Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I love Amelia!!  What restaurant did you go to?  Our recent favorite was Espana.

They were closed when we tried to go there months ago...(Covid outbreak) was supposed to be for our anniversary dinner.  😞 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You could always get a new coat 😁

No way 😉.

1) They don't manufacture this 3/4 length any more, and its very comfortable (I've caught this "shocking pink" color on sale, guess not every one wanted a color which "stands out").

2) Uniqlo doesn't ship to Israel...

3) When shall I be in LA/NY again?????????????????😢

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We were suppose to remodel our kitchen last year but didnt do after we heard about all the delay problems people were having with various materials and appliance.  Maybe this year.  It's the only room left in the house that I haven't remodeled.

My BIL owns his own contracting company.  He has talked about how much material costs have gone up in the past year, and anticipates that they will continue to skyrocket.  He has advised that we do any big projects we can afford, sooner rather than later.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No way 😉.

1) They don't manufacture this 3/4 length any more, and its very comfortable (I've caught this "shocking pink" color on sale, guess not every one wanted a color which "stands out").

2) Uniqlo doesn't ship to Israel...

3) When shall I be in LA/NY again?????????????????😢

Oh I love the coat and the color, please dont take wrongly.

I was teasing you could buy new coat to match the yellow car.

I love everything bright!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

My BIL owns his own contracting company.  He has talked about how much material costs have gone up in the past year, and anticipates that they will continue to skyrocket.  He has advised that we do any big projects we can afford, sooner rather than later.  

Yes, I heard that too.  

A couple months ago I had to get a new clothes dryer and couldn't believe how much they went up.  

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice!!   We also had the full tile job done in there, along with complete ADA features including fold down seat and multiple grab rails, plus "rain shower".  Not that we need the ADA thing ...yet...thankfully.   But just thinking down the road.  😉 

Always good to think ahead.  I love the rain shower too!  I didnt want a  permanent bench, so I have a teak bench with several coats of sealer and waterproofer.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I heard that too.  

A couple months ago I had to get a new clothes dryer and couldn't believe how much they went up.  

I couple on months ago i ordered a new dishwasher, and still haven't received it.

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I love Amelia!!  What restaurant did you go to?  Our recent favorite was Espana.

Espana is one of our favorites and regularly voted as one of the top restaurants on the island.  We also like Joe's 2nd Street Bistro a lot.  Many, many other great restaurants on the island in all shapes and sizes.  I'm definitely going to need to increase my exercise level to counteract the restaurant food.

The restaurant that we went to last night is called Cafe Karibo.  I chose one of their fixed price menus which was crab cakes as an appetizer (with Brie, a cranberry relish, and a spicy remoulade sauce...amazing flavor all together), Coquilles St. Jacques as an entree, and a chocolate ganache cake for dessert.  Best $41 that I've spent in a long time.  We will absolutely go there again.

Most restaurants on the island are open with tables spaced apart and masks required if you're not sitting at a table.  Being new to the island, restaurant week is a great way to entice us to try some new restaurants.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I couple on months ago i ordered a new dishwasher, and still haven't received it.

When we moved to Regina in September, the movers broke a side rail on our bed. Luckily, the company can make another one, but we are still waiting. Apparently it should be here next month.

As far as renovations go- we are getting a new main bathroom because the bathtub leaks, as we discovered when a damp spot appeared in the powder room below! It’s the original 30 year old bathroom, so it was something that we wanted to do anyway. 

The only people I’ve met in this city so far are gas fitters, plumbers and electricians. But they are very nice! Well, and a few neighbours, distantly. 😷

Is anyone learning another language? I just finished Duolingo’s Italian lessons, and I’m refreshing myself in French.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always good to think ahead.  I love the rain shower too!  I didnt want a  permanent bench, so I have a teak bench with several coats of sealer and waterproofer.

I hardly notice the seat, as it stays folded up.  But....when I broke my foot (first night of Brilliance cruise a couple of years ago 😞 )....I sure could have used it!  Still have the ugly portable plastic medical seat out in the garage somewhere...time to ditch it!  😉 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Ordered a love seat to match our Stressless (Ekorne) recliners in early November, supposed to be here by now.  They are telling us mid March or later now.  😣

Took 13 weeks (normally 4-6)  to get our bathroom cabinets.  

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Espana is one of our favorites and regularly voted as one of the top restaurants on the island.  We also like Joe's 2nd Street Bistro a lot.  Many, many other great restaurants on the island in all shapes and sizes.  I'm definitely going to need to increase my exercise level to counteract the restaurant food.

The restaurant that we went to last night is called Cafe Karibo.  I chose one of their fixed price menus which was crab cakes as an appetizer (with Brie, a cranberry relish, and a spicy remoulade sauce...amazing flavor all together), Coquilles St. Jacques as an entree, and a chocolate ganache cake for dessert.  Best $41 that I've spent in a long time.  We will absolutely go there again.

Most restaurants on the island are open with tables spaced apart and masks required if you're not sitting at a table.  Being new to the island, restaurant week is a great way to entice us to try some new restaurants.

We ate lunch at Karibou.  Took this picture of a painting there that I loved.

image.thumb.jpeg.46a555245176c24c48121b47a06d7b77.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Impressive work.  Question...how many tools, including clamps, did you buy for this project?  Projects are always good justification to buy more tools and you can never have enough clamps.  A project like that would likely require 2-3 hardware store trips for me, and more than a little swearing.

I can drive to Lowe's in my cart😉

• Like 3

We don't have a big supply of games, but for the past few months we have been playing this one that my brother recommended.  We like it, but we're ready to move on to something else.  Anyone have any suggestions for good 2-person board games?

20210127_165553.jpg

5 minutes ago, derorim said:

We don't have a big supply of games, but for the past few months we have been playing this one that my brother recommended.  We like it, but we're ready to move on to something else.  Anyone have any suggestions for good 2-person board games?

20210127_165553.jpg

There is this card game Colonizators (dont mix it up with its bigger board version). Go for the card game. Its quick, easy to learn and if you lie building stuff its awesome. We always take it with us when we are travelling 

22 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Don’t worry Dani, I’m attracted to flashy things. Post a car pic tomorrow and you win. 😉

I can't post a picture right now because we're sitting in it. You probably like fancier vehicles, but we just bought a Yukon Denali today for me.  🚙

• Like 9