Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Marietta.I am proud to speak fluent Brooklynese.

I have a 91 year old friend who I worked with for many years. She is an Italian woman who was born in England and lived in Italy before coming to the US.She has a British accent,an Italian Accent and a NY accent.She lived in Queens when we worked together.Presently she lives in Florida .

Lenny, I was born and raised in NY State. Left when I was 18 y/o in 1970. In 2014 I took my wife back there to introduce her to my mom, sisters and to show her where I grew up. Man everyone now talks with an accent. 😉 But not like those of you in the boroughs  NYC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, I was born and raised in NY State. Left when I was 18 y/o in 1970. In 2014 I took my wife back there to introduce her to my mom, sisters and to show her where I grew up. Man everyone now talks with an accent. 😉 But not like those of you in the boroughs  NYC.

My wife has no accent she was raised in the Buffalo area 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Saw this on a different site.  Solarium pool is currently closed on Mariner due to stowaways.  

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Mmmm...bring on the honey!!  Found this situation at a gas station once.  The separate RV pump station had a huge, very active hive that pretty much developed overnight, supposedly.  Had to go in and point it out to the employees inside....who were clueless.  

Naturally no one was fueling up there.  😮 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay everybody, apparently prayers and good wishes work!!!! MRI could not have been better.  He has some liver lesions that have actually gotten smaller.  Doctor was very happy as are we😃🍾

Now we direct all our good wishes towards Lenny and his family!!!!

That is great news, Marietta!  Crazy that they just couldn't have told you that over the phone or in the email they sent.  I will have a Cosmo with you in spirit tonight! 🙂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, the only ice cream man I remember used to carry his ice cream cooler on the sand shouting "get your ice cold fudgy wudgy here".

All of my exNY friends and those I meet originally from NY, tawwk just like me. 😁 

Jack is in the USA over 50 years and still sounds like an Israeli in Tel Aviv.  He introduces himself as "Jock" and people think he's French. 🤣

Do you remember Katz’ Furniture from Orchard Street ? I just ordered furniture from them .

Remember when I asked if you remembered my cousins store,Harris Levy Linens.They were at 278 Grand St.from 1894 to about 10 years ago.They are now on Forsyth St.

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay everybody, apparently prayers and good wishes work!!!! MRI could not have been better.  He has some liver lesions that have actually gotten smaller.  Doctor was very happy as are we😃🍾

Fantastic!!  Congrats!!  Sooo happy to hear your good news!!  

Indeed time to celebrate!!  

image.jpeg.4f2eafa28fae46c6c3c07da5a3772f12.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That's is Great news!    So happy for you and Charlie🥰     Definitely time to celebrate🍸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Absolutely fantastic news Marietta.

I'm delighted for you both.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Wonderful news! What a relief!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Outstanding news!  Congratulations.  That must be a huge relief.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I will bring the chips, Bucky is bring the Tequila!!  😄 

We were going to go out to eat later, Chinese, but the hell with that. No need to bring anything. I got ya covered. Let's get this party started. 🍹

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I find it very rare to find a good classic rock singer or band on a cruise.When we were on The Anthem in 2019 we saw The Royal Swedes in a lounge .They were taking audience requests and were not familiar with the three classic rock songs that I requested.They did say that they would try and learn them before the end of the cruise .We went back to hear them several times,they did not sing the songs and I never said anything.

I remember a headliner from a few years ago.  I think he was the lead singer for Foreigner, if my memory is correct.  If that's true, it may have been Kelly Hansen.  I remember that he sang a few classic rock songs but his act covered a variety of music types and I think he even played an instrument...maybe the clarinet??  We thought he was talented and his act was OK, but I was hoping for more classic rock.  Anyone else remember this and can refresh my memory?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Such fantastic news for Charlie and you. I'm so happy for you both. Yes you should raise a glass tonight in honor of a great MRI report.

• Thanks 1

@DaniDanielle so glad to hear the MRI results were good news.  I think I’ll have a glass of wine for you tonight!

Good progress being made on the new deck. 
We head to Cooperstown NY on Friday with middle DD, SIL and 2 granddaughters. DD & SIL have a wedding there Saturday night, we’re the traveling babysitters LOL. We rented a house thru the “air” place ( wasn’t sure I could say it here).  The weather doesn’t look great but it should be a pretty drive out there. 
I was surprised but happy my Red Sox beat out Tampa Bay in the division series.  Seems like maybe Tampa Bay’s over confidence that they’d take it may have lit a fire under the Sox.  I don’t see them beating Houston, but I said the same about TB 🤷🏻‍♀️.  
We are having a gorgeous stretch of weather here in RI this week.  Mid 70’s and the trees are starting to turn.  
Very belated Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated Monday.  @A&L_Ont that meal looked fantastic & makes me want to roast a turkey.  

7B6665BD-42AD-40BA-921E-299E84AF7890.jpeg

954BA380-EDA9-4B15-B9A8-F6DCE7F5D008.jpeg

• Like 10