Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Ours will still be up and lit till January.  Always heard it was bad luck to take them down before the new year.  (Plus we won’t be back till then)

I think some people did that last year, and look what happened. 😬😬

Everybody go put their stuff back up now.   

7 hours ago, island lady said:

So sorry to hear about your fur friend.  My sweet fur baby also did recently, and her sister went to Kitty heaven just before her.  The Demon cancer took them.  😞  

They passed almost two  years ago, first time being pet less.   So last year we booked a lot of longer cruises, B2Bs, and international.  That was to start middle of last year.  So much for that.  Would dearly love to get another couple, but want to get these longer trips out of our bucket list...if that will ever happen now. 

Thank you, sorry about your fur kids too. Just me in the big family house fixing things to sell it and get out of dodge! Really hard not to get another dog  Daughter wants the west coast of FL cause she has been there on business trips and likes it a lot. 

Then when we move there just a "short" walk to the ports there!

Happy Healthy New Year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We lost our cat of 15 years last September.  We decided not to get another cat as we travel so much.  Then 2020 arrives!!  I made it to May before I was so overwhelmed by loneliness that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  Now I’m not alone anymore!!  (Downside:  I have become a Crazy Cat Lady and take too many pictures and videos...)

image.thumb.jpeg.b1302829bfcd95ca0f44013fe50b7f50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8cf617268127b5e89b724b3e8f24e9f3.jpeg

Beautiful new kitties. Thank you for the photos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

I think I’ve mentioned that the drone has been giving me errors lately. We went on another hike this morning and once again it gave the gimbal motor overload error. This made for 4 times in a row. 

We got home a couple of hours ago and I called Best Buy to see if I could exchange. I purchased it in September so was fairly nervous they’d say no. I’m now back home with a new mavic mini. 🙂

Here are some pics from the hike this morning. We took a trail we hadn’t taken before and were all mesmerized by the colors of the stones and caves.9442EBF5-6F0A-42C1-BDCE-C79D6957D9ED.thumb.jpeg.8fe972c26d1f56c15086694aed3dd016.jpeg

C3B59457-AB80-402D-8AF9-05A8938D6B7B.jpeg

CD8312EB-BC66-4B52-BE52-55784A270119.jpeg

21F56928-A31E-4043-AF93-11DA168AB7C7.jpeg

6E926C0D-E183-47A4-B7A5-927529A9131D.jpeg

Beautiful photos.  And the doggies hiking too.

On 12/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, grapau27 said:

I remember seeing a camera on I-4 where you join from Sand lake road but never seen any others.

We have them all over the UK.

No speed cameras, that I know of, near me in PA or NJ.  Thank god since I'm known to be  heavy footed.  Take after my Dad who was a race car driver for several years.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Palmer Park Overlook. I haven’t been to Pulpit Rock in a couple of years but am dying to get out there with the drone.

We used to live out in Falcon Hills, and then in Monument.  I thought the vista looked familiar!

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Soooo, has anyone folded Christmas up yet?  Thinking about doing it tomorrow.

I took the Xmas tree and lights off the Gladiator yesterday before we went to my wife’s uncle’s funeral.  He died before thanksgiving and was 94 almost 95.  He was buried on his 95th birthday.  He was cremated and his ashes put into a basketball, and his boys and their children buried the ball after the ceremony.  I was like you can actually bury something in a cemetery on your own.  His boys all played high level college football, and crazily the coach (retired AD of the university) who recruited his son who is now a PhD ear doc, was at the funeral.  

today we washed the Gladiator and the wife’s XC40.  I turned off the blow ups early tonight and no Xmas videos projecting out of the empty office tonight.  We finished the Trouble with Harry and started Vertigo.  December thanks to TCM has been Sir Alfred month.

So, yes the season is winding down.  My Birthday is Epiphany so, we have about 10 days of Xmas left.  

JC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We lost our cat of 15 years last September.  We decided not to get another cat as we travel so much.  Then 2020 arrives!!  I made it to May before I was so overwhelmed by loneliness that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  Now I’m not alone anymore!!  (Downside:  I have become a Crazy Cat Lady and take too many pictures and videos...)

image.thumb.jpeg.b1302829bfcd95ca0f44013fe50b7f50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8cf617268127b5e89b724b3e8f24e9f3.jpeg

Beautiful kitties. The black one looks like my Miss Chloe. Thanks for adopting shelter kitties.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, singinalot said:

I think I’ve mentioned that the drone has been giving me errors lately. We went on another hike this morning and once again it gave the gimbal motor overload error. This made for 4 times in a row. 

We got home a couple of hours ago and I called Best Buy to see if I could exchange. I purchased it in September so was fairly nervous they’d say no. I’m now back home with a new mavic mini. 🙂

Here are some pics from the hike this morning. We took a trail we hadn’t taken before and were all mesmerized by the colors of the stones and caves.9442EBF5-6F0A-42C1-BDCE-C79D6957D9ED.thumb.jpeg.8fe972c26d1f56c15086694aed3dd016.jpeg

C3B59457-AB80-402D-8AF9-05A8938D6B7B.jpeg

CD8312EB-BC66-4B52-BE52-55784A270119.jpeg

21F56928-A31E-4043-AF93-11DA168AB7C7.jpeg

6E926C0D-E183-47A4-B7A5-927529A9131D.jpeg

Glad to hear that you could change out your Mini with no problems.  Your pictures continue to look amazing.  Do you have many constraints near you on where you can and cannot fly?  

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Business in the UK, must be awkward with the lockdowns selling chocolate???

Ha, we're all eating far too much chocolate and all things that make us happy. Some businesses like the supermarkets are booming 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I assumed that picture was from the UK?

I assumed the same from the York Designer Outlet sign in one of the pictures.  My daughter went to grad school in the UK (Medieval History) and then lived there for a while after graduating.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 4:42 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Passed that set up many times in GA.  

The other bad spot is through Summerville WV on 19  They’ll get out of state/country plates doing a couple miles over posted limits and the limits constantly change.   It’s so bad through that area that CAA recommends avoiding that route and taking an hour detour around there. 

When I was 18 or 19 yrs old my girlfriend and I went on a road trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto.  I was driving on the Queen Elizabeth Highway that had a speed limit of 100 or 110.  I thought Wow this is great!  I was doing 110+ and was flying by everybody. 

We stopped for lunch on our way to Toronto and commented to waiter how fast you can drive in Canada.  I learned that was kmh not mph!!!    I should have doing 60 or 65 mph not 110+    to be young again!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5