Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds like a great birthday. Tell him Sea Dog wishes him a very happy birthday! And happy birthday to Lisa as well. May is good month for birthdays. My brother is a week before mine (9th) and then mine on the 16th.

Mine is on the 14th!  

@A&L_Ont Happy birthday to Owen and Lisa.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow that sounds like a terrific deal!    Have you used them for other cruises?

I believe we have used them twice, only because of what they quoted and offered via that website I mentioned, where you tell them what cruise and several agents send you a quote with what they are offering. I am not sure if that website is working now. But can try.

During summer, many TAs offer 9or used to offer) the free parking deal for Bayonne and NY sailings to Bermuda. A voucher with a bar code was emailed and one had to show it at the garage. Out of NY it was a great deal ($40 per day parking cost😱 pre pandemic)

These days, I prefer to book direct with the cruiseline. Two TAs have burnt us with the whole FCC and refund thing on cancelled cruises. So for a bit I am giving them some space. Not all are like that, I know, but I am treading cautiously, given the current scenarios of ever changing and cancelled sailings.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Owen, athlete extraordinaire, Lisa, Maryann's granddaughters. May all their birthday wishes come true.

Jury duty story:  I received a summons years ago and wanted to be sure if my hearing issue would make me exempt.

This was the phone conversation:

Me:  Hello, I received a summons to serve jury duty and I want to know if I can serve with a hearing loss

Jury clerk:  What is the date of your summons:

Me:  Excuse me??

Jury clerk: WHAT IS THE DATE OF YOUR SUMMONS

Me: What?  I gave her the date.

Jury clerk:  Which town?

Me: I'm sorry, can you please repeat that?

Jury clerk:  WHICH TOWN?

Me: I answered with the town

Jury clerk:  What is your name

Me: I think you asked for my name. It's Bonnie ******

Jury clerk:  Honey (yes she called me honey) you're excused.

I served once before and rather enjoyed it. Was really looking forward to this one.  Honest!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TV watching should be free just as it was from the 1940’s to the early 80’s.

I don't not know what you had but we had 3 channels. Can you live with that.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Wow that was a lot.  We had 1 channel.  LOL  

Now we have U-verse.  Except when we have a storm and it goes out (it has gotten better lately) I feel it is a good value.  We don't go to movies so not paying for that offsets some of the price of U-verse.  We have a pretty basic package but it gives us all the channels we really watch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I remember 6 :CBS,NBC,ABC,WPIX,WNET ,Dumont and one other .

We were very happy.We also had something called a radio.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had 7 channels in NY

Tv was still pitiful compared to today , some 50 years ago I got home after working a late shift (I worked as a computer operator) and there was one show on about 2am  and they said if the commercial we will play a Vic Damone song , so I waited and they actually played is song on a stereo 😁😁😁
Show was Joe Franklin if anybody can remember him. Now I have several hundred channels not counting streaming shows.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Tv was still pitiful compared to today , some 50 years ago I got home after working a late shift (I worked as a computer operator) and there was one show on about 2am  and they said if the commercial we will play a Vic Damone song , so I waited and they actually played is song on a stereo 😁😁😁
Show was Joe Franklin if anybody can remember him. Now I have several hundred channels not counting streaming shows.

Multiple channels and I maybe watch ten at the most if even that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Joe Franklin had a good show.

The Mets just scored 7 in the ninth to beat Philly 8-7! The Rangers won also.  My son and husband are happy campers.

My son in law ,the huge Rangers fan was at the Rangers game tonight with my grand daughters.He is a HUGE fan with one of the rooms in their house painted in Rangers colors.He works with the son of a former Rangers great player and he has pictures of himself with some of the great players of the past 25 years.

I am a huge Mets fan .

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, George C said:

I do not watch that much TV.I listen to music and post on CC .

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The Mets just scored 7 in the ninth to beat Philly 8-7! The Rangers won also.  My son and husband are happy campers.

☹️

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Multiple channels and I maybe watch ten at the most if even that.

I am in the same boat.  So many channels and I doubt that I ever watch more than 10 channels.  We used to have so many shows set up to record each week that when we left the house for a week or so we were concern that we would run out of storage.  We have canceled several series lately that get to political or sick.  We rarely use 35 to 40% anymore.  We are considering dropping it all.  If the 5g gets a bit stronger we will just use it.  I have been able to watch HBOMAX on my phone and cast it to my tv.  Some phone companies are offering 5g routers but not here yet.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@NHProud

Judy, hopefully your DH is after a successful surgery and at home.

Thank you , Dani ! Surgery at 7:30

AM and home at noon .  No pain so far so doing pretty well . PT starts tomorrow. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hoping for a repeat of the 2000 World Series Yankees against Mets hopefully with same ending. I have been a Yankee fan all of my life.

• Like 3