Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG!   I will never be able to leave the bar stool nor will I be able to walk.     

Some of these I have no idea what they are such as Dirty Monkey or Love Connection.    I have some homework to do😃

Dirty monkey 

Dirty Monkey Drink Ingredients:

There are 7 Dirty Monkey drink ingredients.

1/2 of a ripe banana

1.5 ounce aged rum (Bacardi Anejo is a good choice)

2 ounces pineapple juice

1/2 ounce Kahlua

A splash of banana liqueur

A splash of Cream of Coconut

Chocolate syrup for garnish

pit all ingredients in a blender and blend 

Love Connection 

1.5 oz Bacardi Gold Rum

I would prefer Kraken Rum

1.5 oz Island Oasis Pina Colada mix [affiliate link, no extra cost to you but I get a finder's fee]

1.5 oz Island Oasis Strawberry mix [affiliate link, no extra cost to you but I get a finder's fee]

1.5 oz Island Oasis mango mix [affiliate link, no extra cost to you but I get a finder's fee]

Love Connection Instructions

Blend 1/2 oz rum with each of the mixes and ice.

Layer each blend into a hurricane glass in the following order:

Strawberry

Pina Colada

Mango

Serve with colorful straw

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Again,catching up with all the posts and new conversations.

@singinalotCrystal- You are being so helpful to your sister as her wedding planner. Your organization skills will help make the wedding day less stressful for her , her fiancé and her family. She is fortunate to have you !

Before Covid, I helped out at weddings at our church.Two women served as a team at the rehearsal and on the wedding day. We helped out with many things,from providing a lipstick to the mother of the bride who forgot hers to coating reluctant,but cute, flower girls and ring bearers to walk down the aisle. The most relaxed brides seemed to be those who had someone ,either a family member or a hired wedding planner deal with the details. 

Wishing your  bride and groom a lovely day !

To all the other posters who are dealing with medical issues, I hope you have healing soon.

To those traveling for vacation,bon voyage !

To those who have returned from a vacation, I hope you are thinking of your next one and planning that it happens soon.

To those facing yucky weather,stay warm and safe.

To all those that none of this applies to, I wish you good days !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Dirty monkey 

Dirty Monkey Drink Ingredients:

There are 7 Dirty Monkey drink ingredients.

1/2 of a ripe banana

1.5 ounce aged rum (Bacardi Anejo is a good choice)

2 ounces pineapple juice

1/2 ounce Kahlua

A splash of banana liqueur

A splash of Cream of Coconut

Chocolate syrup for garnish

pit all ingredients in a blender and blend 

Love Connection 

1.5 oz Bacardi Gold Rum

I would prefer Kraken Rum

1.5 oz Island Oasis Pina Colada mix [affiliate link, no extra cost to you but I get a finder's fee]

1.5 oz Island Oasis Strawberry mix [affiliate link, no extra cost to you but I get a finder's fee]

1.5 oz Island Oasis mango mix [affiliate link, no extra cost to you but I get a finder's fee]

Love Connection Instructions

Blend 1/2 oz rum with each of the mixes and ice.

Layer each blend into a hurricane glass in the following order:

Strawberry

Pina Colada

Mango

Serve with colorful straw

They both sound delicious.   Love Connection sounds really good.     Sounds like bartender would need extra tip after making

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They both sound delicious.   Love Connection sounds really good.     Sounds like bartender would need extra tip after making

Many years ago there was a bar in Brooklyn called Warm Beer,Lousy Food.My friend Danny worked there.One could order the weirdest sounding drinks that were named by the bartenders.On my last cruise a guy was wearing a tee shirt from that bar .We had some interesting conversations.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's been awhile since I've had a frozen mojito, usually get the traditional one.  Now I had to add a frozen mojito to my list for next cruise🤩

Always and I mean  always my Wife's first drink(Frozen Mojito) on every cruise we have been on..

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

On 2/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, Jimbo said:

It was 85 degrees and the church didn't turn on their Air Conditioner until the morning of the wedding and it didn't cool for crap !!

That must have been brutal.  I sat on an airplane back in December in 85 degree heat with no ventilation sweating my butt off and I was not wearing a gown or tux. 

On 2/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, HBE4 said:

It's 64 degrees where right now but in about 36 hours, I will be enjoying the weather you are currently having.  Not quite sure if it's going to be just a wintry mix of sleet & ice or 5-8 inches of snow.

Fingers crossed I get to play with the snowblower one more time! ✌️🌨️❄️

You are more than welcome to take a side trip to RI to tackle a few houses.  I'm sure none of us @Momof3gurlz@Ocean Boywould mind a bit.  Heck, my husband would even give you the gas to run it.

19 hours ago, singinalot said:

We love Rhodes!

would you believe we’re considering scrapping all our original travel plans for the fall n doing Rhodes, Symi, n Crete? 🤣

+1 for me too.  That last trip you and Nate had me thinking it wouldn't be long.  Plus you probably (fingers crossed) won't have to go through all the logistics of testing.

Speaking of drinks, has anyone tried the Lavender Lemon Drop?  Right up there with an Expresso or Chocolate Martini! Celebrity has them, not sure about RC but they go down so nicely.  Speaking of pain killers, have a bush whacker!  DH tried it for the first time a few weeks ago, he was surprised he hadn't had one before. 

Congrats to all those leaving this weekend!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Funny, on the radio, the weatherman referred to getting "plowable" snow tonight to which the radio DJ replied "What is unplowable snow? I shudder to think how much snow has to fall before it becomes unplowable !" LOL

I was thinking unplowable would be more like a dusting to an inch, hadn’t really considered the other extreme. But like you, I don’t want to find out!

• Like 4

Good evening.

In England all men aged 65 are invited for an Aortic Abdominal Anuerism scan.

I had mine yesterday and fortunately I don't have an Anuerism.

Busy work day today.

It was a high of 42°F and cloudy today.

Our legal requirement to isolate in England ceased today.

I hope everyone had a great day.

Prayers 🙏 for the good people of Ukraine.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Speaking of test kits, we both tested negative!!  If George can bring our suitcases down the stairs without breaking a leg we’ll be on our way to Florida shortly!!  (I’d love to live in a house with a ground floor master bedroom…)

That’s great news. Enjoy your trip.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

All that weather is coming our way. Yesterday I got a late afternoon bike ride in. Tomorrow I'll be moving snow.🙄

Is it April yet? 😁

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Here’s my list of cocktails you should try:

Sea Dog Royal Caribbean Cocktails

Are these served on all the ships or are some only on certain ships? It’s an impressive list. I will have to try some of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

That must have been brutal.  I sat on an airplane back in December in 85 degree heat with no ventilation sweating my butt off and I was not wearing a gown or tux. 

You are more than welcome to take a side trip to RI to tackle a few houses.  I'm sure none of us @Momof3gurlz@Ocean Boywould mind a bit.  Heck, my husband would even give you the gas to run it.

+1 for me too.  That last trip you and Nate had me thinking it wouldn't be long.  Plus you probably (fingers crossed) won't have to go through all the logistics of testing.

Speaking of drinks, has anyone tried the Lavender Lemon Drop?  Right up there with an Expresso or Chocolate Martini! Celebrity has them, not sure about RC but they go down so nicely.  Speaking of pain killers, have a bush whacker!  DH tried it for the first time a few weeks ago, he was surprised he hadn't had one before. 

Congrats to all those leaving this weekend!

What is in a Bush Whacker?

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s great news. Enjoy your trip.

Is it April yet? 😁

Are these served on all the ships or are some only on certain ships? It’s an impressive list. I will have to try some of them.

It’s hit and miss. This list is a list of ones I’ve had and ones I’d like to try. Most of the frozen drinks most pool bars can make them. All the others depends a lot on how good the bartender is.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is in a Bush Whacker?

Never had one yet but I want to try. Very interesting ingredients.

The Bushwacker is a cocktail invented in 1975 at the Ship's Store, Sapphire Pub at Sapphire Village in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. It is similar to a creamy, chocolate piña colada.Wikipedia

Ingredients: 1 ounce Dark Crème de Cacao, 1 ounce Dark Rum, 1 ounce Kahlúa, More

Preparation: Blend all the ingredients together in a blender, including the ice, and then strain into a hurricane glass. Place cherry on top of the drink as a garnish and serve. Whipped cream can also be added as a garnish to the top of the drink before the cherry.

Served: Straight up

Standard garnish: Maraschino Cherry, Nutmeg, Whipped cream

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Speaking of test kits, we both tested negative!!  If George can bring our suitcases down the stairs without breaking a leg we’ll be on our way to Florida shortly!!  (I’d love to live in a house with a ground floor master bedroom…)

I had a 90 year old friend who still trotted up and down the stairs. When she packed for a cruise, she would lock her suitcases (plural) roll them to the top of the stairs and give them a push. 
They stopped at the front door,  and her limo driver would come and get them. 
When she came home, she would tip the driver to bring them upstairs. She always had $20’s and $50’s in her purse for tipping. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, clochette said:

I have the same issue with red wine, and also live in the finger lakes we are starting to have some really great riesling, as well as sparkling brut.  It certainly is fun to go around the lakes and do tastings

I enjoy red wines when I’m in the mood, but none of the color goes to my stomach. It all goes to my face!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sure was a struggle for them looking through the rocks.  I think it’s funny when AR tries to make it look like the couple in last place has a chance to catch up in the end.  It was more than obvious last night.

We've gotten used to the show trying to make it look like a close race between the last 2 teams.  I can't recall EVER having the last place team beat the second from last place team to the mat.  We actually rewound the show last night to see how different the sky was between when Arun and Natalia finished compared to when Ryan and Dusty finished. Even though they tried to make it look like Arun and Natalia got lost, we're guessing that Ryan and Dusty were at least an hour after them.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We both tested negative today, 4 hour difference in getting our results but they were good, now on to packing, woo hoo!

Woot Woot    I'm so happy to hear that all our cruisers are testing negative.    Congratulations!    

Do you sail Saturday?       I hope you have a wonderful cruise with beautiful weather and good health🤩

Knock on wood for us in March!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I had a 90 year old friend who still trotted up and down the stairs. When she packed for a cruise, she would lock her suitcases (plural) roll them to the top of the stairs and give them a push. 
They stopped at the front door,  and her limo driver would come and get them. 
When she came home, she would tip the driver to bring them upstairs. She always had $20’s and $50’s in her purse for tipping. 

My luck my suitcases would break my front door as they crashed into it or get stuck in the middle of the staircase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3