Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I just started making big pot of my sunday sauce using the last of my homegrown tomatoes that I canned this past September.  Boy, they went fast with all this home cooking.  They usually last until the Spring.

I got my Burpee catalog in the mail yesterday and going to start planning and ordering seeds, etc for my garden this year.  Last spring I had a lot of problems with local garden centers not having exactly what I wanted due to covid so this year I am going to order early.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was on the phone to her cousin in Adelaide Australia this morning.

40c 104F there and they had a barbecue and a dip in their swimming pool earlier.

Yep I’m in The Hunter Valley in NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia, did the same with the air con roaring away inside. 

It’s now 3:30 am and still about 25c.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for mentioning the Advil, with your DW being a RN.

Some said it's not recommended after the Pfizer vaccines, something along the lines of "lessening the efficacy/effectiveness [pick one...] of the vaccine".

We had our 2nd Pfizer jab 4 hours ago, and my arm is hurting. I was just looking through our medicine chest for an Advil "replacement" ...  Advil works great for me.

Great news you have had your second vaccine jab.

Hopefully your arm stops hurting soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, DW, a RN, got her Shot Friday morning.  Her arm hurt Friday.  She slept horribly running a low grade fever Friday night.  Fever broke after she took an Advil.  Yesterday she was cranky and didn’t feel great.  Took a long nap.  We went to the country club with friends for dinner.  Got home had a nightcap.  She slept about 10 hours woke up today and feels like her normal self.  She had the Pfizer vaccine.  

My sister had Pfizer as well.  Was sick for two days, flu like symptoms.  Got her second shot last week,  and had some of the same side effects...but nearly as bad.  Hope your DW suffers less on second shot as well.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just started making big pot of my sunday sauce using the last of my homegrown tomatoes that I canned this past September.  Boy, they went fast with all this home cooking.  They usually last until the Spring.

I got my Burpee catalog in the mail yesterday and going to start planning and ordering seeds, etc for my garden this year.  Last spring I had a lot of problems with local garden centers not having exactly what I wanted due to covid so this year I am going to order early.

I will miss growing tomatoes this summer.  We usually do them outside of the "Land Yacht" in pots where we winter in Maine.  Last year, we didn't go up, but I had six huge tomato plants in the courtyard here in our house in Florida.  This year...not taking the motor home up.  Going to rent houses...so much for my little garden. 😞 

Oh well...lots of farmers markets around there in the summer.  🙂 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my, exactly what I do here. I have made tons of sauce from my homegrown tomatoes. And the Burpee catalogue-A treasure to read to lift the spirits these cold, snowy winter days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was on the phone to her cousin in Adelaide Australia this morning.

40c 104F there and they had a barbecue and a dip in their swimming pool earlier.

25 f and windy this morning in New England.  But every day is closer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are having my last container of sauce today.  I freeze enough for quite a few meals and this is the end of the line.  Now I have to get the energy to make a new batch.  I miss when I was young, lived at home and the sauce magically appeared.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

25 f and windy this morning in New England.  But every day is closer

The wind last night made it feel brutal outside. To make matters worse, I should have been in Ft Lauderdale and aboard Oasis right now moving into my cabin.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

Our church is on my Avatar.

Paulines late mam and dad and Pauline and I got married here.

Both Pauline's mam and dad's funeral service was held here too.

Whenever I am in Italy I try to visit the church that my grandparents got married in. My first time, as a young boy, that my grandmother and I were together in Italy she was so happy to show it to me as well as the house that she was born in.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The wind last night made it feel brutal outside. To make matters worse, I should have been in Ft Lauderdale and aboard Oasis right now moving into my cabin.

Made the mistake of checking weather in Ft. Lauderdale it's currently 80 f 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I was shocked at the outcome.  That there was a Bernie meme not so shocking. 🙂 

Vancouver did pull out an upset over Winnipeg last night. Unfortunately Conner couldn’t do the same. 

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I would be on a plane coming back from PR after two glorious weeks on Freedom B2B...sigh.  😞 

Then even worse loss😭...packing for Australia adventure in 2 weeks.  

• Like 4