Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I know, St. Maarten is one of my favorites.

Yes, our favorite also. French side not much repaired but more done on Dutch side. My daughter was there on the Harmony  3/2019. They visited with our friends that live there and so sad to walk around and see the damage. Her best friend was just there in Dec. for a week on the Dutch side and still not much open or repaired. 72 businesses have closed. Only 2 groceries open and limited hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vettprincess said:

Yes, not St Maartin. I have not been watching so must check it out tonight.

Captain Lee is the best.  Love how he kicked off that obnoxious, drunk woman for jumping in the water at night while she was wasted.  Love Captain Sandy too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

St Maarten  has a lovely beach and Azure sea.

Pauline liked the jewelry shops there.

The Effy store by the pier has Heineken waiting for me.

Kay's is nice as well. That's where we got her RC jewelry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember the beer and wine shop by the pier.👍

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Effy store by the pier has Heineken waiting for me.

Kay's is nice as well. That's where we got her RC jewelry

Stop at Sharky's and grab quick drink of your choice before hitching a ride on the water taxi or walking in to Philipsburg or back to the ship.  🍺

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Somevof the luxury lines stop on a northern TP. But Ken suggested flying in from Seward or Anchorage as part of a southbound trip on Royal

Seward only has a very tiny airport for small planes.  Most take either a bus to and from Seward to Anchorage...or as we have done several times...the Alaskan Railroad Coastal (beautiful views along the way).  DO spend the extra money on the Gold star class with the high dome viewing car!  🤗

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Seward only has a very tiny airport for small planes.  Most take either a bus to and from Seward to Anchorage...or as we have done several times...the Alaskan Railroad Coastal (beautiful views along the way).  DO spend the extra money on the Gold star class with the high dome viewing car!  🤗

The only thing that flies to Dutch Harbor is small planes😉

So, fly to Anchorage, puddle jump to Dutch Harbor, back to Seward, get on ship

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Stop at Sharky's and grab quick drink of your choice before hitching a ride on the water taxi or walking in to Philipsburg or back to the ship.  🍺

There is a fantastic Dutch cheese/wine shop just outside the gates going towards town.  Yummm!!   🧀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

The only thing that flies to Dutch Harbor is small planes😉

So, fly to Anchorage, puddle jump to Dutch Harbor, back to Seward, get on ship

Sounds like yet another Alaskan adventure!!  Great idea!  🤗

Though we really did enjoy the two weeks in Homer as well this last August, which was following the two weeks touring the far north lands.  🙂  Little airport in Fairbanks has small bush planes will take you up past the Arctic circle.  

20200808_154600.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

There is a fantastic Dutch cheese/wine shop just outside the gates going towards town.  Yummm!!   🧀

I remember one near the Marina called, Amsterdam Cheese and Liquor.  Yellow building with a cow statue out by the sidewalk. 

• Like 2

Just now, davekathy said:

I remember one near the Marina called, Amsterdam Cheese and Liquor.  Yellow building with a cow statue out by the sidewalk. 

That's it!!   And a pair of over sized "wooden shoes"...great photo op.  😉  We met there as the first stop in our driving history/food tour that took us around the island going to the French side and back.  Was so fun, we did it again this last time.  BTW...they also have fantastic chocolate.  😘

• Like 2