Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay everybody, apparently prayers and good wishes work!!!! MRI could not have been better.  He has some liver lesions that have actually gotten smaller.  Doctor was very happy as are we😃🍾

Now we direct all our good wishes towards Lenny and his family!!!!

Yippee.  I am so happy for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am assuming you are asking about the cherry tomatoes. They all taste great and all very productive . I would say there is a slight difference in them but not much.  The Yellow Pear tomatoes are a bit milder.  Early on, larger ones were produced and looked like small pears.  The Black Cherry tomatoes have a thinner skin.  They need to be eaten right away.  The Large Red Cherry tomatoes are big, especially the first ones produced. I may not continue the Black Cherry tomatoes only because it’s hard to tell when they are ripe due to the color.

Yes, the small cherry tomatoes.  Here, unless I can get field grown, not hot house grown, I prefer grape tomatoes.  

Onward to dinner.  Had a Costco run, bought lox, and with bagels, cream cheese and a salad that should tide us over until ice cream time later in the evening.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

An example of how Covid-19 messed up lives....

Our next door neighbors have 3 beautiful daughters. One of them was a FA with my son, but her dream was to be a pilot. She saved and saved until she had enough to fly to Florida, to start training (2017). Very hard for her to be there all alone -- they are a very close knit family.

She passed all her tests with "flying colors", until in February 2020 she had the commercial pilot license and 1000 hours to start looking for a job.... She had her dream, but nowhere to fly. In Israel from 2/2020, working on a whole different job. I feel for sad for her, after all the hardship and loneliness.

Ofri.jpg

Sad Story and hopefully someday soon she will be able to restart what needs to be done for her dream job.    She is a beautiful young lady.   

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I think all of you who have cruised already did antigen tests, right?

A friend is panicking because  has a Viking Ocean cruise booked out of Athens and is flying Nov 30. That puts her 72 hour test at Saturday, Nov 27. 
Viking requires a PCR test. 
Evidently PCR test results can take up to 72 hours for results. 
Since it’s Thanksgiving weekend, labs may be closed or short staffed. 
So at 72 hours they’d already be at the airport. 
Anybody got any ideas to save her from a nervous breakdown?

I don’t know if PCR test results routinely come back soon than 72 hours, but that’s a bad weekend to expect that!

At my home, pcr test results are taking 1 day.  As less people are testing nowadays she may get her results quicker.  

Maybe she can check with local urgent care as the are usually quick and should be open during holidays.

Most large airports are offering pcr testing but the cost is anywhere from $100 to $200.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

At my home, pcr test results are taking 1 day.  As less people are testing nowadays she may get her results quicker.  

Maybe she can check with local urgent care as the are usually quick and should be open during holidays.

Most large airports are offering pcr testing but the cost is anywhere from $100 to $200.

I told her to check urgent care centers, hospitals, and to make appointments at CVS, Walgreens, and everywhere she can think of, and to check prices. And to see if a doctor’s prescription makes a difference. 
One of my neighbors was charged $480 at an urgent care. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

It’s still very much up in the air, but I’m really not expecting anything this season, especially for overseas visitors, some are hopeful for limitited cruises early next year but Aussies and NZers only and only Aussie ports. Personally I’m not expecting wide scale OS visitors allowed in till mid 2022 at earliest and doubt cruising will kick off prior to that. 

Our “normal” cruise season is Oct-April and I think best case is restart next Oct.

I really hope you're right about October. We are supposed to do a TP and then an 11 night NZ cruise next year.

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's great, Sue !!! 🌷

I was sure that, living in Europe, you've already been to Malta.

Son was "temporary" [a 5 years contract only], terminated at December 31st, 2019. This was his 2nd contract. You can go back after a break of 3 years. So he knew what he was getting into.... 

In hindsight, his colleagues, the few of them who were switched from "temporary" to "tenure" [usually, sons/daughters of cockpit crew], are laid off, and he is working.... Who knew that in a matter of 2 months, Covid will strike 😢

Dani, why must they take 3 years off?

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay everybody, apparently prayers and good wishes work!!!! MRI could not have been better.  He has some liver lesions that have actually gotten smaller.  Doctor was very happy as are we😃🍾

That is so great to hear. Happy for you both.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

This is the best thing I’ve seen all day. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

An example of how Covid-19 messed up lives....

Our next door neighbors have 3 beautiful daughters. One of them was a FA with my son, but her dream was to be a pilot. She saved and saved until she had enough to fly to Florida, to start training (2017). Very hard for her to be there all alone -- they are a very close knit family.

She passed all her tests with "flying colors", until in February 2020 she had the commercial pilot license and 1000 hours to start looking for a job.... She had her dream, but nowhere to fly. In Israel from 2/2020, working on a whole different job. I feel for sad for her, after all the hardship and loneliness.

It is unfortunate that she could not fly for Southwest.  She’d be a much better option than this alternative.🙂

6E2B5521-B3A9-4027-BA81-07B49CE48DB1.jpeg.9dc30484cf95f94fb411087222734be9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I told her to check urgent care centers, hospitals, and to make appointments at CVS, Walgreens, and everywhere she can think of, and to check prices. And to see if a doctor’s prescription makes a difference. 
One of my neighbors was charged $480 at an urgent care. 

$480  that is crazy.  Hopefully they can submit claim to insurance.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

$480  that is crazy.  Hopefully they can submit claim to insurance.

Another thought tell her to go onto county dept of health website and see what they show for testing sites.  Some towns have little mom and pop pharmacies that do testing without crazy wait times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This may be hard to believe but we went out to dinner and I didn't take a picture of the food! 

We are taking our Sarah out for a meal later at our favourite Italian restaurant so I will post photos later.

Graham.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last night, I was staring up at all these leaves that will drop in my yard over the next few weeks

EEB91A5C-3A7C-4014-A268-D172F546B65F.thumb.jpeg.816634728e413bceb825b2c7965b9dbe.jpeg

A9A8E019-BACD-4C44-8B09-7B21D157A4D6.thumb.jpeg.f66447e2dfeae3c9405cd07ca7518768.jpeg

This morning, we are on our way to the funeral.  Only 3 more hours to get there. At least traffic isn’t too bad yet. 

CE482E60-6840-4DF0-93FA-4BAAFA3BFB8A.thumb.jpeg.1702863f82059228280ca13c6d953702.jpeg

So sorry for your families loss.  Safe travels.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Last night, I was staring up at all these leaves that will drop in my yard over the next few weeks

EEB91A5C-3A7C-4014-A268-D172F546B65F.thumb.jpeg.816634728e413bceb825b2c7965b9dbe.jpeg

A9A8E019-BACD-4C44-8B09-7B21D157A4D6.thumb.jpeg.f66447e2dfeae3c9405cd07ca7518768.jpeg

This morning, we are on our way to the funeral.  Only 3 more hours to get there. At least traffic isn’t too bad yet. 

CE482E60-6840-4DF0-93FA-4BAAFA3BFB8A.thumb.jpeg.1702863f82059228280ca13c6d953702.jpeg

I am sorry for your loss.  I just told my husband yesterday we will need to get the leaf sweepers out soon.

• Like 2

I am pleasantly surprised comcast/xfinity truck pulled up at 8 am.   Figured we would be waiting all morning for them to show up!

Although I am tired of this game of switching providers every 2 years when contracts run out.    

We decided for now to just do internet connections and will use smart tv streaming then add tv channels for next summer when we have tenants back in.   This is the first year that we didnt do winter renter so might as well save on monthly cable bill.

• Like 2

Just heard Captain Kate's excellent news....she is bringing out the Beyond in April 2022.

She has mentioned many times that her two biggest wishes are to bring out a new ship or to be appointed a godmother of a ship. So now she gets one wish. So happy for her and thrilled 💓....going to go book a Beyond sailing that we have been eyeing for a while.

• Like 5