Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I grew up about 240 miles east of Buffalo. My mother now thinks I have an accent. 😁

I call my 95 year old mom daily she always starts the conversation with How are you doing, sounds like Joey from friends 😁.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay everybody, apparently prayers and good wishes work!!!! MRI could not have been better.  He has some liver lesions that have actually gotten smaller.  Doctor was very happy as are we😃🍾

Now we direct all our good wishes towards Lenny and his family!!!!

+1 👍

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is great news, Marietta!  Crazy that they just couldn't have told you that over the phone or in the email they sent.  I will have a Cosmo with you in spirit tonight! 🙂 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Fantastic!!  Congrats!!  Sooo happy to hear your good news!!  Indeed time to celebrate!!  

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's is Great news!    So happy for you and Charlie🥰     Definitely time to celebrate🍸

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely fantastic news Marietta. I'm delighted for you both. Graham.

56 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Wonderful news! What a relief!

52 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Outstanding news!  Congratulations.  That must be a huge relief.

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Such fantastic news for Charlie and you. I'm so happy for you both. Yes you should raise a glass tonight in honor of a great MRI report.

15 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@DaniDanielle so glad to hear the MRI results were good news.  I think I’ll have a glass of wine for you tonight!

+9 , Marietta, I'm sure some of us were stealing a look at the clock....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think all of you who have cruised already did antigen tests, right?

A friend is panicking because  has a Viking Ocean cruise booked out of Athens and is flying Nov 30. That puts her 72 hour test at Saturday, Nov 27. 
Viking requires a PCR test. 
Evidently PCR test results can take up to 72 hours for results. 
Since it’s Thanksgiving weekend, labs may be closed or short staffed. 
So at 72 hours they’d already be at the airport. 
Anybody got any ideas to save her from a nervous breakdown?

I don’t know if PCR test results routinely come back soon than 72 hours, but that’s a bad weekend to expect that!

Okay everybody, apparently prayers and good wishes work!!!! MRI could not have been better.  He has some liver lesions that have actually gotten smaller.  Doctor was very happy as are we😃🍾

So thankful for the good news.  Let the stress melt away. Thanks for sharing.  It's always great to hear good news! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Evidently PCR test results can take up to 72 hours for results. 

Not necessarily. Here we get results within 24, max 36 hours.

May be she can ask if "expedite" will not cost a fortune? Worth adding some "dough" for the peace of mind....

In for a penny, .... etc.

At least, that's my motto.

• Like 2

Great news,Marietta.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I'm glad I didn't miss this post as I was trying to catch up on the thread. Very reassuring MRI. Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@DaniDanielle so glad to hear the MRI results were good news.  I think I’ll have a glass of wine for you tonight!

Good progress being made on the new deck. 
We head to Cooperstown NY on Friday with middle DD, SIL and 2 granddaughters. DD & SIL have a wedding there Saturday night, we’re the traveling babysitters LOL. We rented a house thru the “air” place ( wasn’t sure I could say it here).  The weather doesn’t look great but it should be a pretty drive out there. 
I was surprised but happy my Red Sox beat out Tampa Bay in the division series.  Seems like maybe Tampa Bay’s over confidence that they’d take it may have lit a fire under the Sox.  I don’t see them beating Houston, but I said the same about TB 🤷🏻‍♀️.  
We are having a gorgeous stretch of weather here in RI this week.  Mid 70’s and the trees are starting to turn.  
Very belated Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated Monday.  @A&L_Ont that meal looked fantastic & makes me want to roast a turkey.  

7B6665BD-42AD-40BA-921E-299E84AF7890.jpeg

954BA380-EDA9-4B15-B9A8-F6DCE7F5D008.jpeg

I was kind of rooting for both teams.A guy who played for the Red Sox 22 years was very good friends a guy who I worked with.

The parents of the owner of the Rays lived around the corner from me many years ago.

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just got back from the garden.  Not bad.  I have a BUNCH of basil to harvest.   I think I am going to make that bread again.

B43E8165-7968-48F1-98B8-82DDAE88A1BA.thumb.jpeg.9dfde9df43b160a95a63ca73a59c482e.jpeg

That's quite a harvest.  Do the yellow and purple looking tomatoes taste differently from the red ones?

Yaaaay!!! The best news.  You both can relax now.  Let the party begin!🥂

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you remember Katz’ Furniture from Orchard Street ? I just ordered furniture from them .

Remember when I asked if you remembered my cousins store,Harris Levy Linens.They were at 278 Grand St.from 1894 to about 10 years ago.They are now on Forsyth St.

Katz' Furniture is not familiar.  I vaguely remember Harris Levy.  I used to go to school with a gal whose father owned Eckstein Dry Goods on the corner of Grand and I think Orchard.  Big store.

52 minutes ago, George C said:

I call my 95 year old mom daily she always starts the conversation with How are you doing, sounds like Joey from friends 😁.

You're a good son!

I posted this once before.  When I had a teacher conference with my daughter's HS math teacher, here in TX, the minute he opened his mouth I said "OMG you sound just like Joe Pesce in the movie My Cousin Vinny".  He laughed and said "yeah, yeah, yeah, I wish I had his money", 🤣

• Like 5

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, I was born and raised in NY State. Left when I was 18 y/o in 1970. In 2014 I took my wife back there to introduce her to my mom, sisters and to show her where I grew up. Man everyone now talks with an accent. 😉 But not like those of you in the boroughs  NYC.

None of my friends or NYC born relatives have accents only me.

After the excellent news from Marietta, back to our "regular" program.....

I was very surprised to find out there is an episode which we missed.

Turns out there were 4 or 5 episodes "Christmas special", and Sea Fever was one of them 😉

Now I'm looking for the episode on the net. No luck so far.

@grapau27  @MJSailors  @jagsfan  @Sunshine3601

• Like 2

Great news Marietta. Very happy for you and Charlie.

We had a great day in St Martin. We walked downtown. Then took a cab to Orient Beach. Beach was very nice. Lunch was delish. I had filled of snapper cooked in white wine with carrots, mushrooms and haricot verts. It was so good. Hubby had a coconut crusted Mahi with curry sauce. Both were really very good. 

Some parts of the beach ⛱ had seaweed, but none where we were dropped off.

The Grandeur was docked down two piers. She looked very tired, old, dented/banged. It looked like she got a paint job, but still looked very banged up. Imho, it is time to get her off life support and bury her at sea. I KNOW she has a big fan following, but this is just my ho, and did not mean to offend any fans. 

I see some other Radience sisters bobbing around but they are too far to read names. 

We are now back on the ship. Next two days are sea days. 

More things are open than in July, but St Martin has still not been restored to its former glory. Slow work in progress. I was told that more visitors are starting to come for week long stays and locals are very thankful for that. Main street is still quite barren compared to pre covid, but I saw two new jewellery stores open up at the port. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

That's quite a harvest.  Do the yellow and purple looking tomatoes taste differently from the red ones?

I am assuming you are asking about the cherry tomatoes. They all taste great and all very productive . I would say there is a slight difference in them but not much.  The Yellow Pear tomatoes are a bit milder.  Early on, larger ones were produced and looked like small pears.  The Black Cherry tomatoes have a thinner skin.  They need to be eaten right away.  The Large Red Cherry tomatoes are big, especially the first ones produced. I may not continue the Black Cherry tomatoes only because it’s hard to tell when they are ripe due to the color.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's great, Sue !!! 🌷

I was sure that, living in Europe, you've already been to Malta.

I lived there as a very young child for three years, and my eldest had a summer job there between school and university, so we visited then. But its been  more than 10 years ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Turns out there were 4 or 5 episodes "Christmas special", and Sea Fever was one of them 😉

I will look online and see if I can find full episode for you.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

In hindsight, his colleagues, the few of them who were switched from "temporary" to "tenure" [usually, sons/daughters of cockpit crew], are laid off, and he is working.... Who knew that in a matter of 2 months, Covid will strike 😢

Its been very bad for aviation everywhere. That and events, hospitality and live music and theatre. But airlines are starting to rehire now, though usually on worse terms and conditions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Great news Marietta. Very happy for you and Charlie.

We had a great day in St Martin. We walked downtown. Then took a cab to Orient Beach. Beach was very nice. Lunch was delish. I had filled of snapper cooked in white wine with carrots, mushrooms and haricot verts. It was so good. Hubby had a coconut crusted Mahi with curry sauce. Both were really very good. 

Some parts of the beach ⛱ had seaweed, but none where we were dropped off.

The Grandeur was docked down two piers. She looked very tired, old, dented/banged. It looked like she got a paint job, but still looked very banged up. Imho, it is time to get her off life support and bury her at sea. I KNOW she has a big fan following, but this is just my ho, and did not mean to offend any fans. 

I see some other Radience sisters bobbing around but they are too far to read names. 

We are now back on the ship. Next two days are sea days. 

More things are open than in July, but St Martin has still not been restored to its former glory. Slow work in progress. I was told that more visitors are starting to come for week long stays and locals are very thankful for that. Main street is still quite barren compared to pre covid, but I saw two new jewellery stores open up at the port. 

That's great you had a wonderful day lunch and beach day at St. Martin. 

So sad to hear about Grandeur.    She is scheduled to restart early December out of Barbados.     Someone else posted the other week saying they heard a lot of noise (workers) on the Grandeur.   Sounds like she needs a lot of TLC.      There is concern on whether or not the Barbados sailings will actually happen as Barbados has some strict covid protocols for travelers.     We were booked for a b2b Feb in a nice JS but so far I have move funds from 1st leg to another sailing and haven't decided what sailing to move funds to for 2nd sailing so they sit for now.   

Enjoy your 2 sea days🤩

• Like 1

Not necessarily. Here we get results within 24, max 36 hours.

May be she can ask if "expedite" will not cost a fortune? Worth adding some "dough" for the peace of mind....

In for a penny, .... etc.

At least, that's my motto.

My motto, whatever it takes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is great news, Marietta!  Crazy that they just couldn't have told you that over the phone or in the email they sent.  I will have a Cosmo with you in spirit tonight! 🙂 

As @reallyitsmemasuggested, cheers to you, Marietta and Charlie!  I'm happy for the good news and sorry you had to wait so long to get it! @DaniDanielle

20211013_174529234.thumb.jpg.d49ef4c6bfeff5ce7f54bbf18846f52d.jpg

Edited by derorim
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Full episode is on YouTube.

Mrs Bucket on QE2.

Screenshot_20211013_231002.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Its been very bad for aviation everywhere.  Imagine, Lufthansa is doing away with BC....

That and events, hospitality and live music and theatre. My friend has, for the last 30 years, a company arranging medical events/meetings/congresses.... Dead business, mostly is done by Zoom now.... and the results are above, with Lufthansa.

An example of how Covid-19 messed up lives....

Our next door neighbors have 3 beautiful daughters. One of them was a FA with my son, but her dream was to be a pilot. She saved and saved until she had enough to fly to Florida, to start training (2017). Very hard for her to be there all alone -- they are a very close knit family.

She passed all her tests with "flying colors", until in February 2020 she had the commercial pilot license and 1000 hours to start looking for a job.... She had her dream, but nowhere to fly. In Israel from 2/2020, working on a whole different job. I feel for sad for her, after all the hardship and loneliness.

Ofri.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank, you God!!   I'm  so very happy to hear this wonderful news about Charlie!  What a huge relief for the two of you!!  Now you can celebrate!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1