Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

"Genuine fake" Louis Vuitton silk scarfs... excellent quality, a real bargain, and ... I couldn't decide on one color....😁

20201221_163308.jpg

Paulines the same and always gets every colour when she can't make her mind up.🤔

I had a chat with the shop owner in the Grand Bazaar in Kusadasi and he sold me a top quality genuine fake Rolex from a selection not on general sale.

It has kept perfect time for over 4 years with only 2 battery changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

Coffee with sunrise, wine with sunset.!!

Back in my young and stupid days, I'd be turning in for the night at sunrise. So it could be possible there would be wine or some other adult beverage at sunrise. 

But back then, the only way to get an instant picture would be to lug around a Polaroid camera and that wasn't going to happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Sydney, including visits to Tazmania, NZ, South Pacific, circumnavigate the country of Australia, and TP to Honolulu and Vancouver.......

Oh wait...I already had that booked.  Just got the rest of the refunds...damn!!  😞 

If for some reason you ever end up in Honolulu you should stay at the Hale Koa on Waikiki if you haven't already. Right next to the Hilton and has a beautiful open lobby looking towards the beach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember being at the Bazaar in Istanbul one year when the pashmina craze had just started.  I saw some at the stalls for a teeny tiny fraction of what I’d paid at Needless Markup (our name for Neiman Marcus.)  Of course I was sure they must be inferior to my expensive one but I bought several just the same.  Got back to our hotel room and compared the new purchases to the costly one...the Turkish ones felt exactly as soft and warm and were in fact larger. 😁

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone.  I now have a list of places to checkout and confirmation on others. 

A few notes: @dani negreanu Antarctica is a bucket list for me, but it will be a father/son trip.  The Boss Lady saw footage of the passage over to Antarctica and said "Pass".  

Venice is top of Boss Lady's list. So I will have to hide Dani's photos unless I want to go there next.  

I have looked at both the South Pacific and Middle East ports.  

I honestly know very little of Copenhagen and Stockholm, so something to start studying. 

@island lady I was liking your choices of ports not your cancellations. 

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Keksie said:

We went to the Baths during an excursion from St. John USVI. It was a lot of fun.  Our Norway cruise started in Copenhagen.  We had 2 full days before and saw a lot but there was still a lot we didn't see.  I loved Copenhagen.    The port I think I would like to visit would be Papeete.  I would love a Tahitian cruise.

We had been booked to do a b2b Baltic/Norway cruise on Jewel this past August out of Copenhagen.     We were going to travel with my Brother and his Wife for their very first cruise.     We had 2 full days planned in Copenhagen pre-cruise then we would have had another day between the sailings to do more exploring.    

We are now booked for 10-day Jewel on 8.05.21.    Nice itinerary but not the same as the b2b we had planned with 5 ports in Norway last Aug.      I don't see the same itinerary for 2021 or 2022 that we had for 2020.

I am very excited to explore Copenhagen!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Domino D said:

Wondering with all the collective cruising experience on the thread, what is the one port you haven't visited yet that you most want to visit.  Different than a region or specific itinerary, just a port. 

Mine is London, second is Venice.  We've been trying to get to London 3 times now,  Our TA out of Southampton on Nov 1st was cancelled.   We just cancelled our October 4th cruise out of Venice...we're not ready to fly for so many hours with a mask on.  DH has 911 health issues, so there's that.

We are heading to Naples, Florida,  next week for the Winter;   so grateful that we have that to look forward to!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

If for some reason you ever end up in Honolulu you should stay at the Hale Koa on Waikiki if you haven't already. Right next to the Hilton and has a beautiful open lobby looking towards the beach. 

We stayed at HHV years ago and there was a massive party every night at Hale Koa

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Domino D said:

A few notes: @dani negreanu Antarctica is a bucket list for me, but it will be a father/son trip.  The Boss Lady saw footage of the passage over to Antarctica and said "Pass".  

Galapagos was 1st and foremost on my bucket list, not on my DH's.

He categorically declared: "I'm not flying over half the world to see some turtles...".

Luckily, my cousin, whose DH eats kosher and is not keen to travel abroad, agreed to travel with me, otherwise Galapagos would have remained forever "on the bucket".

She required also a week of shopping spree in NY in our way back, to which I readily agreed....

Galapagos for me, shopping for her -- fair enough.

We enjoyed both our respective "itineraries" very much 😁.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had been booked to do a b2b Baltic/Norway cruise on Jewel this past August out of Copenhagen.     We were going to travel with my Brother and his Wife for their very first cruise.     We had 2 full days planned in Copenhagen pre-cruise then we would have had another day between the sailings to do more exploring.    

We are now booked for 10-day Jewel on 8.05.21.    Nice itinerary but not the same as the b2b we had planned with 5 ports in Norway last Aug.      I don't see the same itinerary for 2021 or 2022 that we had for 2020.

Check into the Copenhagen card.  When we went you could get it for a set number of hours.  24, 72 etc.  It saved us a bunch of money.  Transportation is included, entrance to most attractions and a canal tour.  FYI some attractions have multiple places to pay such as tour the castle, see the stables etc.  Food is very expensive there also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good answer, but I was thinking more of a difference in actual photograph 😉

This is one of those times that I hate how easily I can be goaded.

Time of day - Photo 2 seems later in the day (first rule of SAT, obvious ones first)

Snow melt - Photo 2 has less snow on the ground

The zoom is different and possibly the angles

There is a pot in photo 2 not in photo 1

The neighbors light is on in photo 2

Seems like 1 is a wider angle shot, allowing us to see more of the neighbors back yard

The neighbor has/had young children as they have a playhouse. 

There is a second tree in the second photo not visible in the first. 

and yet somehow I think, none of that is it. 

Edit: Thought the umbrella was gone, but zooming revealed it's still there.  

Hope you and @singinalot are happy now. 

Edited by Domino D
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Galapagos was 1st and foremost on my bucket list, not on my DH's.

He categorically declared: "I'm not flying over half the world to see some turtles...".

Luckily, my cousin, whose DH eats kosher and is not keen to travel abroad, agreed to travel with me, otherwise Galapagos would have remained forever "on the bucket".

She required also a week of shopping spree in NY in our way back, to which I readily agreed....

Galapagos for me, shopping for her -- fair enough.

We enjoyed both our respective "itineraries" very much 😁.

Love that it was "Just to see turtles"  and that your cousin had to add a shopping trip requirement. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks...appreciate the suggestion.  Though I am actually partial to Maui and the Big Island.  We just use Honolulu for transfer when needed.  Have a fondness for Kauai as well.  Beautiful!  🙂 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Thanks to everyone.  I now have a list of places to checkout and confirmation on others. 

Venice is top of Boss Lady's list. So I will have to hide Dani's photos unless I want to go there next.  

I honestly know very little of Copenhagen and Stockholm, so something to start studying. 

I knew what you meant.  Thanks!  😉 

Yup, Antarctica is now on Bucky's bucket list as well.  He managed to spend the big "70" birthday doing one item on the list (crossing the Arctic circle), now has to reverse course for that one. 

Day of his birthday last August:

20200808_154600.jpg

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our August 2021 Jewel B2B (12 night each) Baltic and British Isles cruises were cancelled weeks ago, huge surprise being cancelled that far in advance.  The sent Jewel to Copenhagen versus our originally booked Amsterdam....with RCI cancelling them outright with no options.  😞 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

I have stayed in Copenhagen 4 times.

Lot's of things to see and do.

Nyhavn.

Little Mermaid.

Tivoli theme park to name a few.

We have stayed in the Admiral hotel on the waterside twice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1