Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope Ava is okay

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great news!!  We have to wait until tomorrow for our granddaughter Ava's results.  She had a high temp last night, and it was 102.9 a few hours ago.

Ah, sorry to hear Ava isn't feeling well.    One good thing with the young ones is they usually break their fever in a day or so.     Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow🥰

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our granddaughter tested positive Monday.  Now they shut down her school and went to remote learning.  My grandson had to miss school because he only has one shot of the vaccine. They are all fine at my son’s house but have to miss a trip to North Carolina to visit his inlaws.  They are so upset because they all feel okay.  Luckily, we have not seen them for awhile so no exposure😳

So sorry to hear.    At least the kids probably aren't miss much with Christmas this week.    Their focus is not on school work.

I am hearing more and more kids testing positive these days then they did with Delta or previous strains.   

Makes me wonder if Royal is doing a good thing to let hundreds of unvaxxed children onboard for these holiday sailings.     I forget which ship but heard they had over 800 children onboard.    That's a lot of kiddos running around sharing everything and anything they touch on a ship.

Please don't get me wrong I love kids I just hope there are nowhere near that many on my Jan 9th sailing. 🤩

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I forget which ship but heard they had over 800 children onboard.    That's a lot of kiddos running around sharing everything and anything they touch on a ship.

That was the Anthem for our Thanksgiving cruise (785 + from what I remember). But I also read another Royal ship had equally as many. Staff on the Anthem had no ability to enforce any protocols and at times say anything. And when a few brave staff did, they were bulldozed to the point of abuse by the mommas. It seemed the staff had given up and I felt very bad for them. So many times I wanted to say something defending the staff....but DH literally had a vice grip on my arm to drag me away from the drama queen mommys. Grrrrr

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our granddaughter tested positive Monday.  Now they shut down her school and went to remote learning.  My grandson had to miss school because he only has one shot of the vaccine. They are all fine at my son’s house but have to miss a trip to North Carolina to visit his inlaws.  They are so upset because they all feel okay.  Luckily, we have not seen them for awhile so no exposure😳

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter ,Marietta.

The school that my daughter teaches in ,in LI has been closed since last Wednesday but my daughter who teaches in Brooklyn is a school that even though many kids have gotten Covid they kept it open.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ah, sorry to hear Ava isn't feeling well.    One good thing with the young ones is they usually break their fever in a day or so.     Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow🥰

Thank you, Debbie!❤️🤞

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

This is why I like Viking...noone onboard under 18. 

I prefer celebrity over rccl since there is a lot less children , my next cruise in a music charter on celebrity and adults only. We also like adult only resorts like sandals.

• Like 6

Okay. I was getting all stressed out reading the boards again. We are kitchen remodeling and the countertop people called today to see if we had our kitchen sink yet, so they could come out and measure?

We hadn't purchased the sink yet. So, I thought I would take a break and do sink shopping online. We found a sink and drain, it was supposed to be free shipping. By the time I finished the order, it was somehow scheduled for pickup at some distant Lowes that is 40 miles away. :classic_wacko: The drain was supposed to be shipped, but when I cancelled the sink, the drain turned into pick up as well. I was just about tearing my hair out at this point.:classic_ohmy: 

I cancelled the distant store order and managed to re-set the website to our local Lowes. I have hopefully reordered the correct items with free shipping. :classic_wacko: I am hoping we receive the sink and drain soon. My credit card charges are a mess. I think I will work on the faucet tomorrow. :classic_smile: Cruising is all in a tizzy again. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Okay. I was getting all stressed out reading the boards again. We are kitchen remodeling and the countertop people called today to see if we had our kitchen sink yet, so they could come out and measure?

We hadn't purchased the sink yet. So, I thought I would take a break and do sink shopping online. We found a sink and drain, it was supposed to be free shipping. By the time I finished the order, it was somehow scheduled for pickup at some distant Lowes that is 40 miles away. :classic_wacko: The drain was supposed to be shipped, but when I cancelled the sink, the drain turned into pick up as well. I was just about tearing my hair out at this point.:classic_ohmy: 

I cancelled the distant store order and managed to re-set the website to our local Lowes. I have hopefully reordered the correct items with free shipping. :classic_wacko: I am hoping we receive the sink and drain soon. My credit card charges are a mess. I think I will work on the faucet tomorrow. :classic_smile: Cruising is all in a tizzy again. 

One of my good poker buddies went thru kitchen remodel which took months , we need to do some remodeling but i don’t want to just gut it and start over , which we did for master bathroom.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

This is the feral cat we have been feeding for about 4 years

image.thumb.jpeg.55ee76507fd1d51f1b64402ebd0d46a8.jpeg

It is nice of you to take care of him. We used to have feral cats, although I never fed them. We used to trap and take them to the shelter sometimes. But in the last couple of years, the coyotes seem to have eaten them all. We have a large wildland park nearby, where rotten people dump cats, but that is also where the coyotes live. Bobby is indoor only, as will be any future cats. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

It is nice of you to take care of him. We used to have feral cats, although I never fed them. We used to trap and take them to the shelter sometimes. But in the last couple of years, the coyotes seem to have eaten them all. We have a large wildland park nearby, where rotten people dump cats, but that is also where the coyotes live. Bobby is indoor only, as will be any future cats. 

We do have coyotes and bobcats in our area , large park a block away from our house, luckily our outdoor kitty has survived,we have a ten foot fence so that eliminates the coyotes from our yard.

as for my larger indoor kitty Joebob he liked when our housekeepers make our bed so he can sleep at the head of the bed. He also loves sitting under Christmas tree.

image.thumb.jpeg.e0aaa8dddaeb4f8c5d8ba163ba52c425.jpeg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, George C said:

This is the feral cat we have been feeding for about 4 years

Thank you for doing this. All cats need love and attention.

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

All I want for Christmas is for everyone to be healthy enough to enjoy it, and to be with their loved ones. 

Amen to that Mimi !

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you Sea Dog- Greg. My hubby and I have been very fortunate this year and we are grateful . Now, if you could get Santa to stop by with the diamond tiara for me ( a little joke I have with hubby) I would be pleased ! LOL!

Wishing you and your wife a happy Christmas !

MJ🙋🏻

Let me see what I can do. Unfortunately Santa has supply chain issues. If he can't make it happen this Christmas, I'm sure he will make it happen for you in the future. You deserve it. Santa was going to get my wife Linda a new diamond ring for Christmas but she beat him to it purchasing one of her own in St. Maarten. I had to scramble to tell Santa to cancel the order.

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sounds good to me, no kids!  I love kids also but it seems that many parents let the kids run wild on a cruise.  

I love kids too but I agree with you wholeheartedly.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27 Graham,

Good luck tomorrow with the op. Fingers crosses, I'll be thinking about you. I'm sure you and Pauline will still have a very merry Christmas 🥰

DS1 brought very colorful shirts from Sri Lanka for his nephews and younger brother 😁

PHOTO-2021-12-17-18-37-36.thumb.jpg.06882e9e4c9759cff51f44187f538e0a.jpg

PHOTO-2021-12-17-18-37-37.thumb.jpg.7c6121e178f70ccd834b04ba06b01472.jpg

Thank you Dani.

Nice photos of a lovely family.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27 Graham,

Good luck tomorrow with the op. Fingers crosses, I'll be thinking about you. I'm sure you and Pauline will still have a very merry Christmas 🥰

DS1 brought very colorful shirts from Sri Lanka for his nephews and younger brother 😁

You have a beautiful family Dani

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27 Graham,

Beautiful family and Love the shirts🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1