Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Me too.  A 1985 beauty with 256KB of ram, a single 5.25" floppy drive (no hard drive), and a 640 X 480 CGA monitor.  I had to load DOS with one disc and then put in a different disc with an app.  I shortly added an acoustic coupler modem (where you put the phone handset into it) so that I could get online.  I remember that the whole setup cost me about $3K, the amount of my income tax rebate that I used to purchase it.  Zork seemed like an amazing game at the time.

My first was around the same time.  The state widen the road in front of my house and paid me $6,000 for my land they used.  The computer was a 386.  A few at work were buying the 286 with 20 meg hard drives.     When they heard I was getting a 40 meg hard drive they would say it was a waste and I would never use that much space 😂 After awhile they wished they had the space.

My last computer I built is old now.  Still running Windows 7.  I don’t really need one now but I am considering replacing it because I miss photoshop.  The old one can no longer handle the updated photoshop.  I love and miss creating art with it.  I like being able to take pics and making them look like oil paintings or improving scenes by removing items that distract.

• Like 2

A Man and His Dog...

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them..
After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.
When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'
'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.
Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.
Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up'. The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.
'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'
The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.
After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'
'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in..'
'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.
There should be a bowl by the pump.'
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.
'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.
This is Heaven,' he answered.
'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'
'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'
'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'
'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.

0_.facebook_1644197668119_6896264856186128584.jpg.461dec71bdc6191431104077f042651f.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A Man and His Dog...

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them..
After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.
When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up'. The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.
After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.
'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'
'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'
'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.

0_.facebook_1644197668119_6896264856186128584.jpg.461dec71bdc6191431104077f042651f.jpg

❤️❤️

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A Man and His Dog...

Thanks…….  Very touching. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sunset tonight after a cold but sunny day. 

C104D6A5-2E42-4E82-8C2A-396779F17F4A.thumb.jpeg.129ffb97b866c386745c1680b25bad79.jpeg

DF51D634-0756-40CB-BC41-54BAF89A7779.thumb.jpeg.13727f5c003ab697883d2add2ef23f30.jpeg

Those pictures are stunning. The rich colors are amazing. Something I don’t see way down south here in the states.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since my supper BBQ food picture doesn’t look nearly as good as Andrew’s, I will just post my drink that Greg may like.  

CF67498D-25B1-4369-B989-AC1A687BB0C5.thumb.jpeg.44be4e9a36227a14dd8c43fef3739a85.jpeg

Is  that a Blue Hawaiian? Looks very tasty

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Those pictures are stunning. The rich colors are amazing. Something I don’t see way down south here in the states.

Mia that a Blue Hawaiian? Looks very tasty

Greg, was the Old Fashioned your recipe? 
Tonight the male part of my family was drinking whiskey drinks from the past…think Whiskey Sour. I wanted to give them your Old Fashioned recipe. 
Dick, our son and our son-in-law would like it. 
If it wasn’t your recipe, I don’t know who to ask!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Greg, was the Old Fashioned your recipe? 
Tonight the male part of my family was drinking whiskey drinks from the past…think Whiskey Sour. I wanted to give them your Old Fashioned recipe. 
Dick, our son and our son-in-law would like it. 
If it wasn’t your recipe, I don’t know who to ask!

My Sea Dog Old Fashioned recipe 

1oz Rye Whiskey 

1 oz Bourbon

1/2 oz Simple syrup (I use proof syrup, or make Oleo Saccraham )

1/2 oz Melitti Amaro 

garnish with orange peel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

:classic_smile:

That was a "Twilight Zone" episode with a man and his coon hound. It ended well. :classic_biggrin: We just watched the Twilight Zone marathon again over New Year's weekend. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

On 2/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, dani negreanu said:

Can't do without some drama and palpitations... I was worried about passing the PCR test tomorrow, but now another, bigger worry, just "landed".

The Dubai authorities don't like the security measures taken in all the Israeli airplanes, and decided to stop the flights between Israel and Dubai on Tuesday, one day before our flight...

I'm too old for this.

I'm so sorry for your heartbreak. Hopefully this will be back to normal soon (or is this the new normal?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:18 PM, BonTexasNY said:

One time Jack, myself and our daughter, approx. 6 at the time were in Vegas.  Business for Jack, fun for me and our daughter.  We checked into our hotel and gave our daughter the hotel key card.  She always loved opening the door BUT nobody expected to see what was going on in that bedroom.  I'll try and put this as delicately as possible.  The minute the door opened and our daughter rushed in, the first thing she saw was a man on top of a woman,  in action, luckily under the sheet.  We all froze but none more than the couple in that bed.

We rushed downstairs OMGing all the way. Hotel comped our entire week stay!

Several years ago we went on a buying trip. We were antique dealers and footing the bill ourselves. So sometimes we found ourselves in small towns with slim hotel pickings.

Once we got a hotel somewhere in Pennsylvania. We woke up in the middle of the night when a couple entered the room next to us. We then discovered that there really wasn't a wall between us but some wainscoting that stopped about 2 inches short of the floor allowing light to leak into our room.

And we heard every noise. It was obviously an after work hook up with a LOT of beer and bathroom breaks.

After a few sleepless hours they left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A Man and His Dog...

This was on Twilight Zone last night. I love it.

Oops, coralc already said this.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
More info
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My Sea Dog Old Fashioned recipe 

1oz Rye Whiskey 

1 oz Bourbon

1/2 oz Simple syrup (I use proof syrup, or make Oleo Saccraham )

1/2 oz Melitti Amaro 

garnish with orange peel

Thank you. I’ll buy the ingredients and present them at our next family get together. 
Try to have  a nice relaxing day and enjoy watching your fur babies. 
Do you have to shower with strong  soap and then Hibiclens tomorrow morning?

When I had to do that the first time years ago, it turned my skin orange. 
I looked like Tony Kornheiser!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you. I’ll buy the ingredients and present them at our next family get together. 
Try to have  a nice relaxing day and enjoy watching your fur babies. 
Do you have to shower with strong  soap and then Hibiclens tomorrow morning?

When I had to do that the first time years ago, it turned my skin orange. 
I looked like Tony Kornheiser!

They want me to start  washing with chlorhexidine soap now around my knee. it's clear and so far is not turning my skin a different color. I just got back from taking my pre surgery covid test. Should come back negative.

What's kinda neat is that the surgeon has me on this automated texting service so i get instructions, tips and encouragement about twice a day. I must say I'm impressed with their thoroughness and attention to detail.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They want me to start  washing with chlorhexidine soap now around my knee. it's clear and so far is not turning my skin a different color. I just got back from taking my pre surgery covid test. Should come back negative.

What's kinda neat is that the surgeon has me on this automated texting service so i get instructions, tips and encouragement about twice a day. I must say I'm impressed with their thoroughness and attention to detail.

The two things so important in a doctor: being willing to actually listen to the patient, and meticulous attention to detail. 

• Like 9