Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you need a southern grammar lesson.  Y'all is singular.  If you want to address a group of people, the plural term is All Y'all. 😁

Which brings us full circle.  How do you say y'all in Italian?

????????? I can't even say it in English.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

It was great meeting you too! We had a fantastic cruise. Hope yours was as perfect as ours.

Thanks...yes it was, and happy to hear yours was as well.  We totally enjoyed both weeks.   

Bucky was totally bummed out the two weeks were already gone.  Me...eh...I just look at it as getting some laundry done, celebrating the holidays with family, then back on the ship again in three weeks.  😉   

Bucky taking a last wistful look just before we left the cabin, sad face to be leaving.

20211212_071606.jpg

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

????????? I can't even say it in English.

You don't want me to bless your cotton pickin heart either.  I have been saying y'all (much to my mother's horror) ever since we moved there when I was in 5th grade.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon.

48°F,wet and cloudy today.

Pauline woke with a nasty headache and pains in her limbs after her Moderna booster jab yesterday afternoon so she is spending the day in bed.

It is 5 years today since I joined Cruise Critic.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks...yes it was, and happy to hear yours was as well.  We totally enjoyed both weeks.   

Bucky was totally bummed out the two weeks were already gone.  Me...eh...I just look at it as getting some laundry done, celebrating the holidays with family, then back on the ship again in three weeks.  😉   

Bucky taking a last wistful look just before we left the cabin, sad face to be leaving.

20211212_071606.jpg

That is a sad face but you only have a few more weeks until your next cruise. I'm jealous! Retirement can't come fast enough!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Pauline woke with a nasty headache and pains in her limbs after her Moderna booster jab yesterday afternoon so she is spending the day in bed.

Graham.

They say best to drink lots of fluids maybe some hot tea or water along with some tylenol seems to help.    I'm sure she will be feel better soon 😍

I plan on going for my Pfizer sometime this week.   Eric had his in October.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you need a southern grammar lesson.  Y'all is singular.  If you want to address a group of people, the plural term is All Y'all. 😁

Yes, of course, I know the southern "grammar", but I just can't say "y'all" (you ALL) to just one person.  The only time I've heard "all y'all" was on the Kelly Clarkson show.  After living here 18 years, I'm just not Texan enough to tawwk the tawwk. 🙄

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Graham.

I sure hope Pauline feels better soon!

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@dani negreanu    Did you watch Miss Universe contest?    I watched a little of it and loved to see the scenery.

I thought there was a tourist travel ban into Israel because of the new variant.  I forget which countries are bannned, but there are Miss Universe entrants and their families from all over the world who came into Israel.  Jack watched it because it was held in Israel and I sort of glanced at it while on the computer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@dani negreanu    Did you watch Miss Universe contest?    I watched a little of it and loved to see the scenery.

No, I didn't... It totally skipped my mind, beside the fact that they got a special dispensation to carry on with the contest, even with the new Omicron regulations in place.

Eilat is a very nice place, nr. 1 destination for vacation for the locals. Since DH and sun soaked vacations don't get along (melanoma, SCC&BCC), it's been 20 years since we've been to Eilat. 

One of the reasons it skipped my mind is that, influenced by friends who have spent the WE in Nazareth, we decided yesterday afternoon, on the spur of the moment, to book a night there, to see the X-mas celebrations. We've never been there. I know..., and it's a shame.

DH wanted an authentic place, and not a chain (Ramada, like our friends). After many searches, and reading TripAdvisor reviews, I think I've found the ONE.

Hope to have some nice pictures tomorrow. Rain is predicted from tomorrow afternoon until X-mas, so hopefully, we'll manage to visit some places before the "deluge"...

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eilat is a beautiful city.  We were there once for a few days and loved how the majestic mountains look so amazing up close to the water (beach).  Gets super super hot in the summer.  We were there in May and I couldn't sit out in the sun for more than 10 minutes.  I was much younger then and now I would hunker down in the shade except for when I would be in the water all slathered up with sunscreeen.  Low humidity which makes it bearable.  Believe it or not, December has the highest humidity, June the lowest.  Google is my friend.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, I chickened out. I’m having what I think is the oldest item, the chicken Kiev, and for sides, Tiramisu and more Tiramisu. That eliminates some of the pileup in the freezer, and I love Tiramisu. 
I told Dick he’s on his own. 

Mimi, I had your favorite last night......Shrimp Foo Yong. It was really good and I was enjoying it......but then I found (bit on) a small piece of glass in it and had to throw it away.

Bonnie, we went to see the drive through Christmas Light show in Bucks County. (thought about you)

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 2:44 PM, Ocean Boy said:

So I debated whether to post this as people might think me odd... When I lost my dog I had her cremated. She is in the curio in the family room. Someday when I go she is coming with me. 

Not odd at all. When my mom died we asked the funeral home if we could put the urns of her pets in her casket. We were told that we would be left alone to say goodbye. They didn't say yes or no.  She is surrounded by them again. Our kids know that we want them to take a nice cruise after we both pass and throw our ashes, combined with our dogs ashes, out to sea.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We used to leave at Midnight and drive from N.Y. to the Palm Coast in Florida, stay overnight, and get to Naples the next afternoon.  Last year, we left at 7:00 am,  stayed two nights on the road,  and took three days to get there.    We always took 3 days coming home.  We will take the 3 days to get to Florida from now on;  because,  you know, we're not getting any younger!😉

16 days to go.....😎

We do that too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Graham.

Sounds like a good plan. I hope Pauline feels better. Rest is the key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Graham.

Sorry to hear that Pauline had that reaction.Hopefully she is feeling better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Mimi, I had your favorite last night......Shrimp Foo Yong. It was really good and I was enjoying it......but then I found (bit on) a small piece of glass in it and had to throw it away.

Bonnie, we went to see the drive through Christmas Light show in Bucks County. (thought about you)

OMG finding glass in food is super dangerous!

I appreciate you thinking of me riding through Bucks County but....umm... why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

10 for us.  Time for some serious packing.

They want us to all do Christmas in Hawaii one year.  Maybe Christmas 2023, since we already have our Florida house booked for 2022 Christmas.  

I just have last minute packing to do.

Christmas in Hawaii sounds wonderful!🎄

16 hours ago, George C said:

image.jpeg

I love all of your beautiful Santas!

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Graham.

I hope Pauline feels better quickly.  

Congratulations on your 5 years on CC!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They say best to drink lots of fluids maybe some hot tea or water along with some tylenol seems to help.    I'm sure she will be feel better soon 😍

I plan on going for my Pfizer sometime this week.   Eric had his in October.

Debbie, is it tough to book an appointment by you, or can you just walk in?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Hope to have some nice pictures tomorrow. Rain is predicted from tomorrow afternoon until X-mas, so hopefully, we'll manage to visit some places before the "deluge"...

Dani, have a wonderful time in Nazareth!  I'd love to go there some day, although I've got some bucket list adventures to hopefully cross off my list already!  I hope the rain doesn't interfere with your lovely plans.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Believe it or not, December has the highest humidity, June the lowest.  Google is my friend.

Possibly due to all of the rain that Dani is expecting there?

Google is the friend of many!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mimi, I had your favorite last night......Shrimp Foo Yong. It was really good and I was enjoying it......but then I found (bit on) a small piece of glass in it and had to throw it away

Oh, no!  Horrible that this happened to you, and super bummer to have to get rid of your food that you were so enjoying.

We do that too.

You'll be heading to Orlando soon, yes?

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Wow, I would of hated that. I hate being around broken glass but biting on it, wow.  

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, is it tough to book an appointment by you, or can you just walk in?

I know it can be different depending where you live but this is something I need to decide, go to Walgreens (no CVS here) or order the Abbott test.  The Abbott test was easy but will need to order.  Not as comfortable doing the Walgreens test the day we would fly out.

5 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

That is a sad face but you only have a few more weeks until your next cruise. I'm jealous! Retirement can't come fast enough!

It will be here before you know it.   Just need the health and wealth to make it last!!  😉 

• Like 6