Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😰😥😰😥😰😥

Sorry Dani.  Didn’t mean to upstage you. Amelia Island is in the middle of restaurant week. Many restaurants participate and have a fixed price menu with an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Took that picture before heading to a new (to us) restaurant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I spent some time doing furniture repair this past week, a first for me of this extent. My dad bought this chair shortly after he graduated from the architectural program in the mid-60s. One of the supports had broke and the glue was well dried out in all the other joints. After a few YouTube videos I went at it. 

I labelled all the pieces with tape so each part went back where it belonged. The small piece in stained was the replacement part I made.  

5C054FDE-AB99-4761-9AB8-EEB80F057608.thumb.jpeg.7adcc05069843cb1c896abc75f1ffc77.jpeg

On Saturday I disassembled the chair removed all the old glue, sanded down connecting locations and applied new glue. Then attached clamps and placed a heavy tool box on it to make sure it sat level. 

40DC7811-7501-4022-BA91-6ED681A4DE20.thumb.jpeg.f97dd096e23b2e8d7f59b9858eb9202a.jpeg

Yesterday I matched the stain as close as I could. 

4BFC4827-3AE2-4923-A4FA-5FD9A167722F.thumb.jpeg.01d48e31d838ba35808db6783e1e54cc.jpeg

I then removed the clamps and did the staining. The new replacement piece is the lower thin piece. I also went over any areas that needed it. 

Next part of the project, I will reupholster the chair. Material is ordered. Photos to come. It’s pretty ratty but it’s decades old and sat in a corner of the cottage basement for a long time. I haven’t done this before either. 

FA40BFC8-951F-42FD-A434-5F43E7A06CB1.thumb.jpeg.22b30529015cd2fc1b636f3f35a98265.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😰😥😰😥😰😥

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry Dani.  Didn’t mean to upstage you. Amelia Island is in the middle of restaurant week. Many restaurants participate and have a fixed price menu with an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Took that picture before heading to a new (to us) restaurant. 

Don’t worry Dani, I’m attracted to flashy things. Post a car pic tomorrow and you win. 😉

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I spent some time doing furniture repair this past week, a first for me of this extent. My dad bought this chair shortly after he graduated from the architectural program in the mid-60s. One of the supports had broke and the glue was well dried out in all the other joints. After a few YouTube videos I went at it. 

I labelled all the pieces with tape so each part went back where it belonged. The small piece in stained was the replacement part I made.  

5C054FDE-AB99-4761-9AB8-EEB80F057608.thumb.jpeg.7adcc05069843cb1c896abc75f1ffc77.jpeg

On Saturday I disassembled the chair removed all the old glue, sanded down connecting locations and applied new glue. Then attached clamps and placed a heavy tool box on it to make sure it sat level. 

40DC7811-7501-4022-BA91-6ED681A4DE20.thumb.jpeg.f97dd096e23b2e8d7f59b9858eb9202a.jpeg

4BFC4827-3AE2-4923-A4FA-5FD9A167722F.thumb.jpeg.01d48e31d838ba35808db6783e1e54cc.jpeg

I then removed the clamps and did the staining. The new replacement piece is the lower thin piece. I also went over any areas that needed it. 

Next part of the project, I will reupholster the chair. Material is ordered. Photos to come. It’s pretty ratty but it’s decades old and sat in a corner of the cottage basement for a long time. I haven’t done this before either. 

FA40BFC8-951F-42FD-A434-5F43E7A06CB1.thumb.jpeg.22b30529015cd2fc1b636f3f35a98265.jpeg

Great work( as long as it does not fall apart when in use.)

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

157/71 isnt too bad.  Good luck tomorrow.  Keep us posted.

My Neurologist wants me to have an MRI of the brain.I have an appointment for Feb.5.However,I am getting the second dose of the Covid vaccine on Feb.3 and I am told that there can be many side effects.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Great work( as long as it does not fall apart when in use.)

Many thanks. I placed about 40lbs on it for 30 hours and stayed stable when I sat on it afterwards. It won’t be used daily by any means, but I didn’t have the heart to throw it out. 

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Neurologist wants me to have an MRI of the brain.I have an appointment for Feb.5.However,I am getting the second dose of the Covid vaccine on Feb.3 and I am told that there can be many side effects.

All of our fingers have been crossed for you, and will continue to be.  

• Like 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Many thanks. I placed about 40lbs on it for 30 hours and stayed stable when I sat on it afterwards. It won’t be used daily by any means, but I didn’t have the heart to throw it out. 

All of our fingers have been crossed for you, and will continue to be.  

Thank you very much.I truly appreciate it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

We are now in the middle of total gut out of the main bathroom...ugg...getting too old for this crap.  Luckily have the guest bathroom as replacement...but almost didn't. 

Couple weeks ago Bucky noticed the plastic drain pipe in the guest bathroom looked odd...was starting to break down and crumble.  Sure enough rotten, plus the little sink was not attached to the wall correctly.  Soooo while we were waiting for custom cabinets we ordered to come in (takes 12 weeks!!) for the main bathroom...we luckily just got the guest bathroom done (and looking good!!)  Total remodel in there that was unplanned!  Thank you Lowes and Amazon for getting us through that with in stock supplies!! 

The new cabinets for main bath coming in tomorrow.  Whew!!  

Our master bath remodel starts in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

How about some Lucy video. Turn up the volume for the purr action. 

Lucy is a beautiful cat. My wife and I had a cat for 19 years.She was part of the family.At meal times she had a chair and would pick up food with her paws. She and I listened to music together,watched TV and she waited by the door all day for me to return from work.She left us in 2004 but I miss her dearly.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

What was the doctors opinion on what the priority should be?  Vaccine or MRI?  That's a tough choice.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

That is what they are attributing our big spike to also.   CDC begged people here to not travel, instead to stay home over the holidays...but did they listen?  NO   Very sad.  

Yup ever since thanksgiving the numbers were on the rise.  We are seeing a decline of new cases this week but increase of hospitalization, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beautiful job.   I'm sure your Dad would be proud😊

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Our master bath remodel starts in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it!

We were suppose to remodel our kitchen last year but didnt do after we heard about all the delay problems people were having with various materials and appliance.  Maybe this year.  It's the only room left in the house that I haven't remodeled.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I convinced Bucky to let us have a local contractor do our shower (just the shower)...knew it was going to be a total PIA.  He has never stopped bitching about their incompetent work.  But luckily I did insist someone else do it...since the twosome had to to pull the ugly plastic shower combo out, but found they also had to pull out the marble wall slabs that were hiding under it before they could do the full tile walk in we wanted.  OMG...glad we didn't try to tackle that...no way we could have muscled that out with our bad backs and shoulders.  😮  

Sooo back to DIY for all the rest (we also gutted and remodeled our kitchen a few years ago, totally on our own).    I designed it in my head during many nights of insomnia.  😉  I think that was kitchen remodel number 12 or 13 over the years for me....not including the new ones in the new houses.  

And yes....that wine is calling my name.  Best thing for an aching back...and pretty much everything else as well.  🍷 😄 

We redid our master bath about 2 years.  Removed tub and installed a floor to ceiling tile shower with 5 shower heads including steam feature.  Best thing ever.  Eric thought I took long showers but now they are even longer.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Lucy is a beautiful cat. My wife and I had a cat for 19 years.She was part of the family.At meal times she had a chair and would pick up food with her paws. She and I listened to music together,watched TV and she waited by the door all day for me to return from work.She left us in 2004 but I miss her dearly.

Do you mean like this Len? :classic_biggrin: Has own chair at table ✔️ Eats with paw ✔️ We miss him too. Louie was a great cat. Much smarter cat than dumb and dumber that we inherited and have now. :classic_biggrin: He was eating Dungeness crab. 

"You are a unique individual, as are 1 million others just like you." You are not the only person that had an overly spoiled cat Lenny. LOL. :classic_biggrin:

Mr Dainty.JPG

Wait.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t mind driving, as evidenced by my twice yearly trips to Florida and back from Toronto so I actually looked at driving to Seattle next year for our Alaska cruise.  38 hours instead of 22.  Nope, we are flying.  The one day straight through to Florida is fine but that’s the limit unless it was a road trip with days of driving mixed in with days of stops to see the sights. 

Our longest drive was 17 hours to Oshkosh. Never again. We were going to split it up, but we were informed that we were given the wrong date that it opened. We wanted to get there the day before so we would already be inside before the flood gates were opened. 🛬

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1