Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Yikes.  And I thought Boston to Lauderdale was a hike.

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Truthfully we haven't made the drive in years.  3 hours in the air is so much easier.  Thank you Jet Blue

Our drive from Toronto is pretty near exactly the same distance. Flying for the first time in twenty years in March 2022.  Flights just became more affordable now that the kids aren’t coming with us. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have been to about 40.  When my brother was in the Air Force our summer vacation was traveling to wherever he was stationed.  My dad loved to drive. I have such great memories of riding shotgun with him through the night. 

My Dad and I have always had a special connection.    I have definitely been a Daddy's Girl.    I love fond memories like yours.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Anyone watching the current season of Below Deck?  All the St. Maarten footage is so beautiful and sad at the same time ☹️

Yes, I am watching the current season.    I am pretty sure this season is set in Antigua ?   doesn't really matter, it's all beautiful.       I recorded the last episode and will watch this evening.

I really like the Below Deck Mediterranean as you see a lot more sights. 

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I am watching the current season.    I am pretty sure this season is set in Antigua ?   doesn't really matter, it's all beautiful.       I recorded the last episode and will watch this evening.

I really like the Below Deck Mediterranean as you see a lot more sights. 

I love all seasons of Below Deck. Captains Lee and Sandy are awesome.  Makes me want to cruise again so bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Yes, our favorite also. French side not much repaired but more done on Dutch side. My daughter was there on the Harmony  3/2019. They visited with our friends that live there and so sad to walk around and see the damage. Her best friend was just there in Dec. for a week on the Dutch side and still not much open or repaired. 72 businesses have closed. Only 2 groceries open and limited hours.

That is sad to hear.   We were there in 2019 too.    I always make a trip to Marigot market on french side and buy something fun from the locals.   This area used to be thriving with a beautiful marina, hotel, upscale shops, etc.    There was cafe that had delicious chocolate croissants I used to stop in and take a couple back with us (snuck on them on the ship - ssshhh!).    last we were there in 2019 that whole area was in disrepair and almost everything was closed, just a few locals with tables at the market, but nothing like in the past.   Very sad to hear they are still in disrepair.     

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I love all seasons of Below Deck. Captains Lee and Sandy are awesome.  Makes me want to cruise again so bad.

Have you caught any of the Galley Talk episodes?  It is so funny to watch all the old crew's opinions of what is going on.  Kate go really upset when she heard Captain Lee call Francesca Kiddo like he always called her.  

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have you caught any of the Galley Talk episodes?  It is so funny to watch all the old crew's opinions of what is going on.  Kate go really upset when she heard Captain Lee call Francesca Kiddo like he always called her.  

Yep love the Galley Talk.  Kate is awesome 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

Truthfully we haven't made the drive in years.  3 hours in the air is so much easier.  Thank you Jet Blue

The last few times I had to fly, I have been able to get sweet deals on First Class on Delta. I could get used to that.

• Like 3

So today's adventure led me past these fellas. After a week of cold sunshine it has clouded over and started to snow lightly.  I'm starting to weary of the snow.

IMG_5270.jpeg

I'll never weary of the amazing wildlife around here.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There used to be a local burpee store off one of their warehouse but it closed several years ago.  No idea why, they were always busy spring thru summer.  Yes, I always love when the new catalog comes out and thinking about spring.

Surprise----another Burpee catalogue came today. Already put an order in from the first catalogue.

And have found a place to move to in FL so I will have to cut my planting season short. 

• Like 4