Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Nothing like starting the day with coffee and cheesecake.  

This cheesecake looks amazing.

Those raspberries - ohhh... My friends know that's my favorite fruit (every time I was in US, 1st thing I've done was buying a stack of Driscoll's). When they see me with them, they say: "The bear is happy" 😉

Taking a raspberry break from intensive pre-cruise touring in Venice:

P1040615.JPG

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

There are 2 paper mills on the island that take in a lot of logs.  They are pretty unobtrusive and probably (I'm guessing) pay taxes that help keep property taxes down.  The downside is that there can be a steady stream of log trucks driving onto the island.  That painting can be a common view from your car on the main road coming in.

We sat outside when we ate at Cafe Karibo.  My wife called it the fairy garden.

image.thumb.png.1d7451430b2a7fd3eb8a4a4f36f04aa9.png

I grow pine trees.  That’s one reason I loved the whimsical painting. 😜

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't ditch it - you know how it works as soon as you throw it out you will need it!    

We have one of them in our laundry room in the basement after Eric broke his femur several years ago.   

Sad but funny story.    We had been out drinking with some friends everyone came back to our house and we were doing game night and having a blast.    We made up beds for everyone to sleep over as we were are all pretty lit.    Eric fell asleep and woke up in a daze to go to bathroom.    He apparently fell asleep while on the toilet and fell off it.   Tada he broke his femur and he broke the toilet and we had water going everywhere.    

He wasn't able to walk down the steps so it was a good thing everyone was still there as I had lots of helpers to carry him down the steps to the ambulance as we all decided none of us should drive.    OMG we had tons of one liners rolling off our tongues that night.   He didn't appreciate it at the time since he was in a lot of pain, but he eventually laughed about it. 

He has Never lived that one down.

PS the break was so bad he has a rod and pins with a bracket attached to his ankle (his foot was literally dangling when we were carrying him down the steps).

OMG is right!!  Poor Eric!  That's terrible!  Not only breaking his leg...but his reputation!  Guessing he indeed never lived that one down.  Funny story indeed, but probably not for Eric!  🤕😱😜

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. You're welcome.  I knew you'd like it and I figured you needed a laugh. 😉🍷

Yeah...the bathroom remodel is not going well.  Ugg...but that is Bucky's problem right now..."the one that didn't want to hire it out" guy.  😉 I will be the dutiful wife and make sure his tropical rum drink is waiting for him at 4 pm today. 🥃

Once we realized the existing tile was a definite..."oh no way 😜"....we picked out some nice "wood look" tile at the tile store.  Cha-ching on that one added to the total cost...but happy to get it done right.  Well worth the extra cost and waiting time. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We ordered Stressless dining chairs on Nov 21.  Were originally told that they were shipping Jan 6 and should be at the store 1-2 weeks from then.  After 2+ weeks, I called to get a status.  Now being told that there was a mix up and they aren't being shipped until March 6.  That will be about 16 weeks 😡.  Somethings not right with Stressless right now.

We were told they are "waiting on parts".   Apparently the route is this (as it was for our recliners)...

Special order, made in Norway...then shipped in pieces to North Carolina, where it is assembled and then shipped to us.  The recliners were 8 weeks.  This matching love seat...has already been 13 weeks, with the earliest not expected until at least March.  😖

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I can drive to Lowe's in my cart😉

Oh man...that is nice!!  Wish we had that.  I still have to get in the car to go to Lowes/Home Depot, Publix, and Walmart (all 1-2 miles away).  But we DO have two restaurants, our own post office, the manor, swim pools, gym, etc....within golf cart ride.  

In fact leaving right now for lunch at the larger restaurant/bar.  😉 

• Like 2

Tom is enjoying retirement here in Florida. However, even though he is paying to have lots of landscaping done, he's right out there with them, digging trenches, pulling bushes, moving sprinkler pipes, etc. He's never been a couch potato (like me) and prefers to be busy. Next up will be new windows (tinted). Sadly, my new kitchen got put on the back burner and won't happen until next fall, when we return for the winter months. Of course, that could be a blessing, since I refuse to use our current oven, afraid that it might catch fire or something. It works "sometimes". The stovetop is a piece of sh** too, so he does ALL of the cooking and I handle clean up! Hah! Really hoping the dishwasher dies soon though.

Our neighbors will be hosting a Super Bowl party which we plan to attend. Since quite a few will be there, Tom is going to put a TV on their outside porch to help with social distancing. Go Chiefs! I know the Bucs are the underdogs but I'm not a fan of Brady, so will cheer for that cutie, Mahomes!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh man...that is nice!!  Wish we had that.  I still have to get in the car to go to Lowes/Home Depot, Publix, and Walmart (all 1-2 miles away).  But we DO have two restaurants, our own post office, the manor, swim pools, gym, etc....within golf cart ride.  

In fact leaving right now for lunch at the larger restaurant/bar.  😉 

Wish we had a golf cart but the only thing within cart distance for us is a golf club that we don't belong to.  Our club is a 10 minute drive by car.  My parents lived for years at a golf community in Savannah (The Landings).  Seemed like almost every house had a half sized garage for a cart, and the shopping area outside of the main gate had golf cart parking spaces.  My kids LOVED taking the golf cart everywhere when they visited their grandparents.  When my parents eventually moved, the first thing my kids asked about was whether or not they kept the golf cart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

This cheesecake looks amazing.

Those raspberries - ohhh... My friends know that's my favorite fruit (every time I was in US, 1st thing I've done was buying a stack of Driscoll's). When they see me with them, they say: "The bear is happy" 😉

Taking a raspberry break from intensive pre-cruise touring in Venice:

P1040615.JPG

You look happy.

A carton of cherries and a carton of Raspberries and in Venice too.👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We ordered Stressless dining chairs on Nov 21.  Were originally told that they were shipping Jan 6 and should be at the store 1-2 weeks from then.  After 2+ weeks, I called to get a status.  Now being told that there was a mix up and they aren't being shipped until March 6.  That will be about 16 weeks 😡.  Somethings not right with Stressless right now.

Sounds better than our Lazy boy order. We bought our furniture in mid Oct and were told it would be ready this month. The expected delivery is now late March. 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There are 2 paper mills on the island that take in a lot of logs.  They are pretty unobtrusive and probably (I'm guessing) pay taxes that help keep property taxes down.  The downside is that there can be a steady stream of log trucks driving onto the island.  That painting can be a common view from your car on the main road coming in.

We sat outside when we ate at Cafe Karibo.  My wife called it the fairy garden.

You got that right!!  We stayed at a B&B right next to town, but at the crossroads of a main road that goes to main papermill at the waterfront.  Uggg!!  All night long, those rumbling log trucks coming to a noisy stop at the stop light...then rumbling on down...and then back.  Worst choice ever for a B&B location!!  😠

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah...the bathroom remodel is not going well.  Ugg...but that is Bucky's problem right now..."the one that didn't want to hire it out" guy.  😉 I will be the dutiful wife and make sure his tropical rum drink is waiting for him at 4 pm today. 🥃

Once we realized the existing tile was a definite..."oh no way 😜"....we picked out some nice "wood look" tile at the tile store.  Cha-ching on that one added to the total cost...but happy to get it done right.  Well worth the extra cost and waiting time. 

Your bathroom saga is stressing me out as we are about 2 weeks from our demo. So much that we picked out is either unavailable or back ordered that we are now being given more options. I know I will go over budget, as usual, but I can't justify spending $1400 on 2 faucets for the sinks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, derorim said:

We got our first snowfall of the season overnight, about 2 or 3 inches.  That was enough to close the schools.  It's a beautiful wet and heavy snow, and it's very windy.  The sun is coming out this afternoon, but if the snow doesn't all melt, it will turn to ice.  That will close schools again tomorrow.  That's what our granddaughter is hoping for!

20210128_084655.jpg

Yeah here in Michigan we had Snow Day yesterday, 5 inchs on top 3, snow and at a min some Flurries 13 days straight. Was supposed be back in Arizona this week!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Sounds like Stressless = Stressful. 

Yeah, but at least the two recliners are "our seats".   The new love seat we ordered to match...is for company...which is not happening much right now.  Their loss.  😉  

You should see Bucky go "Ahhhh...🤗"  when he sits in his recliner.  Very happy puppy. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wish we had a golf cart but the only thing within cart distance for us is a golf club that we don't belong to.  Our club is a 10 minute drive by car.  My parents lived for years at a golf community in Savannah (The Landings).  Seemed like almost every house had a half sized garage for a cart, and the shopping area outside of the main gate had golf cart parking spaces.  My kids LOVED taking the golf cart everywhere when they visited their grandparents.  When my parents eventually moved, the first thing my kids asked about was whether or not they kept the golf cart.

Indeed the golf carts are the usual mode of transportation around our community.  I would say less than half actually play golf (including us due to shoulders being shot)...but we do have a beautiful golf course that was in fact named most beautiful in our county just recently.  We also have tennis courts, Pickle ball courts, and the usual "old fart" games of choice...shuffle ball!  😉 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You win today Dani. 

Nice, very nice. I typically rent these when I travel. 

I had a Chrysler 300 SRT8. Loved that car.  It was so comfortable. Zippy too. 🙂

I flipped my 2004 SRT8 on the second model year of the newest model Challenger SRT8. Think it was a 2007.  That was later flipped for a project car, a 1970 Boss 429. Yup, we love cars. 

I grew up with everything Mopar.    My Father raced stock cars back in the day so I have been around everything cars my entire life.     My Brother and Father have restored many mopars throughout the years and I have helped too.    I restored 2 of my own cars when I was a teenager.    I remember my Mother yelling out the front door at me one day as I was under the car with a torch replacing my muffler.  She kept telling me wait for your brother to get home and of course, i didn't listen I was 16 yrs old and on my own mission.    An hour later I was done, showered and picking up my girlfriends for a weekend at the shore.       To do this day, I still change oil and brakes for all our cars myself and try my best to do whatever else I can myself, but they don't make it easy to do yourself anymore.   

My Brother has a warehouse that has about 10 or 12 classic cars that he has either restored or in the process of restoring.     2 of his favorites are his 1970 hemi cuda and his 1969 dodge charger R/T.     My DH, Eric, knew nothing about cars when I first met him but he has learned a lot over the last 25+ years,

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

They had that color for 2020 and 2021 on the 300s.  There was a sunset color I liked too but it was used with too many miles on it for being a 2020.  There was a blue color that was nice but it didn't have all the features this one did and the price was the same.

What is the name of this color?   Almost looks like an eggplant color.    Beautiful 🙂

We have a Beautiful day here on the Space Coast of Florida.  Bright sun and 60F.  The news about our beloved nearby Port Canaveral, however, is not so good.  Revenue has crashed, jobs gone, no departures...It is sad to see.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Nothing like starting the day with coffee and cheesecake.  It actually isn’t too bad for a low calorie recipe my wife found. 

1572C4E8-448C-4853-915D-98594B7C3C26.thumb.jpeg.6e2ee793abd1ff26253e8d2cd5a25c93.jpeg

And since we are looking for shiny things, I like this one I found near Harrods in London. 

EAE96B50-5DCE-465F-A256-24D52A2A9D24.thumb.jpeg.5daa71c6d61294a76c7e9932cfa70ca0.jpeg

I visited London in Fall of 2018 and remember seeing all the very expensive cars when I visited Harrods for the day.     I took several pictures to send to my Dad and Brother.     

I even fell in love with an Aston Martin convertible and asked for it for Christmas (the ship must be quarantined as it hasn't arrived yet ---LOL!)

7 minutes ago, billf0401 said:

We have a Beautiful day here on the Space Coast of Florida.  Bright sun and 60F.  The news about our beloved nearby Port Canaveral, however, is not so good.  Revenue has crashed, jobs gone, no departures...It is sad to see.  

Pretty much can say the same for all cruise ports...domestic or foreign.  😞 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I am sure it will be beautiful when done.     As you know after years of doing renovation projects, every job comes with some type of frustration and usually some cursing (at least in my house).     

Maybe throw a tad bit of extra rum into his HH cocktail.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, but at least the two recliners are "our seats".   The new love seat we ordered to match...is for company...which is not happening much right now.  Their loss.  😉  

You should see Bucky go "Ahhhh...🤗"  when he sits in his recliner.  Very happy puppy. 

Visions of Chandler and Joey (Friends) stretching out and sitting in their new recliners. 

• Like 2