Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

https://questdirect.questdiagnostics.com/products/covid-19-antibody-test

Quest labs has been offering the antibody test for the last 1.5 years.     Looks like this one offers the count.   I had one of these done Spring of 2020 and I came back negative at the time.     My insurance did cover the test maybe I will get another one after the holidays just to see where I am at after getting the booster last week.

Thanks for posting this. I think I’ll ask my primary care physician if I can get tested. If our insurance won’t cover it I might do it anyway in January. The price isn’t bad at all.

12 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

This is why I like Viking...noone onboard under 18. 

Same with Virgin Atlantic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You are in our thoughts too!  Please Let us know how things go with your surgery😍

Thank you for your best wishes Debbie.

The hospital has just rang.

I have to be there at 07.30am GMT tomorrow morning for my BCC op.

Graham.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for posting this. I think I’ll ask my primary care physician if I can get tested. If our insurance won’t cover it I might do it anyway in January. The price isn’t bad at all.

Same with Virgin Atlantic.

I didnt ask my doc.  I booked thru quest website on my own and insurance still covered it.  

Eric had asked his transplant doc about getting antibody test and she said dont bother just do everything you can to avoid exposure to covid and stay ontop of your vaccinations and boosters.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sounds good to me, no kids!  I love kids also but it seems that many parents let the kids run wild on a cruise.  

It actually seemed a bit odd with only adults on a cruise - never experienced that before. It was, however, quieter and more peaceful...at least until it wasn't 😳

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You missed my point. I was talking about antibody level not vaccine. After a certain point does a higher level gain you much more protection? I'm dropping out of this as I see where it is going. Have a great day.

I hope you don’t stay away OB!  I understand why the comment might bother you, but I’ll never understand why some people are so contrary and argumentative.  It IS possible to simply scroll on by something you don’t agree with.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from our Christmas vacation road trip.  I haven’t been on for a couple of days, so I will have to catch up while Susan takes her turn at the wheel. 

The last couple days were spent gathering everything we need for the next month, checking off the check list of 140 +/- items, and getting everything to fit in our sleigh.  It was a success, because I can even see out the back window. 

B7238EE1-4D7A-4C06-84E0-41811168C3E1.thumb.jpeg.103dc0dcc17535ce5a367fadd7df13b6.jpeg

Tonight, we will be staying in North Carolina at our favorite hotel at Christmas time.  They always have over the top decorations for Christmas. 

We are using the Waze app, and I activated the “drive with Santa” option, and our car shows up as a sleigh, with Santa giving us turning directions.  

1C619961-4429-48F4-A242-E8CD4A02C1B5.thumb.png.7a2ab5370abce0cd02928ca6b2f471f5.png

I set our first destination as the I79 rest stop in West Virginia, since that was about 2 hours into our drive.  

We both burst out laughing as we pulled in to the rest stop and Santa announced “You made it.  Now get in there and make some cookies!”

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

18 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our granddaughter tested positive Monday.  Now they shut down her school and went to remote learning.  My grandson had to miss school because he only has one shot of the vaccine. They are all fine at my son’s house but have to miss a trip to North Carolina to visit his inlaws.  They are so upset because they all feel okay.  Luckily, we have not seen them for awhile so no exposure😳

So many Christmas's are being ruined because of covid.  Its absolutely ripping through the UK. Even our Queen has changed all her plans and is staying at Windsor. Her SIL has caught it so he and Princess Anne won't be joining her now.

Our extended family members have had to self isolate and delay their Christmas too.

We all tested today and all negative 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No worries. I asked in general, not asking about your neighbor specifically.  I just wanted to know if anyone had info about having to wait to get jabbed after they had covid. 

My son who's just recovered from covid says 90 days.  He had his booster booked for 5th Jan but has had to cancel.  I'm not sure if he's been told this officially or just read it on the internet 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Has anyone seen or heard from @island lady?  I hope her and Bucky are ok😍

Aww...thanks!  Yes, we are still alive and kicking.  Still posting on threads on the main boards sometimes and our roll calls, but have been very busy with the holidays coming up.  We are getting ready for another B2B on Harmony (1/2 & 1/9) not to mention stressing out trying to get Covid tests scheduled for NYE for our 48 hours out!  😮 

Also getting the Land Yacht up for sale, and then down to visit my overworked sister for Christmas. 

Still thinking of you all...but since cruising has started up for us again...not really on "lockdown" any longer.  😉 

Happy Holidays to you and all my friends here.  🎄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Aww...thanks!  Yes, we are still alive and kicking.  Still posting on threads on the main boards sometimes and our roll calls, but have been very busy with the holidays coming up.  We are getting ready for another B2B on Harmony (1/2 & 1/9) not to mention stressing out trying to get Covid tests scheduled for NYE for our 48 hours out!  😮 

Also getting the Land Yacht up for sale, and then down to visit my overworked sister for Christmas. 

Still thinking of you all...but since cruising has started up for us again...not really on "lockdown" any longer.  😉 

I hope you both have a fantastic cruise on Harmony and find time to relax over Christmas for an extended Happy Hour.🍷🥂

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Happ to hear all is good and busy with life and future cruises.😍

We are doing a 22 night b2b on Anthem leaving Jan 9th, fingers and toes crossed.

This will be our first since feb 2020.  Eric already bought out our cruise luggage.

I'm sure the land yacht will sell quick!

Are you going to do the proctored tests at home or try to find somewhere to get tested?

• Like 5