52bcd83850e5794431dd9d3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Please let me know how you like this type of mask.  Eric and I were looking into buying this kind pre-covid.

I got a Full Face Snorkel Mask as a present last Christmas, to be used to a trip to Aruba. Never used it as the trip had to be cancelled but I recall someone telling me to check the manufacture as some of the inexpensive ones can cause carbon dioxide buildup inside the mask leading to headaches, dizziness & unconsciousness. Also cheap model can let some water leak in which will make breathing more difficult.

Having said all that, the few people I know that have used ffsm, love them.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

recall someone telling me to check the manufacture as some of the inexpensive ones can cause carbon dioxide buildup inside the mask leading to headaches, dizziness & unconsciousness.

I had read that.   The ones we got have separate intake (oxygen) and outflow (CO2) that are controlled by one way valves. They claim to eliminate that problem. Will see how they are once we test them out.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I got a Full Face Snorkel Mask as a present last Christmas, to be used to a trip to Aruba. Never used it as the trip had to be cancelled but I recall someone telling me to check the manufacture as some of the inexpensive ones can cause carbon dioxide buildup inside the mask leading to headaches, dizziness & unconsciousness. Also cheap model can let some water leak in which will make breathing more difficult.

DH purchased this kind of mask  couple years back after hearing someone praise theirs. He used it once, was not too happy. It kept fogging. Tried all the defogging drills. Still not happy. Attributed it to the cheapo brand he purchased. So bought a more expensive one from Amazon. Still not too happy. Went back to the older type. Some folks love them, some do not.

Doing our pre cruise test today. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I read about these issues with cheaper full face masks too.  I forget which brand we were looking at buying but will need to revisit since we have a couple future cruises booked for next year and we love snorkeling.   

What stopped me from ordering last year was the size Eric needs wasnt available.  He has what I consider to be a large head so I think he needs an XL.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Please let me know how you like this type of mask.  Eric and I were looking into buying this kind pre-covid.

I will do that.  We like to snorkel, and didn’t want to trust what they may provide.  These look like they will fit in my backpack, along with other things I need.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Momof3gurlz  Hi 🥰

@Ourusualbeach Merlin, Hi.... The election is over 😉

@xpcdoojk Rodrhi, Hi -- how r u doing?

Hi Dani! I’m here, have just had a busy week. I’ve spent the last hour trying to catch up but at this point there’s no way I can go back and read/like/post in everything I’ve missed.  I do want to say…

@DaniDanielle - hoping for the best outcome from the MRI

@Lenquixote - also have you & your granddaughter in my thoughts. 

Dani - thank you for the 👋.  It’s so thoughtful of you to keep tabs on your flock and to check-in on those of us who are absent from your thread.  It just goes to show what a close group this is!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If it is Thursday, it must be time for my lake picture of the day.  We were headed there at sunrise, and the sky had some promising color.

33CC1C4A-B681-4A5F-B627-9BF63E00F93A.thumb.jpeg.83c8dfb821110a27bfd2eb14817ef15e.jpeg

The sun was rising and gave a nice reflection off the lake.

A662864E-7191-441C-BF3B-D5AC1086EBA4.thumb.jpeg.97c14f79d9350d32039681d26cfe2c57.jpeg

Susan commented on all the pretty red leaves on this tree!  This is not a tree for huggers, and I told her not to get too close.  If you look closely, the tree is dead, and all the leaves are from a massive vine of poison ivy.

3889406D-2568-4D50-8223-5C9637D76BB0.thumb.jpeg.bad26e711092e9452436757cfd0d86f0.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Been a busy time here and now I’m hopelessly behind on this thread. 
The old deck is completely off the house now.  We’ll have the whole family here this weekend, SIL’s will be helping Andy get the new support beams up for the new one.  My DD’s are running in a half marathon down in Newport Sunday morning, so I will have all the grandkids. 
After demolishing the old deck, turns out only a portion of the new decking boards are in stock and the rest not available until early December 🤨,  so this project won’t be completed for a while. 
I’ve also been working on the dreaded chore of switching out summer/winter clothes. 
After returning from our Disney trip, 3 out of the 7 of us were under the weather for a day or so. Just mild virus like (headache, fatigue, no appetite) or cold symptoms.  We all got tested and were negative.  I had to remind myself that there are so many other viruses (“bugs” as my Mother would’ve called them) out there that aren’t Covid!  Everyone is better now. 
Today I’m enjoying the absolutely gorgeous fall day here in RI and we’re having dinner with our closest friends tonight.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I read about these issues with cheaper full face masks too.  I forget which brand we were looking at buying but will need to revisit since we have a couple future cruises booked for next year and we love snorkeling.   

What stopped me from ordering last year was the size Eric needs wasnt available.  He has what I consider to be a large head so I think he needs an XL.  

We love to snorkel too.  What we did in the past was stop in a dive shop and get our masks there.  I have a small head and found one that I have used for years.  It was expensive at the time but as much as I have used it well worth the money.  At the dive shop they had me try on several different ones until I found the one that worked for me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was told that Discover card is also one of the more expensive fees for businesses.

I will never own another Discover card.   

When my ex and I split up, 30 years ago, I wanted my own card and applied for one in just my name...having cancelled the joint card we had for many years.  

I was turned down!  Stating that I was simply the wife to the card holder...and was a woman.  😮 

That "card holder" had been unemployed for 5 years, with me paying the bills before our divorce (and always paid early before due date every month), of which I stated to the rep on the phone when I called.  Disgusted, I hung up after telling him that I was applying for Visa (which was immediately approved). 

Got a call later from a supervisor with huge apologies, telling me I would be approved after all.  I told him where he could put his card.  😉 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

DH purchased this kind of mask  couple years back after hearing someone praise theirs. He used it once, was not too happy. It kept fogging. Tried all the defogging drills. Still not happy. Attributed it to the cheapo brand he purchased. So bought a more expensive one from Amazon. Still not too happy. Went back to the older type. Some folks love them, some do not.

Doing our pre cruise test today. 

My traditional mask always fogs up.   I also tried a more expensive one bought from a dive shop.  Same thing.  When asking about it on a return to the shop...he told me I was a was breathing though my nose too much.  Told me to do exercises where I just breathed through my mouth.  Still didn't work.  Guess I didn't master the trick.  😮 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Been a busy time here and now I’m hopelessly behind on this thread. 
The old deck is completely off the house now.  We’ll have the whole family here this weekend, SIL’s will be helping Andy get the new support beams up for the new one.  My DD’s are running in a half marathon down in Newport Sunday morning, so I will have all the grandkids. 
After demolishing the old deck, turns out only a portion of the new decking boards are in stock and the rest not available until early December 🤨,  so this project won’t be completed for a while. 
I’ve also been working on the dreaded chore of switching out summer/winter clothes. 
After returning from our Disney trip, 3 out of the 7 of us were under the weather for a day or so. Just mild virus like (headache, fatigue, no appetite) or cold symptoms.  We all got tested and were negative.  I had to remind myself that there are so many other viruses (“bugs” as my Mother would’ve called them) out there that aren’t Covid!  Everyone is better now. 
Today I’m enjoying the absolutely gorgeous fall day here in RI and we’re having dinner with our closest friends tonight.  

Happy to hear they were just fall bugs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

My traditional mask always fogs up.   I also tried a more expensive one bought from a dive shop.  Same thing.  When asking about it on a return to the shop...he told me I was a was breathing though my nose too much.  Told me to do exercises where I just breathed through my mouth.  Still didn't work.  Guess I didn't master the trick.  😮 

😁