Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I will have to ask my parents as they drove cross country 3 times.  I think they made to all 50 states.  

It is definitely something I want to do.  I have driven to many states, probably 30 to 35 states, but someday i want to do one big cross country trip.

We also did a cross country trip in Canada in 1976.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We also did a cross country trip in Canada in 1976.

As well as the 30 states Ive been in 5 of 10 provinces (BC, AB, SK, ON, PEI) and 2 of 3 Territories (YT, NWT). I hope within the next 10 years to have covered all of North America.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The highlight of Monday night.🙂

Yup. Trying the feel the warmth up here. The chef nailing it in the kitchen, and a little cray cray out of the kitchen. 

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Except they are in Antigua.

You beat me to it. 

5 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Captain Lee is the best.  Love how he kicked off that obnoxious, drunk woman for jumping in the water at night while she was wasted.  Love Captain Sandy too.

And then the wackado woman jumped of the tender boat on the way to shore, after being thrown off. We all might know a person like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

As well as the 30 states Ive been in 5 of 10 provinces (BC, AB, SK, ON, PEI) and 2 of 3 Territories (YT, NWT). I hope within the next 10 years to have covered all of North America.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

We have been to every province and one territory.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yup. Trying the feel the warmth up here. The chef nailing it in the kitchen, and a little cray cray out of the kitchen. 

You beat me to it. 

And then the wackado woman jumped of the tender boat on the way to shore, after being thrown off. We all might know a person like that. 

Oh God she was a total f up.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have not been to New Foundland/Labrador, NWT or Nunavut.  I have been to all the other provinces.

Best Canadian road trip was 1993 after my first year of university.  We road tripped from Ontario to Alberta from May to the end of July for work. We took off to the Dawson City for a further road trip over and above. Came back with close to 20,000 kms on the odometer.  

Sure want to return to many of the places along the way and the NWT. I’d love to fly with Buffalo Air in one of their old planes. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have not been to New Foundland/Labrador, NWT or Nunavut.  I have been to all the other provinces.

Best Canadian road trip was 1993 after my first year of university.  We road tripped from Ontario to Alberta from May to the end of July for work. We took off to the Dawson City for a further road trip over and above. Came back with close to 20,000 kms on the odometer.  

Sure want to return to many of the places along the way and the NWT. I’d love to fly with Buffalo Air in one of their old planes. 

It was in the Fall of 2019 that I was able to get to Yellowknife NWT.  It was an incredible experience.  The culture is so different than anywhere in else I have been to in the country. Had it not been for the ubiquitous Tim Hortons I'd have thought I was on the other side of the world. I met some of the most incredible people.  Their stories and their history were amazing. Some my favorite pictures on my camera roll are from that trip.

• Like 2

For all you Below Deck fans, this is why I lost a lot of respect for Capt. Lee....

Remember in Tahiti when Brian had the infection in his knee? When it began Ashton told Lee that he thought the knee was infected. In a later episode when it was getting bad they called a doctor to the boat who said the knee was infected. Lee's response was that infection never entered his mind. They guy lied to cover up his mistake. Medical care should have been sought at the first suspicion of infection.  He has no tolerance for lying from the crew but can't live up to his own standards. Bottom line is he has no business playing doctor. They were not out in the middle of the ocean. He should have sought medical care for his crew man much sooner and should have owned up to his mistake. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It was in the Fall of 2019 that I was able to get to Yellowknife NWT.  It was an incredible experience.  The culture is so different than anywhere in else I have been to in the country. Had it not been for the ubiquitous Tim Hortons I'd have thought I was on the other side of the world. I met some of the most incredible people.  Their stories and their history were amazing. Some my favorite pictures on my camera roll are from that trip.we were in Canada for the first time in 1969 and the last time in 2013.We have been to the country 17 times.

We love PEI and Vancouver .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It was in the Fall of 2019 that I was able to get to Yellowknife NWT.  It was an incredible experience.  The culture is so different than anywhere in else I have been to in the country. Had it not been for the ubiquitous Tim Hortons I'd have thought I was on the other side of the world. I met some of the most incredible people.  Their stories and their history were amazing. Some my favorite pictures on my camera roll are from that trip.

My Uncle who is a Periodontist, and a retired Professor at U of A, used to fly into the NWT to do dental clinics in remote communities.  He loved it as well. Meeting the people and the fishing. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We spent a month touring Ontario one summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have you caught any of the Galley Talk episodes?  It is so funny to watch all the old crew's opinions of what is going on.  Kate go really upset when she heard Captain Lee call Francesca Kiddo like he always called her.  

Yes, I saw that.  They do come up with some funny comments and stories.

1 hour ago, vettprincess said:

Surprise----another Burpee catalogue came today. Already put an order in from the first catalogue.

And have found a place to move to in FL so I will have to cut my planting season short. 

I have a bunch of page markers and notes, but didnt place my burpee order yet.  Got busy with work today.  Will definitely get ordered this week.

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My friends who are yachtee, like a show on you tube called La Vagabond.  If I had been locked down and able to binge watch I would have watched it.  Since, I have been working the whole time, I have skimmed it.  Looked interesting.

I watched a little of it many months ago.  I just didnt get into it.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, voyager70 said:

LOL my friends in Florida look forward to winter.  I envy them!

I always look forward to winter, at least what little we have of one.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I could drive, someday

Screenshot_20210125-150816_Maps.thumb.jpg.32e94ff0abdb373ded431af272c8f2ba.jpg

Way to long of a drive for us. Mike was deployed to Adak. They used to play find me if you can with the Russian subs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s a pretty nice run from your new place in Florida over to the west coast for an Alaskan cruise

Just for kicks...

image.thumb.png.fe0af63ac5b207a2e4d1631196cd5b00.png

I'd still be missing New Mexico.  Either way, 52 hours in a car, ain't gonna happen.  Either my wife would kill me partway there, or my back would lock up so badly that I couldn't walk for days.

Very few north-south running highways through the middle of the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1