Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am just concerned about going to my sister's house tomorrow

My alerts said: "possible exposure" and asked me if I was in this and this shop in this and this day at this and this hour... I had to reply yes or no. Replied no and never heard from "them" again.

Sometimes, after being in shops like supermarket or our "CVS", I'm checking the application for "possible exposures"...

Weird, just weird what's happening to us 😢

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am just concerned about going to my sister's house tomorrow for Christmas Eve and also on Christmas.

I feel sort of the same way about going into my brother's place on Christmas day. Everyone has been vaccinated and  (I think anyway) had boosters except for my 99 year-old Mom and my 96 year-old aunt (who claims she won't get any more covid shots - had two so far). My Mom's assisted living facility has not yet gotten the boosters. So, yeah, quite honestly I'd be just as happy to stay home and get together with my daughter and son-in-law - who both have had their boosters and are very cautious with where they go and so forth. Our church is a real crap-shoot also. I'm the organist and am playing both Christmas Eve services. My church has been poor to non-existent on masking since day one, so....it is what it is. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

On the first day of Christmas Graham said to me 

Please be serious and not silly

On the second day of Christmas Greg said to me

Please include Arzeena and George C

On the third day of Christmas Marietta said to me

Did you see a picture of my Christmas tree?

On the fourth day of Christmas Ozark said to me

There should be a rhyme for Ocean Boy and Dani

On the fifth day of Christmas MaryAnn said to me

I hope there will be no snow in Jersey

On the sixth day of Christmas Bella said to me

Glad to see a verse for a doggie

On the seventh day of Christmas Mimi said to me

Do not forget to include yourself Lenny

On the eight day of Christmas Debbie said to me

Isn’t it great that we have so much fun on CC

On the ninth day of Christmas Owens dad said to me

Can we sing this in the key of G

On the tenth day of Christmas a voice called to me

When will Survivor return to TV

On the eleventh day of Christmas Crystal said to me

Wow ,I am part of this ditty

On the twelvth day of Christmas I said to everyone :

I sincerely apologize if I left you out but I posted as fast as I could and if I have the opportunity to do this next year I will do this in advance.

It has been my honor to have the opportunity to het to “know” all the wonderful people who post here.

Thanks, Lenny

I'm glad to see you in the Christmas Spirit

• Like 5

Lenny, your Christmas Song put a real smile on my face....the one that starts within and then shows on the face and glistens in the eyes.  ☺️
(And thank you Greg for not letting him forget me and George C🥰)

I just feel so bad for everybody who has to think twice before seeing family and celebrating. Never expected it would get to making this decision. I am sending holiday hugs to everyone in this situation or not. At least we all have each other on CC and can "meet" here without all the ifs and the buts.

RJ and I wish everyone and their loved ones a very Happy and Healthy Holiday!🙏

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I sincerely apologize if I left you out but I posted as fast as I could and if I have the opportunity to do this next year I will do this in advance.

It has been my honor to have the opportunity to het to “know” all the wonderful people who post here.

Lenny, that was great but please remember me next year. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My alerts said: "possible exposure" and asked me if I was in this and this shop in this and this day at this and this hour... I had to reply yes or no. Replied no and never heard from "them" again.

Sometimes, after being in shops like supermarket or our "CVS", I'm checking the application for "possible exposures"...

Weird, just weird what's happening to us 😢

The second place we were told to check had tests and my DH and I just took one.  After impatiently waiting the fifteen minutes, we are both negative.  I am going to make my son take one too when he gets home.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We ordered the test kits online on Friday and received them Monday.     

All the urgent care centers near us are now charging $99 for the rapid test.     

CVS is booked up till Jan 5th

Walgreens is only booking up to 7 days out and is all booked up as soon as they post new day/time.

We went this afternoon to Walgreens (booked the appointment last thursday) to get the rapid antigen test to make sure all safe to visit with Family and an elderly person that is coming out of her assisted living home.      We went to the drive thru and they told us they were all out of the rapid tests and we could do the PCR test and we should have the results Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.     We did it since we were there but anyone that was expecting to use that test for travel would be screwed.  

If I was you I would be the first people at their door as soon as they open up that day or relax and order the online kits as you have plenty of time for them to arrive thru optum or emed.   It is easy peasy to do😍

The time you posted tells me How Long CC has not worked for me! 

What I was going to reply 4 Hours ago was I am glad I read this. Walgreens was my plan. I did eMed the first time and it was easy but I thought, why not Walgreens.  I wonder if the demand at Walgreens will drop  after the holidays.  

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What I was going to reply 4 Hours ago was I am glad I read this. Walgreens was my plan. I did eMed the first time and it was easy but I thought, why not Walgreens.  I wonder if the demand at Walgreens will drop  after the holidays.  

Love CC😇

Hard to say.  We could have more people testing after they get back home from holiday travel.  I have our proctored kits but still going to try to book a rapid one with cvs or walgreens for jan 7th. As a back up plan.

Do you cruise on the 9th too?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't know. We drove by a huge line of people halfway around a block today. Thought they were lined up at the cannabis dispensary/store, but then we noticed that they were lined up at a medical clinic for Covid testing. It is really difficult to get tested in CA/US right now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Early 2020 I was sent an email to register covid tracing app, never did it.

Last week both Eric and I received a text from unknown number with link to sign up for tracing app.  No thank you I dont want some unknown source tracking. 

Dani, are you required to sign up for tracing in Israel?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is really Great!  Put a huge smile on my face when I saw my name.  We do have lots of fun.

I'm so happy to be part of this family💕

Thank you very much Lenny.  Happy Holidays to you and your family.  🥰

• Like 5

Lenny this is wonderful.  I don’t know if the Debbie you mention is me or Sunshine, but it really doesn’t matter.  It’s the thought and the holiday spirit in which it was intended that makes it so great.  

• Like 5

Good job Lenny.  That was fun.  Have a Merry Christmas!

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😉

I came to "grandmotherhood" quite late (65 years when the 1st was born). Most of my friends were already "veterans" and raving about it. I admit, at times, I didn't understood what was the "fuss" ... 

NOW -- When one of them calls me: "Grannie", I'm melting and totally in awe of those tiny human beings in the making 💕

Dani, you have a beautiful family.  Your grandsons are adorable.  Being a grandparent is the "Best"!!!!

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

"No matter where I serve my guests it seems they like my kitchen best".

My MIL used to have a trivet with the same saying.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have no shame. The things I will do to be able to put my name in a raffle for purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon. Unfortunately it looks like my name was not drawn.

IMG-7542.thumb.jpg.73a3ef583d25724c9c4f968a119879c6.jpg

No one can say you don't have the Christmas Spirit, Greg!😁

Oh Lenny, how thoughtful and creative of you!!  Thank you!❤️

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I just feel so bad for everybody who has to think twice before seeing family and celebrating. Never expected it would get to making this decision. I am sending holiday hugs to everyone in this situation or not. At least we all have each other on CC and can "meet" here without all the ifs and the buts.

RJ and I wish everyone and their loved ones a very Happy and Healthy Holiday!🙏

We're still waiting on our granddaughters covid test that she had yesterday morning.  Still no word this evening.  My daughter was told it could take another 2 days for the results, since they are so backed up here.  We were supposed to all be together tomorrow for Christmas Eve, and again on Christmas Day.  It looks like we'll be canceling tomorrow, and hoping for Christmas Day.  We've already found a Church we can streamline Christmas Eve Mass, rather than go to our over-packed Church.

I wish you and RJ a very Happy and Healthy Holiday, Arzeena!🎄

37 minutes ago, Coralc said:

we noticed that they were lined up at a medical clinic for Covid testing. It is really difficult to get tested in CA/US right now. 

It's difficult to get tested here, also.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Graham, best of luck tomorrow and I will be praying for you.

Good Job Lenny.

This has to be the best thread.

Thank you Dani,  your insight on starting this thread has done more for me than you will ever know.

Thanks to all who share on this site.

♥️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We're still waiting on our granddaughters covid test that she had yesterday morning.  Still no word this evening.  My daughter was told it could take another 2 days for the results, since they are so backed up here.  We were supposed to all be together tomorrow for Christmas Eve, and again on Christmas Day.  It looks like we'll be canceling tomorrow, and hoping for Christmas Day.  We've already found a Church we can streamline Christmas Eve Mass, rather than go to our over-packed Church.

I hope she gets her PCR test back soon.  I looked into trying to get one tonight and all the places around here that were doing them are not doing them for people with no symptoms at this time, so we were lucky to find antigen tests.  It is hard on kids to miss anything at this time of year.  I hope the results come in overnight. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Early 2020 I was sent an email to register covid tracing app, never did it.

Last week both Eric and I received a text from unknown number with link to sign up for tracing app.  No thank you I dont want some unknown source tracking. 

Dani, are you required to sign up for tracing in Israel?

On Iphones in California, you just turn on the tracing app in settings. We have never received a notification. It would require someone to open their app and confirm that they have tested +. I think that probably rarely happens, and probably most people have forgotten about it altogether. :classic_sad:

Edited by Coralc

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

On Iphones in California, you just turn on the tracing app in settings. We have never received a notification. It would require someone to open their app and confirm that they have tested +. I think that probably rarely happens, and probably most people have forgotten about it altogether. :classic_sad:

I think we got it through an IOS update and then had to opt in or opt out after the update installed.  We had never heard of anyone getting a notification until I got one tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love CC😇

Hard to say.  We could have more people testing after they get back home from holiday travel.  I have our proctored kits but still going to try to book a rapid one with cvs or walgreens for jan 7th. As a back up plan.

Do you cruise on the 9th too?

Yes, we will be on Harmony.  We were first highly considering your cruise but it just wasn’t working  out for both us and our cruise friends.  Hopefully we will have an opportunity to join you in the near future.  
I agree that with people likely testing on return and the uptick, we would be taking a chance.  We meant to go talk to Walgreens today to find out how it is going but didn’t make it.  Being in a small town it may be a different circumstance here.  One thing we all have learned the last two years, things change and plans don’t always work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't know. We drove by a huge line of people halfway around a block today. Thought they were lined up at the cannabis dispensary/store, but then we noticed that they were lined up at a medical clinic for Covid testing. It is really difficult to get tested in CA/US right now. 

That reminds me, last night I saw on tv showing a very long line of people waiting in line to be tested.  I thought why would you want to be packed in a line of people that are waiting to test if they have Covid.  We have had many around here, for the last month, testing positive.  I have talked to several and all tested at home. Last year you would see long car lines waiting to be tested.

• Like 3

Just had a great pre pre Christmas dinner, the singer we have been friends with for about 15 years, very talented piano player singer who never learned to read music. Waiter forgot to include our bottle of wine with check , regretfully I had to correct him . Weird Christmas week will be in the 80’s on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Happy holidays to y’all. 

• Like 10