Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, my neighbor took good care of watering garden and flowers while we were away.   My cucumber plants are done producing and eggplant is nearing the end too but still getting good amount of peppers and tomatoes.

Good to have someone take care of the garden when you are gone.  It was forecasted to rain a lot while we are gone but it hasn't.   Kenzie and family has been watching over it. My DD sprayed my Brussel sprouts to try to get rid of the small caterpillars eating the leaves.  We are headed back now.  We plan to be back tomorrow before the sun goes down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

As promised a picture of the cactus blooming.  Not exactly a pleasant fragrance either and it draws flies.  LOL

Resized_20220910_104608.thumb.jpeg.82b54d6fca5f8080b0597f9c63fa3a81.jpeg

That is a stunning flower.  I googled the image and found that it is called a Starfish Cactus... gee, I wonder why!  Mother Nature is so amazing.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good to have someone take care of the garden when you are gone.  It was forecasted to rain a lot while we are gone but it hasn't.   Kenzie and family has been watching over it. My DD sprayed my Brussel sprouts to try to get rid of the small caterpillars eating the leaves.  We are headed back now.  We plan to be back tomorrow before the sun goes down.

We had a good drenching rain for several hours on Tuesday.  We really needed that.  Forecast says we may get some tomorrow.  We'll see.

Safe Travels home😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Barry is a true Hero.  May he RIP 🙏

We are seeing a lot of military planes and helicopters flying overhead our neighborhood today.  I'm sure it's for the 9/11 memorials tomorrow.

My family is blessed that my Brother missed his flight out of Boston that morning as he forgot a work portfolio in his hotel room and had taxi drive back for it.  

So many stories of 911.  My friend's sister missed her train into Manhattan that morning.  She had to give her baby extra hugs.  That delay saved her life.  She worked on one of the top floors in bldg one of the twin towers.

I remember how eerily quiet the skies were immediately after 911.

And so glad your brother missed his Boston flight.

• Like 10

I’m trying to catch up and stay caught up with y’all. 
So much to absorb!

Mark, I wish I could give you and your family a hug. Having your child diagnosed with cancer has to be a most painful time. Thank God with modern medicine there is hope. 
I’m terribly sorry your grandchildren will have to face another heart wrenching event. Losing a pet is losing a beloved family member.
I and I’m sure the rest of us are praying for your daughter and for her doctors to be given the tools she needs.   
Life seems to be a constant change from smooth to bumpy. I hope yours goes back to smooth in the not too far distant future. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It has been announced that Her majesty the Queen's State funeral will be on Monday 19th September at 11am UK time and the UK will have a bank holiday to watch her funeral at Westminster Cathedral.

I wouldn't be surprised if that set a record for the most watched event in global television history.  She was that well loved around the world.

I saw a tweet earlier of God Save the King being sung in England (not sure where).  The tweet said that almost everyone alive in the UK will likely not hear God Save the Queen sung anymore in their lifetime.  Strange thought.

Wikipedia says that there are 43 sovereign states in the world, with 1 remaining Queen monarch and 30 Kings...many of whom have wives who are queens.  Micheline pointed out that if you said "the Queen", most people around the world would think of Queen Elizabeth.  She was truly an amazing woman.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that set a record for the most watched event in global television history.  She was that well loved around the world.

I saw a tweet earlier of God Save the King being sung in England (not sure where).  The tweet said that almost everyone alive in the UK will likely not hear God Save the Queen sung anymore in their lifetime.  Strange thought.

Wikipedia says that there are 43 sovereign states in the world, with 1 remaining Queen monarch and 30 Kings...many of whom have wives who are queens.  Micheline pointed out that if you said "the Queen", most people around the world would think of Queen Elizabeth.  She was truly an amazing woman.

Prince William is next in line after his dad King Charles 3rd then his oldest son George is next in line after William.

• Like 3

Our traumatic proctored COVID test:

On Wednesday, Aug 27, I had our appointments set up for me at 2:30 and Dick at 2:45, with Rapid Test and Tracing. 
We were in a condo unit in Pompano Beach. 
We arranged our test supplies, including pens on the table. Sat my iPhone up and went over the test instructions again. 
Washed our hands and applied hand sanitizer. We were not going to screw this up!

I had received an email with a link. 
At 2:27 I clicked on the link. What?

It said install Microsoft Team!

I had read you don’t have to do that, but when I read through the entire email again, it only said click on the link. 
So I went to the Apple Store and installed 

Microsoft Team. Now  what? Sign up!

By now it is after 2:30. Everything from Rapid Test said miss your appointment, no refund. 
I tried to set up a Microsoft Team account. It said email address already in use. I had never heard of Microsoft Team. How could they have my email address?

Ding!

New email. From Rapid Test. 
“You did not check in for your test. Your appointment is canceled.”

OMG!

We still had Dick’s at 2:45, so hurry up and fix this mess!

I looked in my secure password list and I had a Microsoft account. Don’t remember why. 
So back to the app, and signed in. 
I got in, but saw nothing to tell me how to connect to Rapid Test and Tracing. 

I gave Dick their phone number

Asked him to call while I kept fooling around with the app. 
We’re way too old to be in this technology muddle!

He called and I heard him leaving a voicemail. I gave him their email address. 
Enail them and ask for help, I said. 
Ding!

Dick didn’t check in for his appointment. It is now canceled. 
I tried the phone number and managed to get a human. An actually human human who listened to my tragic story. She said she would talk to her manager and maybe they could slot us in on Thursday or Friday. I begged her to try to see what could be done. 
I then  started looking online for anywhere we could go at whatever cost. 
made a Walgreens appointment for the next day 30 miles away. 
tried Care Spot and had to leave a message. Their recording did mention walkins. 
Then Dick said “My screen says SG!!

Then he kept saying “I can’t hear you”, and then “Now I’m back to Home Screen. 
Five minutes later, as we tried to calm each other down, my screen said SG and then I was looking at my face. 
I said “Don’t hang up!”

Shadey Grant, the manager said not to worry. She could see us side by side though we couldn’t see her. 
She walked  us through the test and while we waited the 15 minutes we chatted. She’s in Toronto but enjoys South Florida. 
Then we had to hold up our cartridges, which we had marked with our initials, we could hear her camera click, and then she said the blessed words “I just sent your emails. You’re both negative!”

And after 45 minutes of terror, it was over. 
Of course, effective the 22nd, no more witnessed testing required except for longer cruises. 
That was our first precruise trauma!!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 16

There is a first for everything. 

Finally attended my first football tailgate in Oxford Ohio at Miami university. 

Oh the food 

And 

BEER. Tons of beer. 

Miss 26 weeks expecting mom ( daughter), is designated driver. 
But I’m backup.  I do not drink beer. 
Pass the water. 
5BC41C0D-93B5-4637-9AE7-DF62FBA3C74C.thumb.jpeg.744a5d75d3134628af3c63422bc3a5d2.jpeg

GO REDHAWKS. BEAT ROBERT MORISON   

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just scrolling through some pictures and it hit me how much something can change in 5 months. This is 2mos and now at 7mos old...

FB_IMG_1648252470758.thumb.jpg.b43c3c1195dd81e4fd2510477a7bdb5a.jpg

I don’t know why, but some in my family think Yoda would have been a good name. 

Too bad they can’t stay this size. 

• Like 8

Saw this earlier, beautiful words

Phillip came to me today, 
and said it was time to go. 
I looked at him and smiled,
as i whispered that "I know"

I then turned and looked behind me, 
and seen I was asleep. 
All my Family were around me, 
and I could hear them weep. 

I gently touched each shoulder, 
with Phillip by my side. 
Then I turned away and walked, 
with My Angel guide. 

Phillip held my hand, 
as he lead the way, 
to a world where King's and Queens, 
are Monarch's every day. 

I was  given a crown to wear
or a Halo known by some. 
The difference is up here, 
they are worn by everyone. 

I felt a sense of peace, 
my reign had seen its end. 
70 years I had served my Country, 
as the peoples friend. 

Thank you for the years, 
for all your time and love. 
Now I am one of two again, 
in our Palace up above.

Author Unknown

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Saw this earlier, beautiful words

Phillip came to me today, 
and said it was time to go. 
I looked at him and smiled,
as i whispered that "I know"

I then turned and looked behind me, 
and seen I was asleep. 
All my Family were around me, 
and I could hear them weep. 

I gently touched each shoulder, 
with Phillip by my side. 
Then I turned away and walked, 
with My Angel guide. 

Phillip held my hand, 
as he lead the way, 
to a world where King's and Queens, 
are Monarch's every day. 

I was  given a crown to wear
or a Halo known by some. 
The difference is up here, 
they are worn by everyone. 

I felt a sense of peace, 
my reign had seen its end. 
70 years I had served my Country, 
as the peoples friend. 

Thank you for the years, 
for all your time and love. 
Now I am one of two again, 
in our Palace up above.

Author Unknown

Actually attributed to an English poet called Joanne Boyle. 

• Thanks 1

This was my morning sunrise photo this morning, only I got there a little late.  

E5BE75D6-3A09-4F8C-B275-31CF8BB146D9.thumb.jpeg.e20bd880a36acb19dbd3e81a861a2d05.jpeg

In case you are wondering what that is that the sun is rising above, it is a bank of solar collectors, and they are all facing me, away from the sun.  Now I am not an expert, but I think they should face the sun.  

We walked at a campground, and they were celebrating Halloween today.  Probably because camping season is almost over for the year.  Most of the campers were decorated for Halloween. 

C723FC6E-B63B-4125-A533-CFE804D021B6.thumb.jpeg.a7df33153a9623deb1ae599ec7ecf4ac.jpeg

Now, as a Penn State fan, I don’t know what went wrong with my offspring.  I mean, none of them went to Ohio State, but they have all adopted that team.  Someone was ready for game day. 

C5EE66B4-2F91-419A-A7A7-AB1C7C8E4450.thumb.jpeg.813ce64a981f1a660087327d477e3409.jpeg

Dinner tonight was hibachi at Mizu’s. 

C38AB105-B072-42FA-BDA2-ED2EFE379040.thumb.jpeg.212b8c91b0f240f3c82e5974819f68b6.jpeg

Yum yum

20535DE8-77D0-49BE-A92C-1AEB8E8E822E.thumb.jpeg.fc6b252ca2216cae78ff3a3e3d1a0312.jpeg

• Like 12

Brian and Andrew are at the first TCU home game of the season in Fort Worth. Brian has season tickets, but he takes Andrew to a couple of games each year. 
243CF28C-C2C6-4950-8B7F-8E8B46868FA9.thumb.jpeg.bf7f77051ef60dcd0507f97818b70352.jpeg

Not to worry, Andrew also has Baylor gear (my school). It’s only fair. 😁

8A54AD15-EF3D-4B8B-BCA9-D06AA158B198.thumb.jpeg.299a8ef352b67b46fb44920d1f97cf53.jpeg

Even though our schools are bitter rivals, Brian and I have an understanding that we root for each other’s team except for the one game each year when they play each other.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Even though our schools are bitter rivals, Brian and I have an understanding that we root for each other’s team except for the one game each year when they play each other.

We had family friends where he was a graduate of the University of Michigan and his wife was a graduate of Ohio State.  Football season was "interesting" around their house!  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This was my morning sunrise photo this morning, only I got there a little late.  

E5BE75D6-3A09-4F8C-B275-31CF8BB146D9.thumb.jpeg.e20bd880a36acb19dbd3e81a861a2d05.jpeg

In case you are wondering what that is that the sun is rising above, it is a bank of solar collectors, and they are all facing me, away from the sun.  Now I am not an expert, but I think they should face the sun.  

We walked at a campground, and they were celebrating Halloween today.  Probably because camping season is almost over for the year.  Most of the campers were decorated for Halloween. 

C723FC6E-B63B-4125-A533-CFE804D021B6.thumb.jpeg.a7df33153a9623deb1ae599ec7ecf4ac.jpeg

Now, as a Penn State fan, I don’t know what went wrong with my offspring.  I mean, none of them went to Ohio State, but they have all adopted that team.  Someone was ready for game day. 

C5EE66B4-2F91-419A-A7A7-AB1C7C8E4450.thumb.jpeg.813ce64a981f1a660087327d477e3409.jpeg

Dinner tonight was hibachi at Mizu’s. 

C38AB105-B072-42FA-BDA2-ED2EFE379040.thumb.jpeg.212b8c91b0f240f3c82e5974819f68b6.jpeg

Yum yum

20535DE8-77D0-49BE-A92C-1AEB8E8E822E.thumb.jpeg.fc6b252ca2216cae78ff3a3e3d1a0312.jpeg

My Wife calls that Yum Yum sauce candy, says they should serve it over ice cream since it is pure sugar.  🤣

• Like 1