Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This could be posted on the humor page but since we have been talking about cars this maybe more appropriate here. 

406454B0-6D95-4585-BDFE-EE845CC91FD2.jpeg.42c11af0d258a4135d40218c00a6bae6.jpeg

That is quickly being outdated.  My daughter-in-law just said gas topped $6 a gallon where they are in California.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Boy I’d love to have that sign. Sometimes I worry they will see that I use their image as my avatar and send me a cease and desist order.  I would hope they would see  I’m helping with marketing. They must know me by now I have ordered from their company directly over 10 t-shirts, 5 sweatshirts, 3 caps, 5 masks and bandannas and an assortment of other items. I have to be their best customer. When I first saw that logo I was hooked. 

Greg , that looks like a towel because of the hem.  

My husband met with his surgeon today regarding his knee replacements.  They’ll do one knee at a time manually and no robots .  He’ll be in and out of the hospital on the same day. The procedure , as far as I know because he went alone to his appointment , is grinding down the joint and putting a plastic cap on the modified bone.  This is the same operation our dentist had and he is happy with the result.  I was reading one of the handouts and it states 4-6 weeks on painkillers and 2 months max.    Recovery seems like a long time to you because you’ve been housebound during recovery but like OB says it is nothing compared to how long you’ve been in pain.  

@dani negreanu  you are a woman of many talents. Your in-laws are in good hands. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome Back🤩  I am so happy that you and Jim had a wonderful cruise, except for the rough seas.  We missed you and figured you were enjoying to the fullest💕

Did you get to all the drinks on your list?  What was your favorite?

How was the food on your ship? 

There are some reports that some ships are experiencing some supply issues.  Any shortage of any items?  

Thanks you for your kind words, Debbie.  We did have a wonderful cruise, and thank goodness for the Sea Bands.  I did see an elderly man with a black eye, and a woman with a big bruise on her face,  I am assuming it was the rocking ship that caused their black and  blue.

I didn't get to all of the drinks on my list, but I tried seven of them.  The only one I didn't care for was the Caribbean Mule.  My first drink on board was the Miami Vice.  Delicious!  What I did drink most of, was the Kraken Colada.  Yum!  The Espresso Martini with Baileys that OB suggested was really, really good!

The food on the ship was delicious.    I had my daily escargot at dinner, and my smoked salmon with capers, onion and lemon most mornings.😉

The only shortage we found was in the liquor store on board.  We had a good amount of onboard credit, and were planning on buying several bottles of Baileys.  The store had none to sell.  All of the bars on board had Baileys, thank goodness!  We enjoy a glass or two as a nightcap.

I had brought plastic straws with me on the cruise, but halfway through the cruise, most of the bars stopped with the paper straws and began giving us the plastic straws.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy you enjoyed your cruise!

Thank you, Marietta!  How was your cruise?  How is Charlie?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Taylor Sheridan the incredible creator and writer has said a few more episodes of 1883 are coming. But fans shouldn't expect an entire season of 10 episodes. Instead, it appears that Paramount will be giving fans a few bonus episodes to move the story forward to 1932. 1932 should air mid 2023 to fall of 2023.

Therapy has been going good. I’ve even practiced driving with Linda in the car. Unfortunately I’m still struggling get off the pain meds. I’ve at least stopped the Oxycodone but I’m still taking the Tramadol which makes me very drowsy. I tried to quit for two days but felt nauseous and depressed. I get depressed that I’ve had pain and discomfort every day for 4 weeks now. I know the end goal is getting closer and I’m doing well but I’m really tired of hurting. This has been a lot tougher than I thought to deal with mentally. I am hanging in there. Thank you for asking and your concern Maryann.

Just take it day by day. 
It’s not a minor change, it’s a big one. Stay with your therapy, but do not over exercise the joint. 
Inflammation is usually what causes the pain, so check what foods cause inflammation, and if you haven’t been icing it, start. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good start to the season. The big guy with the dreadlocks is a beast. The girl that introduced herself as sunburning easily, not liking bugs or even sand made me laugh.

And she’s an awkward swimmer!

I always wonder what prompts woolen like that to audition for a show like Survivor and Amazing Race. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I get depressed that I’ve had pain and discomfort every day for 4 weeks now. I know the end goal is getting closer and I’m doing well but I’m really tired of hurting. This has been a lot tougher than I thought to deal with mentally. I am hanging in there. 

I know it's not easy, Greg, after seeing what Jim went through with all of the pain and discomfort.  It doesn't help that the weather is cold and probably dreary outside for you.  Jim felt the same way as you, that it was a lot tougher.  I'm glad you're hanging in there...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

On Survivor I like that they did season 41 and 42 back-to-back so that this group hasn't seen any of the new twists.  Big fun!  Don't know who my favorite is yet, maybe the fire fighter.

Fire fighters are always my favorite..😁..and it hasn't even started on the West Coast.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How many weeks of pain did you endure before the operation? Don't loose your perspective. This will get better.

Well said and very true. Thank you putting it into perspective. I guess I was feeling sorry for myself and not seeing the bigger picture.

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Just taper off the Tramadol Greg. Go to half a pill as needed and stay busy with other things. I was still trying to work before my first hip replacement. The doctor was trying various pain meds. Finally settled on Tramadol, it took care of the pain, I felt fine and drove all over the county. I thought it was great. :classic_biggrin: It wasn't until I was at the pre-surgical, that they mentioned you can't drive on it. (Or aren't supposed to) and that it a synthetic opioid. Ooops! :classic_ohmy: It was one of the few medications that didn't make me sleepy. When I asked my doctor, he shrugged and said, you seemed fine on it. 

funny with the Tramadol is that after taking it, the first 3 hours I’m like fine and alert. Then after that I get incredibly tired and sleepy. I took it before therapy at 9:30am by 1:30 I felt so sleepy and toke and 2.5 hour nap.

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Hang in there Greg, at least the worse is behind you.  Hopefully every day is getting better for you.  

Thank you for the support. I value you!

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Greg , that looks like a towel because of the hem.  

My husband met with his surgeon today regarding his knee replacements.  They’ll do one knee at a time manually and no robots .  He’ll be in and out of the hospital on the same day. The procedure , as far as I know because he went alone to his appointment , is grinding down the joint and putting a plastic cap on the modified bone.  This is the same operation our dentist had and he is happy with the result.  I was reading one of the handouts and it states 4-6 weeks on painkillers and 2 months max.    Recovery seems like a long time to you because you’ve been housebound during recovery but like OB says it is nothing compared to how long you’ve been in pain.  

Now that I looked closer I see it’s a towel. Going to need to order that.

I think it is so ridiculous that insurance companies made it same day outpatient. You really need to at least one over night and better off two for evaluation. I was only supposed to stay one night but they kept me a extra night for observation citing a loophole in my coverage. I’m glad they did. I was in no condition to go home same day. He should have a metal top plate with a plastic plate on the bottom (that’s how it was explained to me. See pic 

C81DE854-A99A-423E-BA69-67BA0F42745A.thumb.jpeg.3b19f46e9a5e5b82b052c4402ca3f64a.jpeg

I’m at 4 weeks today so I’m trying to get off the pain meds so that is about the right times. Good news is that I no longer have pain in the joint where I once had. All my pain now is the tissue around the knee where they cut and the soreness and pain of moving the muscles and where the tourniquet was placed on my upper thigh. My upper thigh is still very sore and tender. Must have been one right squeeze. And yes ocean boy the good doctor is always right.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea DogGreg, sorry to hear you are struggling.  Hope things improve for you soon.  
How are the puppies going with their potty training?

The potty training is going badly. Lizzie does well during the day but at night she keeps going into the kitchen (lucky we have tile) where she either pees or poops. We are extremely frustrated. We try watching her like a hawk but she’s sneaky. Part of it is that she gets scared outside at night when it’s dark and she hears noises. Hopefully with daylight savings time this weekend she will be better. The other issue is that when they are outside they just want to run around, play and chew on sticks. It’s like they forget to do their business till they get back inside. And just as I’m typing this Linda is getting ready to take them outside and Charlie just peed on the floor ughhhhhhh!!!!

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks you for your kind words, Debbie.  We did have a wonderful cruise, and thank goodness for the Sea Bands.  I did see an elderly man with a black eye, and a woman with a big bruise on her face,  I am assuming it was the rocking ship that caused their black and  blue.

I didn't get to all of the drinks on my list, but I tried seven of them.  The only one I didn't care for was the Caribbean Mule.  My first drink on board was the Miami Vice.  Delicious!  What I did drink most of, was the Kraken Colada.  Yum!  The Espresso Martini with Baileys that OB suggested was really, really good!

The food on the ship was delicious.    I had my daily escargot at dinner, and my smoked salmon with capers, onion and lemon most mornings.😉

The only shortage we found was in the liquor store on board.  We had a good amount of onboard credit, and were planning on buying several bottles of Baileys.  The store had none to sell.  All of the bars on board had Baileys, thank goodness!  We enjoy a glass or two as a nightcap.

I had brought plastic straws with me on the cruise, but halfway through the cruise, most of the bars stopped with the paper straws and began giving us the plastic straws.

Thank you, Marietta!  How was your cruise?  How is Charlie?  

so glad you had a great cruise. Kraken Colada is my favorite too along with escargot appetizer. Glad the sea bands worked for you I don’t mind some rocking and rolling but don’t want to end up black and blue.

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Just take it day by day. 
It’s not a minor change, it’s a big one. Stay with your therapy, but do not over exercise the joint. 
Inflammation is usually what causes the pain, so check what foods cause inflammation, and if you haven’t been icing it, start. 

So glad we purchased the cold therapy machine. I use it everyday. I’m down to once a day but I should do two. Thanks for your comments. I’m getting there slowly but surely.

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I know it's not easy, Greg, after seeing what Jim went through with all of the pain and discomfort.  It doesn't help that the weather is cold and probably dreary outside for you.  Jim felt the same way as you, that it was a lot tougher.  I'm glad you're hanging in there...

Thank you so much for your encouragement.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

package says battery will last for up to 40 minutes.     So far I like it enough that if I had a need I would probably buy it again or there was another that had airflow of 360 or 390L per minute. All the others seem to be much less airflow.   I think it will come in handy and will rate it after I use on our cruise. 

We are on countdown with 11 days left until our b2b.     Yay!

I cannot wait to see what our Son-Chris and Donna think of their first cruise.   

We scheduled rapid tests at CVS and figure we will use the free tests and save our emed kits as back up or future use.     

How come Chris never cruised before with you? How old is he for his first cruise?

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The potty training is going badly. Lizzie does well during the day but at night she keeps going into the kitchen (lucky we have tile) where she either pees or poops. We are extremely frustrated. We try watching her like a hawk but she’s sneaky. Part of it is that she gets scared outside at night when it’s dark and she hears noises. Hopefully with daylight savings time this weekend she will be better. The other issue is that when they are outside they just want to run around, play and chew on sticks. It’s like they forget to do their business till they get back inside. And just as I’m typing this Linda is getting ready to take them outside and Charlie just peed on the floor ughhhhhhh!!!!

When we potty trained we always took them out on a leash so they couldn't play. And constantly said, Bailey go potty. Bailey go potty. Bailey go poop. Kept the mantra up until they did something. And then they got a treat and praise.

It did take a few months till they got it.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

The potty training is going badly. Lizzie does well during the day but at night she keeps going into the kitchen (lucky we have tile) where she either pees or poops. We are extremely frustrated. We try watching her like a hawk but she’s sneaky.

You could try crating in the evening.... at least until she gets the idea of not peeing indoors at night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well said and very true. Thank you putting it into perspective. I guess I was feeling sorry for myself and not seeing the bigger picture.

funny with the Tramadol is that after taking it, the first 3 hours I’m like fine and alert. Then after that I get incredibly tired and sleepy. I took it before therapy at 9:30am by 1:30 I felt so sleepy and toke and 2.5 hour nap.

I think it is so ridiculous that insurance companies made it same day outpatient. You really need to at least one over night and better off two for evaluation. I was only supposed to stay one night but they kept me a extra night for observation citing a loophole in my coverage. I’m glad they did. I was in no condition to go home same day. He should have a metal top plate with a plastic plate on the bottom (that’s how it was explained to me. See pic 

C81DE854-A99A-423E-BA69-67BA0F42745A.thumb.jpeg.3b19f46e9a5e5b82b052c4402ca3f64a.jpeg

I’m at 4 weeks today so I’m trying to get off the pain meds so that is about the right times. Good news is that I no longer have pain in the joint where I once had. All my pain now is the tissue around the knee where they cut and the soreness and pain of moving the muscles and where the tourniquet was placed on my upper thigh. My upper thigh is still very sore and tender. Must have been one right squeeze. And yes ocean boy the good doctor is always right.

Oh dear.  Roll on daylight savings.  Hope that helps.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Best wishes Greg.

Hope the pain goes for good soon 

11FB580B-027F-4883-A2E0-591680D7DA50.jpeg.fffc5dab7a5c1da73e2989172ef149c4.jpeg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Saturday was wedding day and it was stress day for me 🙂 

In the end, I think my sister got the day she wanted ❤️
71B8E718-6454-4B17-81CA-5FAA5D30A503.thumb.jpeg.c992102c6efe2f0e6da5db10242c9d18.jpeg

5BD66B57-FA0A-424D-98C3-9323EA7B909B.thumb.jpeg.7486b5267e600bede879508afe2b4b05.jpeg

A2754DBA-5C13-43BB-AEFD-358E892646CC.thumb.jpeg.b9748082be5c5cbf1f4ce2b20c0a17b9.jpeg

012AD9A3-B1CB-45DE-92DA-34AB689EF5D5.thumb.jpeg.498cbfc8ac94f74d0573fe00a118cbc8.jpeg

F9090894-5E06-41E3-9F2F-7539BEEA61FA.thumb.jpeg.058948b079b71be6e3a37c925813e81c.jpeg

F9D6A66D-A831-4AAA-B32B-B3F360C422FE.thumb.jpeg.7bfcc04313e920a7d20d7f471da6055e.jpeg

1095B84E-6773-4E32-AC00-9B079AF010FD.thumb.jpeg.fd6ed100a85147f1a96070602d533d14.jpeg

EAE19B72-B3FC-4EEE-AE27-A549A1CDBF68.thumb.jpeg.e918067bf84c0cf9fee8ad1fadbd2764.jpeg

862A671A-670F-41F7-84AB-D8F6DD1C6CA5.thumb.jpeg.0de1f50edbbabb6a88a716a5058a72e4.jpeg

IMG_2802.MOV IMG_2792.MOV IMG_2831.MOV

Absolutely fantastic photos.

You all look beautiful.

Happy your sister had the wedding of her dreams.

Graham.

• Like 4