Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can't post a picture right now because we're sitting in it. You probably like fancier vehicles, but we just bought a Yukon Denali today for me.  🚙

I just bought a Chrysler 300 to replace my 8 year old Chrysler 200.  They don't make the 200 anymore and this will be the last year for the 300.  Enjoy your Denali it will be a nice vehicle.

1643257011_NewCar.thumb.jpeg.885c85dc0ebb91d35f83085015fe6fc9.jpeg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

There is this card game Colonizators (dont mix it up with its bigger board version). Go for the card game. Its quick, easy to learn and if you lie building stuff its awesome. We always take it with us when we are travelling 

My friend Google is having a hard time finding anything on this game.  Do you have a link or a picture?

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I hardly notice the seat, as it stays folded up.  But....when I broke my foot (first night of Brilliance cruise a couple of years ago 😞 )....I sure could have used it!  Still have the ugly portable plastic medical seat out in the garage somewhere...time to ditch it!  😉 

Don't ditch it - you know how it works as soon as you throw it out you will need it!    

We have one of them in our laundry room in the basement after Eric broke his femur several years ago.   

Sad but funny story.    We had been out drinking with some friends everyone came back to our house and we were doing game night and having a blast.    We made up beds for everyone to sleep over as we were are all pretty lit.    Eric fell asleep and woke up in a daze to go to bathroom.    He apparently fell asleep while on the toilet and fell off it.   Tada he broke his femur and he broke the toilet and we had water going everywhere.    

He wasn't able to walk down the steps so it was a good thing everyone was still there as I had lots of helpers to carry him down the steps to the ambulance as we all decided none of us should drive.    OMG we had tons of one liners rolling off our tongues that night.   He didn't appreciate it at the time since he was in a lot of pain, but he eventually laughed about it. 

He has Never lived that one down.

PS the break was so bad he has a rod and pins with a bracket attached to his ankle (his foot was literally dangling when we were carrying him down the steps).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Ohhhhkaaaayyy --- here'we go

Ended up not buying it (didn't match my coat 😉)

DSC_0671.JPG

DS checking up a Tesla....

DSC_0499.JPG

Off Rodeo drive

DSC_0675.JPG

London

DSC_5679.JPG

Vienna

I think I'll go right out and buy a RR. It's only a measly $300,000.00 for the base model.  😱😱😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I just bought a Chrysler 300 to replace my 8 year old Chrysler 200.  They don't make the 200 anymore and this will be the last year for the 300.  Enjoy your Denali it will be a nice vehicle.

Love the color.   We have had a Chrysyler 300 SRT for 4 or 5 years and love it.  They are great cars.  I also have a Chrysler 200 convertible (hardtop).   Love that car too.   She sits in garage for the winter along with his baby a Dodge Challenger Hellcat and we drive the 300 and a Sebring during winter months.  

Lots of luck and fun road trips in your new 300😊

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Ohhhhkaaaayyy --- here'we go

You win today Dani. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can't post a picture right now because we're sitting in it. You probably like fancier vehicles, but we just bought a Yukon Denali today for me.  🚙

Nice, very nice. I typically rent these when I travel. 

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I just bought a Chrysler 300 to replace my 8 year old Chrysler 200.  They don't make the 200 anymore and this will be the last year for the 300. 

I had a Chrysler 300 SRT8. Loved that car.  It was so comfortable. Zippy too. 🙂

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love the color.   We have had a Chrysyler 300 SRT for 4 or 5 years and love it.  They are great cars.  I also have a Chrysler 200 convertible (hardtop).   Love that car too.   She sits in garage for the winter along with his baby a Dodge Challenger Hellcat and we drive the 300 and a Sebring during winter months.  

Lots of luck and fun road trips in your new 300😊

I flipped my 2004 SRT8 on the second model year of the newest model Challenger SRT8. Think it was a 2007.  That was later flipped for a project car, a 1970 Boss 429. Yup, we love cars. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

When we moved to Regina in September,

Where did you move from?  Regina is an interesting town, been there many times. I would stay at the Delta with a west view, and you could see the train headlight at night off in the distance. 30 minutes later it would roll into the rail yard. I would guess it was in Moose Jaw when I saw it’s first glow. 

I love the gas street lights near the Albert Memorial Bridge and the legislative park has wonderful grounds.  I also ate a few meals at the Keg too. Little known fact about Regina, it was the home of Dick Assman of the David Letterman fame from the mid 90s. Yes, that’s his real name. He was thrust to fame, similar to Dildo Newfoundland by Jimmy Kimmel. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Our black cat, Denise the Menise (female version of Dennis the Menace) will pick food out of her dish and eat with her paw.  Diana is the tabby.  They’ve gotten me through this lock down.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec32c0715fe41d025bb09c4ab9cba258.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1f10277a46e27afac47c4fd26e8f3f27.jpeg

Our black cat does the same thing except she will take 2 pieces of food out with her paw and only eat one piece. She continues eating like this and leaves a pile outside of the bowl. She's so funny. 🐈

10 hours ago, island lady said:

I still miss my "secretary"....

WP_002410.jpg

Leilani does the same. She even looks a little like your cat. She loves her daddy. Mike loves the girls also, but he has allergies to them. 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy your new car !!!

Seems a big car to park and drive 😁  -- I'm always looking at the practical -- "how I'm going to park this one?"😉

I'm used to the size. I had a Chevy Avalanche before. 

20160216_150639-1.jpg

20160216_151129.jpg

20181103_162641.jpg

20160216_153218.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...looks like she is doing it right to me!!  Is there any other way?  😄 😄  Thanks for the laugh!  

Agree. You're welcome.  I knew you'd like it and I figured you needed a laugh. 😉🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Love the color. I don't think I've seen it around. Is it a new color.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!    girl question - what color?

White Frost Tricoat.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How many cruise refunds did you get?

We only had 2 booked this past year. A TA and a b2b Baltic on the Brilliance. I was joking about going out and buying a RR. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Where did you move from?  Regina is an interesting town, been there many times. I would stay at the Delta with a west view, and you could see the train headlight at night off in the distance. 30 minutes later it would roll into the rail yard. I would guess it was in Moose Jaw when I saw it’s first glow. 

I love the gas street lights near the Albert Memorial Bridge and the legislative park has wonderful grounds.  I also ate a few meals at the Keg too. Little known fact about Regina, it was the home of Dick Assman of the David Letterman fame from the mid 90s. Yes, that’s his real name. He was thrust to fame, similar to Dildo Newfoundland by Jimmy Kimmel. 

We moved from Ottawa, but we were military and moved quite a lot. Most of our moves were in Ontario. We’re from BC originally, but that was some time ago!

I’ve never lived on the Prairies before, and I like it, although it tends to snow sideways. Still, every landscape has something to recommend it. There’s is lot to do here, and we’re looking forward to exploring, especially around the legislature.

I’m admiring all the cats here- I wanted to post a picture of mine, but what I’ve posted below doesn’t look right.

02E6AF46-177B-4C86-8960-F5C023BFC1B1.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

We moved from Ottawa,

At least from Ottawa you will be accustomed to the cold and snow. If the Royal Museum is open at some time it is worth checking out. Nothing like the ones in Ottawa but still worth a visit. 

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Love the color. I don't think I've seen it around. Is it a new color.

They had that color for 2020 and 2021 on the 300s.  There was a sunset color I liked too but it was used with too many miles on it for being a 2020.  There was a blue color that was nice but it didn't have all the features this one did and the price was the same.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, island lady said:

Ordered a love seat to match our Stressless (Ekorne) recliners in early November, supposed to be here by now.  They are telling us mid March or later now.  😣

Took 13 weeks (normally 4-6)  to get our bathroom cabinets.  

We ordered Stressless dining chairs on Nov 21.  Were originally told that they were shipping Jan 6 and should be at the store 1-2 weeks from then.  After 2+ weeks, I called to get a status.  Now being told that there was a mix up and they aren't being shipped until March 6.  That will be about 16 weeks 😡.  Somethings not right with Stressless right now.

• Like 2

We got our first snowfall of the season overnight, about 2 or 3 inches.  That was enough to close the schools.  It's a beautiful wet and heavy snow, and it's very windy.  The sun is coming out this afternoon, but if the snow doesn't all melt, it will turn to ice.  That will close schools again tomorrow.  That's what our granddaughter is hoping for!

20210128_084655.jpg

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Keksie said:

They had that color for 2020 and 2021 on the 300s.  There was a sunset color I liked too but it was used with too many miles on it for being a 2020.  There was a blue color that was nice but it didn't have all the features this one did and the price was the same.

It looks like a very nice car.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We ate lunch at Karibou.  Took this picture of a painting there that I loved.

image.thumb.jpeg.46a555245176c24c48121b47a06d7b77.jpeg

There are 2 paper mills on the island that take in a lot of logs.  They are pretty unobtrusive and probably (I'm guessing) pay taxes that help keep property taxes down.  The downside is that there can be a steady stream of log trucks driving onto the island.  That painting can be a common view from your car on the main road coming in.

We sat outside when we ate at Cafe Karibo.  My wife called it the fairy garden.

image.thumb.png.1d7451430b2a7fd3eb8a4a4f36f04aa9.png

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, derorim said:

We got our first snowfall of the season overnight, about 2 or 3 inches.  That was enough to close the schools.  It's a beautiful wet and heavy snow, and it's very windy.  The sun is coming out this afternoon, but if the snow doesn't all melt, it will turn to ice.  That will close schools again tomorrow.  That's what our granddaughter is hoping for!

I do like fresh, white, fluffy snow on a crisp sunny day (with no wind).  Very pretty.  It's the rest of the time that I could do without it.

• Like 2

Nothing like starting the day with coffee and cheesecake.  It actually isn’t too bad for a low calorie recipe my wife found. 

1572C4E8-448C-4853-915D-98594B7C3C26.thumb.jpeg.6e2ee793abd1ff26253e8d2cd5a25c93.jpeg

And since we are looking for shiny things, I like this one I found near Harrods in London. 

EAE96B50-5DCE-465F-A256-24D52A2A9D24.thumb.jpeg.5daa71c6d61294a76c7e9932cfa70ca0.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I do like fresh, white, fluffy snow on a crisp sunny day (with no wind).  Very pretty.  It's the rest of the time that I could do without it.

I like snow when it’s somewhere else.  If I never see it in person again, I’ll be happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We ordered Stressless dining chairs on Nov 21.  Were originally told that they were shipping Jan 6 and should be at the store 1-2 weeks from then.  After 2+ weeks, I called to get a status.  Now being told that there was a mix up and they aren't being shipped until March 6.  That will be about 16 weeks 😡.  Somethings not right with Stressless right now.

Sounds like Stressless = Stressful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1