Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

A must visit to every market -- St. Lawrence Market (Toronto)

I live less than an hour away (several hours in bad traffic)  and have never been as an adult.  I think my parents took me there once as a kid.  

Funny how we travel the world to see different sights yet ignore things right in our own backyard. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dark sweet cherries come a close 2nd to the "cub's" favorite raspberries 😁.

Cherries can be found in Israel for a short period of time, at a PRICE...

IMG_20130723_110859.thumb.jpg.757863cdfc4367486ea96d9ed8110483.jpg

Rialto Market (Venice)

P1040542.thumb.JPG.346c12f01ac1e16a5389ff7dae0c6582.JPG

We grow our own blackberries and blueberries.  Last summer did not produce as much as we like, hopefully this year will produce more.   We also have a young cherry tree.   Boy, the birds love to pick at all of these if we dont get our nets over them early.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, singinalot said:

woohoo! which one?

keep us posted and enjoy!!!!

It was LIVEAQUA. Fantastic place! While there were plenty of covid restrictions, no masks needed at the beach, no hassles if you didn't wear one unless you were in the lobby or hallway. One interesting thing we learned about Cancun: They have the covid thing down pat. Temps taken at mall entry point, hand sanitizer mandatory. In the stores you even have to dip your feet onto a disinfected mat. We felt completely safe there. Had to covid test upon our return, both negative. My job required a quarantine so I just teleworked. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, johnjen said:

In the stores you even have to dip your feet onto a disinfected mat. We felt completely safe there. Had to covid test upon our return, both negative. My job required a quarantine so I just teleworked. 

That's a new one to me. Never heard of having to dip feet into disinfectant mat.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I live less than an hour away (several hours in bad traffic)  and have never been as an adult.  I think my parents took me there once as a kid.  

Funny how we travel the world to see different sights yet ignore things right in our own backyard. 

Agree, Ken. We say to ourselves: "there is time, it will always be here"...

We haven't been yet to Nazareth.... Waiting for our Christian relatives to come visit and to take them there.... and see it ourselves at the same time 😁

BTW, while visiting your beautiful and friendly country, we went to Saint John City Market and Vancouver's Granville Island Market (didn't want to post too many pics 😉).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Nice little spot. 🙂

It was. A very enjoyable half a day.

They had cherries for 4 CAD a kilo, and "pick your cherries" for another dollar. I hand picked every one of them, the biggest and the stone-hardest ones, "cherishing" (pun intended) every minute 😁😁 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree, Ken. We say to ourselves: "there is time, it will always be here"...

We haven't been yet to Nazareth.... Waiting for our Christian relatives to come visit and to take them there.... and see it ourselves at the same time 😁

BTW, while visiting your beautiful and friendly country, we went to Saint John City Market and Vancouver's Granville Island Market (didn't want to post too many pics 😉).

You're first post got me thinking about this summer.  With our Alaska cruise as well as most likely our Baltic cruise on the chopping block this would be a perfect time to look into an extended road trip either out west or down east.  Travel within Canada, especially driving should be fine for this summer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Dark sweet cherries come a close 2nd to the "cub's" favorite raspberries 😁.

Cherries can be found in Israel for a short period of time, at a PRICE...

IMG_20130723_110859.thumb.jpg.757863cdfc4367486ea96d9ed8110483.jpg

Rialto Market (Venice)

P1040542.thumb.JPG.346c12f01ac1e16a5389ff7dae0c6582.JPG

Those raspberries look fabulous... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's a new one to me. Never heard of having to dip feet into disinfectant mat.

We had to do this as well as a temp check and hand sanitizer when visiting my mother in hospice.  I've never seen it outside a medical facility though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You're first post got me thinking about this summer.  With our Alaska cruise as well as most likely our Baltic cruise on the chopping block this would be a perfect time to look into an extended road trip either out west or down east.  Travel within Canada, especially driving should be fine for this summer.

Head west... the drive from either Jasper or Banff to Vancouver is one of the most picturesque stretches of highway you could ever travel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Talking about road trips, eight years ago my DH cycled from Vancouver Island to Halifax carrying his camping tent and kit on the bike.  He did it mostly alone but met up with various Canadian friends along the way, some of whom cycled part way  with him.  He had lots of interesting experiences during the trip, including an encounter with a bear in the Rockies!! 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

Just now, sgmn said:

Talking about road trips, eight years ago my DH cycled from Vancouver Island to Halifax carrying his camping tent and kit on the bike.  He did it mostly alone but met up with various Canadian friends along the way, some of whom cycled part way  with him.  He had lots of interesting experiences during the trip, including with a bear in the Rockies!! 

Wow, that is an incredible accomplishment and something I'm sure he will always remember.  Hopefully there are no bear scars to remind him of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wow, that is an incredible accomplishment and something I'm sure he will always remember.  Hopefully there are no bear scars to remind him of it.

Ha ha, no, he stopped to take a photo but just then someone leaned on their car horn to get the bears attention, DH took off as fast as he could, not a lot of protection on a bike 

I thought he was crazy doing the trip, but when he decides to do something he usually follows through. He was in his mid 50s when he did it 

• Like 2